• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
I'm usually optimistic for indie projects going dark for a bit, but we haven't heard a thing from formerly known as Codex for several months. Unless he pops in to say that this is still a thing, it's getting safer to assume that this might be actually be dead. That would be a damn shame after following optimistically for over a year, never get hyped for personal projects, most fall through eventually when they realize they've bitten more than they can chew. I hope I'm wrong though, this was very promising for a long time.

Munkyadrian

Smash Rookie
I'm usually optimistic for indie projects going dark for a bit, but we haven't heard a thing from formerly known as Codex for several months. Unless he pops in to say that this is still a thing, it's getting safer to assume that this might be actually be dead. That would be a damn shame after following optimistically for over a year, never get hyped for personal projects, most fall through eventually when they realize they've bitten more than they can chew. I hope I'm wrong though, this was very promising for a long time.
Thats exactly what I didn't want to hear, I've been following this build for ages and I've always had hope that codex would finish his build but its become pretty bleak since he hasn't said a thing since July 5th

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Codex has been busy with life. Very busy. Will he come back? I have no idea. But I'm sure that if he had the time to work on the build he would.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
also, all of the mods that he plan to add aren't even done yet so he really doesn't have to work on it atm. it's best for him to wait until everything he's gonna add is done. that way he doesn't have to work/stop and work/stop again. that could be the reason why he hasn't posted.

that or he's trying to let the thread die so people will forget, but u guys keep posting.(that's wut i'd do)

not sure if it's dead or not, me no here from him in awhile either:(

Last edited:

Oscar30694

Smash Rookie
Haven't heard any update on this ... does no one hear know him on a personal level or know if he has a Twitter or any other social media app .. ?

Hope he's ok ..

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
Haven't heard any update on this ... does no one hear know him on a personal level or know if he has a Twitter or any other social media app .. ?

Hope he's ok ..
I would assume he is on social media, although I have no clue how to find him. He used to be very active on Smashboards until around the end of July, which was the last I remember him posting. He's mentioned to us he was a very busy person, so I would that's his reason for being inactive. I hope we hear from him soon though.

Last edited:

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
I believe he was involved with the Smash 3 project, does anyone have any contacts with persons on the S3 team that we can see if he's still working with them?

Oscar30694

Smash Rookie
Soo .. Project m has been cancelled but ppl found out a new updated version of it 4.0 of it .. lol

Wasabi_Skillz

Smash Rookie
Well, since 3.6 is the final version, he won't have to catch up on any updates if this build ever came into fruition lol.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
It's been about a year since I first started following this project.
And by going through all 38 pages again, we've really come a long way.
I sure hope Codex is okay. At least anything. A simple reply. I cri. :/
:201n::201e::201v::201e::201r: :201l::201o::201s::201e: :201h::201o::201p::201e:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 ! Would it be all right if I made a mod using your pit recolours as a base? It'll be a model import.

Did you ever make Donkey Kong CSP's in the Brawl pose? I thought you did at one point...

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Hey MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 ! Would it be all right if I made a mod using your pit recolours as a base? It'll be a model import.

Did you ever make Donkey Kong CSP's in the Brawl pose? I thought you did at one point...
I'm not Codex, but the DK Brawl pose is in the Project M Visual Fixing/Updating thread
On page 11, Codex has a link to all of the Brawl Posed CSPs + Bps that aren't on the OP.
Here's the direct link to the csp pack
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrm85r6g2y4o99r/Pack.rar?dl=0

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm not Codex, but the DK Brawl pose is in the Project M Visual Fixing/Updating thread
On page 11, Codex has a link to all of the Brawl Posed CSPs + Bps that aren't on the OP.
Here's the direct link to the csp pack
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrm85r6g2y4o99r/Pack.rar?dl=0
I love you. Too bad all his CSP's on the main page are no longer up.

Codex, we need you! Come back to us so I can make you smoothies!

Last edited:
Top Bottom