• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M New Art Tuesday: Shinobi Squirtle!

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

Malion

Smash Ace
Yoshi is at 10 skins already, so no alts for him unless they get rid of some recolours.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Honestly, I don't think it would. To me, he doesn't look different enough from Roy to really be all that great of a costume change. I'd much rather have his Awakening alt or some other Fire Emblem character reference.
He doesn't look different enough? He has different clothing, hair color, and sword. Remember, they are not going to change the whole model, just the texture. Eliwood is different enough and has some sort of relationship with Roy to be a good alt in my book.

Difference of opinions I guess. Let's just hope that Roy gets a cool alt no matter what it is.

EDIT: Just thought it over, and his awakening alt (the one on the Roy card) would be amazing. Even more so than Eliwood. Now I'm hoping for awakening Roy...

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
He doesn't look different enough? He has different clothing, hair color, and sword. Remember, they are not going to change the whole model, just the texture. Eliwood is different enough and has some sort of relationship with Roy to be a good alt in my book.

Difference of opinions I guess. Let's just hope that Roy gets a cool alt no matter what it is.

EDIT: Just thought it over, and his awakening alt (the one on the Roy card) would be amazing. Even more so than Eliwood. Now I'm hoping for awakening Roy...
I'm not really saying anything negative about Eliwood as a character. While there are differences, you can clearly see the relation between Roy and Eliwood. Even in terms of costume design. All I'm saying is that Eliwood looks much closer to Roy than Sigurd looks to Marth or Hector to Ike. I would want the costume to look different enough feel like a full fledged costume change in that regard. That is why I find Eliwood a bland choice in terms of a costume alt.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I will stare at his until my eyes bleed from the joys of how pleased I am to experience this sight.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Can't bring myself to feel the full hype I should for this. Squirtle is, imo, one of the most underrated characters in PM. Crazy potential to tap into, with his speed+small hurtboxes, good floatiness+slidiness for WDs and avoiding getting comboed, decent recovery, and plethora of moves that are quick, combo/kill very effectively, have massive disjoints, and/or have super armor. He's a really good character. And I'm salty as hell over it lol.

But that aside, great costume. Love it. Just don't love that I'm gonna have to face not just more squirtles, but more squirtles loving their great costume while they crap all over me aha. Oh well. Everyone has to have that one Jigglypuff-esque MU to go salty over to see the weaknesses in their play or their character and hardcore practice around it lol...just need to figure my way out of it in due time >>

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Looking at this new alt makes me wish the PMBR game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up a proper treatment.

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
Man if I were being targeted by ninjas and Ryu Hayabusa Squirtle came to kill me I would die happy.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm deeply sorry about this. It was never my intention to troll anyone, and I am deeply sorry if I offended anyone.
Don't be sorry. You stated your opinion in a respectful way, which is a lot more than most people can ask for.

And it's not like PMBR hate people in Australia, due to technical limitations they can't work on PAL versions for the time being.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
First time I've heard of this Alt Tuesday. Maybe they should add them to the site seeing as I haven't seen the MK or Ike costumes before.

Here's a link to the alt costume thread, anyway.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA SQUIRTE!!!

Ok.. maybe not mutant... :p

Last edited:

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
Someone please...I demand there be a Plushie of this Squirtle be made. I don't even own any plushies but that thing is too bloody awesome and adorable to not want one.

It's just fantastic!

Yori

Banned via Warnings
Can we download this right now or is it included in the next version?

Zorgo

Smash Rookie
The hype is too much. If they don't release the new version soon I'm going to explode.

Top Bottom