• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Yes, those were fun matches, tho I hope I'm getting better at Falco.
Someone free? I want to practice my Falco FC 1337-4407-9851

Btw, such Snake, I rarely fight to one, I have low experience with the match. (Tho, I have some theory)
Your Falco is looking good, although I see a lack of drill shine combos or shine at all for that matter. Drill>U-Tilt>Shine>Aerial is more reliable than D-Throw>U-Tilt. Especially since I started teching it in later matches. Also don't get predictable with his Side B. I punished you plenty of times since I knew you'd aim for center stage. DJ Double Lazer, Shine, and Drill usually work better. You can also this get up on stage the normal way if you have the space.

I think your main issue is trying to play all your character's the same way. It feels like you're autopiloting some times. I see too much U-Smash from Mario, Marth, and Falco when there were better options available. You also roll quite a bit when pressured, and sometimes for no reason (You F-Aired me with Marth on FoD and rolled away when you could've continued the combo). Dash Dance a bit more. It's great, especially when your opponent is knocked down. For example when I was Marth and you were Diddy I covered all your tech options with it, most noticeable when you get up attacked and my dash dance put me just outside it's range only for me to grab again.

Lastly, I see this from you and a few other players. When in an edgeguard situation you sometimes never grab the ledge when it's viable. Sometimes you'd wavedash back at the last second, but for the most part you'd sit and wait until I got back on stage and took back nuetral. Don't be afraid to grab (or regrab) the ledge to punish my recover with your invincibility frames.

Edit: I really only use Snake for funsies and because he won't mess up my Brawl Snake anymore since I don't play him(Or Brawl lol). He and Ivy are both weak to Marth, which prevents me from using him seriously.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
@un.dead I gotta go do stuff so I have to back out. Maybe I'll be on later today.
Good games. Your skills are really impressive. The lag was somewhat worse than last night for me. I was hoping I could get used to it but I never really caught on. So I'm just looking like a noob missing L-Cancels :p

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
Your Falco is looking good, although I see a lack of drill shine combos or shine at all for that matter. Drill>U-Tilt>Shine>Aerial is more reliable than D-Throw>U-Tilt. Especially since I started teching it in later matches. Also don't get predictable with his Side B. I punished you plenty of times since I knew you'd aim for center stage. DJ Double Lazer, Shine, and Drill usually work better. You can also this get up on stage the normal way if you have the space.

I think your main issue is trying to play all your character's the same way. It feels like you're autopiloting some times. I see too much U-Smash from Mario, Marth, and Falco when there were better options available. You also roll quite a bit when pressured, and sometimes for no reason (You F-Aired me with Marth on FoD and rolled away when you could've continued the combo). Dash Dance a bit more. It's great, especially when your opponent is knocked down. For example when I was Marth and you were Diddy I covered all your tech options with it, most noticeable when you get up attacked and my dash dance put me just outside it's range only for me to grab again.

Lastly, I see this from you and a few other players. When in an edgeguard situation you sometimes never grab the ledge when it's viable. Sometimes you'd wavedash back at the last second, but for the most part you'd sit and wait until I got back on stage and took back nuetral. Don't be afraid to grab (or regrab) the ledge to punish my recover with your invincibility frames.

Edit: I really only use Snake for funsies and because he won't mess up my Brawl Snake anymore since I don't play him(Or Brawl lol). He and Ivy are both weak to Marth, which prevents me from using him seriously.
-Alert, bible ahead-
Autopiloting, and playing every character the same way, is a problem I have been feeling when I play as any other character that is not Mario, since I started to main him in PM, I think is becuase I'm kinda blocked when it comes to use another character I don't feel I know the enough about.

Before I started to main Mario, I did a research of every single aspect he change from Melee to PM, this helped me to feel less nervios when I used him.
It was like a school project, you know, I wrotten down every aspect of Mario I liked from other games, I saw where the diference existed. It was about 5 pages in a Word file, lamely, the usb that keept it died around 2 months ago.

Actually, sometimes I look at the screen of the computer and play at the same time, they aren't that close tho, I have to choose where I want to see, maybe there is when you feel I started to autopiloting. This is a hard die habit I have since my computer is in the same place of my TV. (This is why I hate to not be alone in the house, I get distracted alot)

I'm going to be clear from now, and before doing a decision of which character to kept, and which not, I need to make another research, but now for Falco, Marth and Ganon , I will do a research, which I will find their perfect playstyle that I would REALLY like to learn.

And about the edgeguarding thing, I sometimes just forget about it... I will work on it.

Top Bottom