• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Launcher Channel (Gecko OS Forwarder)

Hydra_Hunter

Smash Rookie
The launcher freezes for me on a blank screen after I hit launch. Anyone else have that problem?
It should be noted I'm running this on my WiiU's wii mode. Everything else ran exactly the same so I didnt think that would be a problem

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I keep getting stack dump/ code dump... on the ios installer,..whats the deal? it says error making http request

update: I re-ran it like 15 times it eventually worked. I must say, this is a breath of fresh air! Thanks!

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Oh, I forgot I had even made this. Maybe I should update it with the new font and logo and create one for the Launcher myself.
I have a noob question: Is the IOS236 needed to launch via Gecko OS or for the Channel to work?
It's pretty much there for general compatibility with all Wii firmware system versions and doesn't necessarily have to do with Gecko or the channel itself. The reason why I included it was basically just for tutorial purposes and to give people a set and uniform way to install the Wad without causing any harm or problems (i.e. system bricking, memory loss, freezing, etc).

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Oh, I forgot I had even made this. Maybe I should update it with the new font and logo and create one for the Launcher myself.
Of course, update it! also, it would be cool if you keep using the Prodigy song.

It's pretty much there for general compatibility with all Wii firmware system versions and doesn't necessarily have to do with Gecko or the channel itself. The reason why I included it was basically just for tutorial purposes and to give people a set and uniform way to install the Wad without causing any harm or problems (i.e. system bricking, memory loss, freezing, etc).
So the ios236 can come very handy, thanks for the answer!

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie

If you end up doing that, just tell me and I'll change my forwarder's channel ID :p

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
After a long hiatus I've finally went ahead and updated the channel. Please see OP for more info and a new download link.

I might also whip up some versions for the P:M Launcher and one or more USB Loaders as well, but we'll see.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
So, this doesn't work with the PM launcher? Does the Gecko OS Launcher work the same way as the PM Launcher? Instead of going under SD/private/wii/rsbe/etc. Everything just goes under SD/projectm. If it works the same way I wouldnt mind using this outdated forwarder

dmoeenm

Smash Rookie

This is a Project M styled forwarder channel for Gecko OS, designed for people that have access to the Homebrew Channel and load Project M via a retail copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. It creates an entirely separate channel onto your Wii Menu and forwards the Gecko OS application in your SD card when opened, so that you can load up Project M without having to go through the Homebrew channel. While it's not too entirely useful for most people, it does make for a rather unique novelty channel, filling up space and giving your Wii Menu a little something to spice it up.

Channel Image Previews
Banner

Icon 1

Icon 2
Download Contents
-IOS 236 Installer app for the Homebrew Channel
-WAD Manager app for the Homebrew Channel​
-Project M Launcher Gecko OS app for the Homebrew channel
-Project M Launcher forwarder channel WAD

Steps for Installation
IMPORTANT NOTE: As a small precaution, please make sure you have no Nintendo Gamecube memory cards or USB devices inserted, as these may cause unintended and/or harmful effects during the installation process. To navigate the menus of the Homebrew apps, you will need a regular Nintendo Wii Remote (without Wii Motion plus) or a Nintendo Gamecube controller plugged into port 1.

(If you already have IOS 236 previously installed, you can skip ahead to Step 5)

Step 1). After the download is finished, extract the folders to the root of your SD card.
Step 2). Turn on your Wii, go to the Homebrew Channel and load the "IOS236 Installer" app.
Step 3). Let the app load for a moment. Press the 1 button whem prompted to, select "Download IOS from NUS", and press A to continue.
Step 4). After a few seconds, there will be an option that asks you if you intend on using this to pirate games, so please press 2, otherwise the application is designed to lock itself from being used. Once finished, exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Step 5). Once you're in the Homebrew Channel, load the "WAD Manager" app.
Step 6). Press left on the D-pad until IOS 236 is selected, then press A. Select your Wii SD Slot, then scroll down to the "wad" folder and press A to open it.
Step 7). Scroll down some more, press A to select the Project M Launcher WAD file, and press A to install it.
Step 8). After a few seconds, the channel will finish installing. Press A and then HOME to exit to the Homebrew Channel, then press HOME and scroll down to "Exit to System Menu" to exit back to the Wii Menu.

In the closest available empty spot in your Wii Menu, you will have my Project M Launcher channel appear.

when i press load game it cant find the disk even though it has loaded up because my wii does take a littel long to load up a game fully so is there any thing can do to fix this or do i have to go back to the loader

Munkyadrian

Smash Rookie
Okay I'm not 100% sure how I got it to work in the first place and I'm not sure if I can replicate it on another system but I managed to get my Wii to load into PM automatically on boot from a ROM on a usb stick.

I ****** around with a bunch of settings and got USB Loader GX to auto boot to Brawl, then in USB Loader's files I replaced the stock Brawl codes with one of the .gct files from my build (I used Legacy TE), then I went into BootMii and set up the autoboot to boot to USB Loader GX and that somehow worked. I do believe I'm leaving some parts out but that is the general gist of it, if anyone could try and replicate it on a different system I would be curious to see if it's even possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom