• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Launcher Channel (Gecko OS Forwarder)

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146

This is a Project M styled forwarder channel for Gecko OS, designed for people that have access to the Homebrew Channel and load Project M via a retail copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. It creates an entirely separate channel onto your Wii Menu and forwards the Gecko OS application in your SD card when opened, so that you can load up Project M without having to go through the Homebrew channel. While it's not too entirely useful for most people, it does make for a rather unique novelty channel, filling up space and giving your Wii Menu a little something to spice it up.

Channel Image Previews
Banner

Icon 1

Icon 2
Download Contents
-IOS 236 Installer app for the Homebrew Channel
-WAD Manager app for the Homebrew Channel​
-Project M Launcher Gecko OS app for the Homebrew channel
-Project M Launcher forwarder channel WAD

Steps for Installation
IMPORTANT NOTE: As a small precaution, please make sure you have no Nintendo Gamecube memory cards or USB devices inserted, as these may cause unintended and/or harmful effects during the installation process. To navigate the menus of the Homebrew apps, you will need a regular Nintendo Wii Remote (without Wii Motion plus) or a Nintendo Gamecube controller plugged into port 1.

(If you already have IOS 236 previously installed, you can skip ahead to Step 5)

Step 1). After the download is finished, extract the folders to the root of your SD card.
Step 2). Turn on your Wii, go to the Homebrew Channel and load the "IOS236 Installer" app.
Step 3). Let the app load for a moment. Press the 1 button whem prompted to, select "Download IOS from NUS", and press A to continue.
Step 4). After a few seconds, there will be an option that asks you if you intend on using this to pirate games, so please press 2, otherwise the application is designed to lock itself from being used. Once finished, exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Step 5). Once you're in the Homebrew Channel, load the "WAD Manager" app.
Step 6). Press left on the D-pad until IOS 236 is selected, then press A. Select your Wii SD Slot, then scroll down to the "wad" folder and press A to open it.
Step 7). Scroll down some more, press A to select the Project M Launcher WAD file, and press A to install it.
Step 8). After a few seconds, the channel will finish installing. Press A and then HOME to exit to the Homebrew Channel, then press HOME and scroll down to "Exit to System Menu" to exit back to the Wii Menu.

In the closest available empty spot in your Wii Menu, you will have my Project M Launcher channel appear.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
awesome PM forwarder channel bro! I just downloaded it and Makes accessing PM that much better. Something you should know though is, at least for me, i couldn't use the ios installer with a wiimotion plus wiimote. when the app starts it says press one to begin but it disconnects the wiimotion plus wiimote and kept doing it everytime i stated the app.

I was able to install everything by accessing the app with a regular wiimote.

and by the way your textures on brawl vault are hella sick. I followed your link in your sig and got almost all of them. keep it up, especially the orange themed ones.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Ahh I should've added that part, you can only use a regular Wiimote or a Gamecube Controller plugged into port 1 to navigate the menus.

And thanks!

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Could you make this Wad with the song you had on the first loader you made? please c:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner. I'm having computer issues so I can only come here every once in a while, and I forgot to check this thread for replies, questions, concerns, etc.

I could make another version with different music, but understand that everyone has different tastes in music, and it would be practically impossible to cater to everyone; otherwise I'd have dozens and dozens of channels. I used Melee Break the Targets because I didn't want to risk going over file size using Stand Up, which I used this time around.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Oh but i wasnt asking for a custom one, i was just asking for the music that came with the first loader you made, thats all c:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Well, I don't have access to my computer right now, so your best bet is to either keep using the old one, or find someone who still has it if you don't.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Bro! This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this. Love the "unofficial" theme.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yo Xeno! (Can I call you that?) For some reason when I try to install this channel, when I load the WAD Installer, it just sits on that screen. No button inputs work when I try them. I don't think it freezes, cause when I press the power button it goes all Dumb and Dumber most annoying noise ever mode... with a bunch of random code junk before it finally goes away. Now I've only tried to install it with a GC Controller since I only have a Wii MotionPlus remote. Do I need a regular WiiMote navigate the WAD menus?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Yes, you need a regular Wii Remote without Wii Motion Plus built into it, or a GCN controller plugged into port 1, and you use the D-pad to navigate the menus. There's a note that I wrote in my OP in the "Steps For Installation" segment.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yes, you need a regular Wii Remote without Wii Motion Plus built into it, or a GCN controller plugged into port 1, and you use the D-pad to navigate the menus. There's a note that I wrote in my OP in the "Steps For Installation" segment.
Yeah I tried with the GC controller in port 1 of course. But it still doesn't go anywhere. Just stays on that first screen...

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Do you have a GCN Memory Card or anything else inserted? It may also be that this particular app only works with a regular Wii Remote and not a GCN controller like I assumed, since I sometimes use the GCN controller in the Homebrew Channel. I'll check and see later if it works for me. If not, then you'll have to find a regular Wii Remote without WM+ somewhere.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Do you have a GCN Memory Card or anything else inserted? It may also be that this particular app only works with a regular Wii Remote and not a GCN controller like I assumed, since I sometimes use the GCN controller in the Homebrew Channel. I'll check and see later if it works for me. If not, then you'll have to find a regular Wii Remote without WM+ somewhere.
No Memory Card or any other accessories inserted. Yeah I was thinking that it would require a regular Wii Remote... I may actually be able to acquire one later today myself to be able to test it out. If I figure something out before you do I'll post it here. Also THANKS! lol

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it freezes, cause when I press the power button it goes all Dumb and Dumber most annoying noise ever mode... with a bunch of random code junk before it finally goes away.
Note I liked your post just for this. Hahaha!

Doq

Smash Lord
Remotes with older Motion Pluses work as well (I have one) but newer ones don't

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Could I have that CSS? It looks really nice.
It's outdated by a bit, but you can download a better one with SJS's newer and better portraits here.

Just take the MiscData[70] from his download and replace your existing one in your common5 with it using BrawlBox. If you don't know where it is, it's under "sc_selcharacter_en" in common5.

Remotes with older Motion Pluses work as well (I have one) but newer ones don't
I know that, I said that the ones that have WM+ built into them don't work, but a regular Wiimote (and with the external WM+ attachment) will.

Doq

Smash Lord
I know that, I said that the ones that have WM+ built into them don't work, but a regular Wiimote (and with the external WM+ attachment) will.
That's exactly what I mean. I have two Wii Remotes, both with wm+. One is an older revision and one is the newer one. The older one will work while the newer one will not.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
One other question, in BrawlBox, how do I get rid of the names on top of CSS icons?
It's actually very easy.

Open common5 in BrawlBox and navigate to MiscData[30] in sc_selcharacter_en.

Then open up MiscData[30] and find AnmChr[NW4R].

Open up AnmChr[NW4R] and find MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0, open that up and click on nameEA0.

On the bottom of your BrawlBox window, you will see a table with some values in them like these.

Change all of those values to zero, like this.

Then repeat this all the way from MenSelchrFaceB_TopN__0 to MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0.

And that'll give you a CSS with no names on the icons.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Glad to see that there are no complaints about this. The GCN controller not working correctly can be because you did not run the IOS 236 Installer. I remember having issues with the WAD Manager before because I didn't install the IOS.

Edit: Can confirm that everything works fine. I had an issue with the IOS 236 installer connecting to the internet, but the v6 version of the installer has fixed the network error. I thank you for making this channel, AND motivating me to get wad manager working!

Son Baco

Smash Rookie
I really like to know if you need a cd for this as well. Isn't there another way around it?

Doq

Smash Lord

Renji64

Smash Lord
Would this work for people who load by usb? I wanted to figure how to do that for usb loader gx 3.0 it has banners like that i was hoping i can make one for P:M

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Would this work for people who load by usb? I wanted to figure how to do that for usb loader gx 3.0 it has banners like that i was hoping i can make one for P:M
I think you would have to modify the game's ISO to do that. Could be wrong, though.

Top Bottom