• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Project M on a PAL Wii *UPDATED*

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
When I try to open Brawl it says RSBE01.gct does not exist.

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
On the WBFS Manager, no matter how many times I select my .rar file, it doesn't seem to recognize it.

Narpas_sword

On the WBFS Manager, no matter how many times I select my .rar file, it doesn't seem to recognize it.
extract the rar file.
you want to select an ISO

When I try to open Brawl it says RSBE01.gct does not exist.
Did you follow this correctly?

16. The only thing you need to do now is turn ocarina on. you can either do this by locating the brawl iso and following >game settings>loader settings>ocarina and turning it to on (it should say global before changing it), or just turn it on from the usb loader settings (if you do this, leave it as global in the settings for brawl).

Is your SD card set up correctly with PM?

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
I think so, but I'm not sure. I couldn't find most of those options but I found options that were very similar and when I turned ocarina on it didn't say global. Where is it supposed to say global and where exactly do I go to set it up?

Narpas_sword

where do you find brawl iso (don't know where WBSB is)?
on a brawl disc, you can use the cleanrip app for homebrew to rip it to usb.
we cant discuss obtaining isos other ways here.

@ Squelchyman Squelchyman , not sure what to tell you bud, you'll either have to get another one, or figure out if theres something weird about your pc and hiding file types.

@ MagiMagi MagiMagi , usbloader has a little cod for the settings, just go looking through there.

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
I did follow those steps (it didn't say global though) and I'm pretty sure it's set up correctly on my SD card. Why does it say it doesn't exist?

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
This is a really stupid question but how do I send an image?

Narpas_sword

ok, first up, are you doing anything with homebrew other than usb loader?
there is a lot on your sd card

did you complete the format in this step?

10. insert the SD card back into your computer, and perform another quick format. locate the file 'homebrew.zip' that you downloaded from the project M website. extract the contents of this file onto the root directory of your SD card.

the immediate otehr problem i see is that project m is in it's homebrew folder still.
the files inside the homebrew folder should be on the root of your sd card.

@ ndowner ndowner , perhaps this step should be explained a little more thoroughly?
extracting the contents of a file to the root is a little ambiguous, im guessing people are extracting the zip straight to the sd, instead of extracting it, then taking the contents in the homebrew folder and putting those on the sd.

perhaps the OP can have a screenshot of the completed SD card?

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
No, I forgot to format it then. Will I have to redo anything or just format it now? No, I haven't got anything else on my SD card. I have at least one document that's terms and conditions of something so I may have accidentally downloaded some small things. So, don't I just cut and paste everything on to the root directory?

Narpas_sword

format the card, then do 10 and 11 again.

12 - 16 wont be affected by the format, and will still be fine to go.

extract the homebrew.zip to your desktop
open the homebrew folder that you get
copy everything in there (apps, codes, projectm, gameconfig.txt)
paste those onto your SD card Root

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
So after I do step 10, all that should be on the card is the three folders and gameconfig.txt? (sorry if this is obvious by the way)

Narpas_sword

Yea, step 10 clears your card.
then adds the contents of the homebrew folder.
which is:

/apps/
/codes/
/projectm/
gameconfig.txt

that is all that will be on the card after step 10. (including whats in the folders of course)

apps and coeds folders are standard homebrew folders, the projectm specific stuff is in them. (you can add other apps, which is what you're doing in step 11)

step11, get the contents of the 'USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip'
which is:

/apps/
/wad/
changelog.txt
reademe.txt

copy those to the root of the SD card (it will merge the apps folders together, so if you open the apps folder on your SD card, it should have the projectm folder, and the usbloader_gx folder.

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
Now USB Loader GX isn't opening. Sorry to keep pestering you, but how do I fix this?

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
Thanks.

It's on the Wii menu screen and I can press to open it but then it just takes me back to the menu screen again. It may be because of something I did with the SD card. Since the usbloader folder was supposed to be in apps and when I extracted it, it was on the root directory, I moved it into apps. Was that me being stupid?

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
No, it doesn't come up.

EDIT: PM comes up but I can't play it.

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
I don't have wad, changelog or readme. I think I may have extracted the allinone thing wrong. What's changelog and readme though?

Narpas_sword

guessing you did this bit wrong:

step11, get the contents of the 'USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip'
which is:

/apps/
/wad/
changelog.txt
reademe.txt

copy those to the root of the SD card (it will merge the apps folders together, so if you open the apps folder on your SD card, it should have the projectm folder, and the usbloader_gx folder.

Extract 'USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip' to desktop.
Open the USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249 folder.

inside is

/apps/
/wad/
changelog.txt
reademe.txt

put all of those on the root of your sd card.

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
I checked and I have all the same files except they don't say .txt after them. I'll redo this part now.

Narpas_sword

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
So what do I do? I have all the same files.

Edit: nvm

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
IT WORKED!

Thanks for all the help, I'd be lost without you. I really can't thank you enough. I'm so hyped to play.

Narpas_sword

With your vague description of "no matter what i do" i can't really think of how to help.
perhaps a few more details?

I had an issue with a friends USB stick he wanted me to setup his wii with, some just dont want to work, it didnt hang though, jsut error saying something like 'usb drive not recognised'
Can you try another usb drive?
I know the DSE brand ones work fine: http://www.dicksmith.com.au/usb-hard-drives/****-smith-8gb-usb-2-0-dsau-xm1450

Are you putting it in the correct usb port on the wii?

Last edited:

Voltiac

Smash Rookie
I've followed the guide through twice and I've been successful up to the point where I open USB loader. It goes for about 30 secs until it says it couldn't find a USB or HDD drive. Im currently using a 32GB Toshiba USB. Ill try the USB that you have linked and ill come back to tell if it works.

Edit: I've tried both USB ports (although I think it said the outmost USB port in the guide).

Last edited:
Top Bottom