• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
face looks kinda washed out/monotone, like peach or whatever
Really now? Onless others say I personally disagree with this as I carefully placed the lighting this time around haha

Update: I think I'll take some time off this week or two to clear my head from modding haha, its been putting me off a lot of thing, honestly just tired From a lot of things, not blaming anyone though.

Last edited:

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
Really now? Onless others say I personally disagree with this as I carefully placed the lighting this time around haha

Update: I think I'll take some time off this week or two to clear my head from modding haha, its been putting me off a lot of thing, honestly just tired From a lot of things, not blaming anyone though.
Looks good to me dude, it's got good appearance of depth and I wouldn't call it washed out. You could add a similar level of highlight to the front hand and the knuckles of the back hand maybe, but I think it looks good.

Take it easy! No use working when you feel like you're burned out or you'll just end up hating everything you do. Do something just for fun and come back with a clear head!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Same, Lucas looks really good to me! :D Love the color of his eyes, so sad that they got rid of it in Smash 4!
Also, yea dude. I feel like you have so much on your plate right now. I think taking a week or two off sounds great for you! Focus on you for now! Have fun Codex! see you soon!
I'll have already taken over this thread by then. hehehe...

Komon

Smash Rookie
Any chance of you uploading some of the work you have done for this build? I prefer your Hilda recolor to the one available on Brawl Vault and I dig the head band Pikachu without heart chins.

MagicManNo9

Looks good to me dude, it's got good appearance of depth and I wouldn't call it washed out. You could add a similar level of highlight to the front hand and the knuckles of the back hand maybe, but I think it looks good.

Take it easy! No use working when you feel like you're burned out or you'll just end up hating everything you do. Do something just for fun and come back with a clear head!
Thank you! Hearing that really helps and got my spirits back up! As for the idea's on the hand and arm, I shall do exactly that!

Same, Lucas looks really good to me! :D Love the color of his eyes, so sad that they got rid of it in Smash 4!
Also, yea dude. I feel like you have so much on your plate right now. I think taking a week or two off sounds great for you! Focus on you for now! Have fun Codex! see you soon!
I'll have already taken over this thread by then. hehehe...
Thanks! I'm very glad to hear you liked Lucas! I have improved him a bit more with this next update so hopefully you'll like! I have decided to take a weeks break or two just to cool my head down from the workload! (As 500YearOldGrandpa said, I should be having fun with this rather than turn it into something I would dislike, and that's the last thing I would want!) So again thanks!

I also look forward to the take over on the thread when I'm away OHOHOHO

Any chance of you uploading some of the work you have done for this build? I prefer your Hilda recolor to the one available on Brawl Vault and I dig the head band Pikachu without heart chins.
Look forward to this weekend I say! That much I can promise you!

This.

Also, where is your red Yoshi recolor from, I cant place it
I beleive Yoshi is the Mars version? I'll triple check at some point tommorow to make sure!

UPDATE:

Fixed up on a few things, again I'll be taking a break but I wanted to leave a little something for ya all, specially for the Lucas hype: (Also another costume in the mix~)

Lucas:
CSPs

BPs

Notes:
- Gave the Mars Lucas the original hair for consitency reasons
- Ness, Duster, AC and Claus Shirt (Brawl Styled) will be released to the vault soon!
- The Claus Shirt texture is actually from the one Lunoz put on the vault, the face and everything else I added on myself for this brawl style version. (I shall get permission from him before putting that on the vault!)

As Always I hope you enjoy! And stay safe!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

I'm guessing you'll be finishing your Lucas BPs soon?
Oh pickles me diddle, I'll upload the other two BPs in the morning! (Late night and I be replying on my phone in bed sorry!)

Though if people really want the BP asap for some reason then Iirc you resize the CSP to 77 width to match the same size as the BP if anyone does that then thank you! If not
............I'll add tomorrow!

Last edited:

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Yo!
Those Lucas are too good man!
I love the little Mother icons on the shirts its a very nice touch. Villager and Maskman are totally awesome and very clever!

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey codex, where did you find the pac / pcs file for your lucas csp thats wearing a doggy-shirt?

its just so cute to not have :3 and ive been up and down brawl vault with no luck.
if you dont have it no worries :)

MagicManNo9

Yo!
Those Lucas are too good man!
I love the little Mother icons on the shirts its a very nice touch. Villager and Maskman are totally awesome and very clever!
Gotta like Smash 4 for coming up with the ideas! Villager was one of the ideas I had way back when I was thinking what to do for Lucas! Thanks as well!

hey codex, where did you find the pac / pcs file for your lucas csp thats wearing a doggy-shirt?

its just so cute to not have :3 and ive been up and down brawl vault with no luck.
if you dont have it no worries :)
Thanks! As for the Smash 4 Bonny shirt (I whipped that up last night so I'll upload that to the vault during the weekend!)

EDIT: I ADDED THE BPs, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY!

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Thank you! Hearing that really helps and got my spirits back up! As for the idea's on the hand and arm, I shall do exactly that!

Thanks! I'm very glad to hear you liked Lucas! I have improved him a bit more with this next update so hopefully you'll like! I have decided to take a weeks break or two just to cool my head down from the workload! (As 500YearOldGrandpa said, I should be having fun with this rather than turn it into something I would dislike, and that's the last thing I would want!) So again thanks!

I also look forward to the take over on the thread when I'm away OHOHOHO

Look forward to this weekend I say! That much I can promise you!

I beleive Yoshi is the Mars version? I'll triple check at some point tommorow to make sure!

UPDATE:

Fixed up on a few things, again I'll be taking a break but I wanted to leave a little something for ya all, specially for the Lucas hype: (Also another costume in the mix~)

Lucas:
CSPs

BPs

Notes:
- Gave the Mars Lucas the original hair for consitency reasons
- Ness, Duster, AC and Claus Shirt (Brawl Styled) will be released to the vault soon!
- The Claus Shirt texture is actually from the one Lunoz put on the vault, the face and everything else I added on myself for this brawl style version. (I shall get permission from him before putting that on the vault!)

As Always I hope you enjoy! And stay safe!
Dammmnnnn.... Anyways, is mew2 getting his sm4sh pose?

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I thought we've been through this, this isn't a request thread. It takes time for Codex to make CSPs, it's not just something he pushes a button for. Not to mention he also has to worry about quality control and costume slot limits. He's also a little burned out and is taking a small break, as well dealing with some real life stuff. Codex will make this the best it can be so be patient.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Odd question but why does Sonic have green eyes for all portraits? Was that intentional? :happysheep:

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
5th Lucas CSP is missing a BP version. Just thought I'd point that out

MagicManNo9

I don't want to make things awkward so I'm being upfront with something right now

Suffering from Depression, long story short someone I guess was stalking me for a long time and when he had the chance spammed me with hateful horrible comments, this entire time I went without me knowing so now I'm kinda still healing and damaged from all of that, luckily it's all good with my Smash account! But yeah... haha

I might have made things really awkward for people but if people go "Oh where's Codex!" or "Hurry Up!" (Which to be fair you every right to!) that's my current situation haha.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I don't want to make things awkward so I'm being upfront with something right now

Suffering from Depression, long story short someone I guess was stalking me for a long time and when he had the chance spammed me with hateful horrible comments, this entire time I went without me knowing so now I'm kinda still healing and damaged from all of that, luckily it's all good with my Smash account! But yeah... haha

I might have made things really awkward for people but if people go "Oh where's Codex!" or "Hurry Up!" (Which to be fair you every right to!) that's my current situation haha.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 **** the haters, anyone who thinks they're great by throwing insults over the internet is really just not worth the time. And can leave. Take your time to figure out stuff, we'll still be here!!

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

Don't even bother with those morons Codex, you're doing a great thing here that is appreciated by the community.Half the people wish they could fix stuff and make textures and renders like you do. Always remember that the haters are the minority and that your fans are the majority :b:

BoomBoxEMusic

Smash Apprentice
@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 this is the best mod I have seen in all PM 3.5 I like can't wait to see try it I love it please upload as soon as possible
awesome work you have done here

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538

What the heck?!?! HOW CAN YOU SPAM HATE COMMENTS AT THIS LOVABLE PERSON!? Well, I don't believe have a right to say hurry up because you have no obligation to us, I am glad you check in every so often. It's good to know how one of my favorite modders is doing, (especially if they need support)! :p Codex, you are sweet, awesome, and so polite, don't ever hate yourself! I understand the wall it feels like, but you can get through it. I hope you feel much better in the future and I hope who ever this person is, leaves you alone. <3 You da bomb Codex!

Last edited:

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864

That's just one person, and he's far outnumbered by the people who believe in you and respect you.
Like us. :3

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Um, no they don't. Some people need to wait, this stuff takes a lot of time.

As for someone sending hateful comments and stalking you? They needa get off the Internet for a while and rethink their priorities. You're a good person, Codex. You do good work. They're not worth the attention or your depression.

Um, no they don't. Some people need to wait, this stuff takes a lot of time.

As for someone sending hateful comments and stalking you? They needa get off the Internet for a while and rethink their priorities. You're a good person, Codex. You do good work. They're not worth the attention or your depression.
Normally I wouldn't bother with all this reassurance stuff, but take it from me, I'm an old timer (jk lol I'm 27). People that do this are often jealous of you and want to bring you down a peg so they can feel better baout themselves. Its pitiful, but its how some people are.

You'll encounter people like this all your life, but if you let how they feel about you (which is ridiculous to begin with, nobody on the internet actually knows who you are) dictate how you feel about yourself, you'll never go anywhere on your own two feet. Being overly sensitive to the opinions of others is the short-stop to accomplishing nothing. How people feel about you is very often none of your business and has everything to do with how they feel about themselves. Its cliche, but do you. Only you ever know what you need from this life.

MagicManNo9

Wanted to say thanks everyone for the comments, getting much better and it's all going well on this end! Can't really say much but everyone's comment means a lot but I won't let something so small effect me, I'll pull through this!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
NOW IS NOT THE TIME HEDGIE!! XD jk, but seriously, he's on break, and there is no need to repeat this. Codex most likely saw your comment, so just wait and relax until he comes back.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
NOW IS NOT THE TIME HEDGIE!! XD jk, but seriously, he's on break, and there is no need to repeat this. Codex most likely saw your comment, so just wait and relax until he comes back.
No rush c; I accidentally replied to my own comment instead of editing. #CantMultitask My bad :happysheep:

EDIT: I just noticed that's it only missing on the main page. The Lucas post on Page 32 has the missing BPs present. My apologies :sadsheep:

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

About to head out to work today but I wanted to leave something behind since it's been a while:

Firstly, this be for when 3.6 comes around, and with the assumption that CBliss isn't out anytime soon (Because I know ya all been waiting for a while!) and let's play a little guessing game on what's hugely different with these CSPs and maybe notice a couple of new things/additional stuff I'll go into when I get back!

MARIO:

Tourney Safe CSPs:

If I see opportunities to keep trying to improve, I'll always ALWAYS take that chance! Back later!

Last edited:
Top Bottom