• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Oooh, very nice. I'm personally looking into restarting my CSP work myself with 3.5 out. Going to need to work on finding good techniques to improve my own.

I'll definitely be using some of these in my personal build.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Speaking of doing my best I've been on the Smash3 team working with some fantastic people, well, everyone on that team are fantastic in my books haha, in any case in the rendering department I return from training in the mountains, Mt Taiko I call it, here's a picture of it:

Mt. Taiko confirmed for Summit replacement!

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Oooh, very nice. I'm personally looking into restarting my CSP work myself with 3.5 out. Going to need to work on finding good techniques to improve my own.

I'll definitely be using some of these in my personal build.
Thanks! Good to see you back again and keep up the CSP work!

Mt. Taiko confirmed for Summit replacement!
Oh wow, how did this not click in my head, Mt Taiko confirmed for 3.5!

kenny77

Smash Rookie
I kind of wish Yoshi had newer colors or an outfit. for the new 3.5 build. He always had the same colors while everybody else got different new colors in bros. And i know the orange, black, white, and purple yoshi are new for project m, but there the same you see on like yoshi island games/yoshi story. Still i cant wait to try 3.5, and then ur build when it comes out!! :3 just dont stress yourself codex! we dont want you sick again!

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
When can we expect a build of 3.5 with just the costumes and csps? I'm really looking forward to having the most awesome 3.5 ever! :)

Also, once you're done with all the big release stuff keeping you busy, would it be too much trouble to ask for a render of a super mario sunshine csp in your style if I supply the model? I would LOVE to have sunshine mario as one of mario's alts in my build

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

I kind of wish Yoshi had newer colors or an outfit. for the new 3.5 build. He always had the same colors while everybody else got different new colors in bros. And i know the orange, black, white, and purple yoshi are new for project m, but there the same you see on like yoshi island games/yoshi story. Still i cant wait to try 3.5, and then ur build when it comes out!! :3 just dont stress yourself codex! we dont want you sick again!
I can always do alternate optional colors if it came to it! Though that said I know what you mean, the only one so far in the current build I have is Pirate Yoshi so far~ Also thanks! Much MUCH better now and even more so reading the comments here! The build will be going through some serious revamps with 3.5 out, been looking into it the past three days or so and so far it's really great update from 3.0, liking a few of the changes here and there!

When can we expect a build of 3.5 with just the costumes and csps? I'm really looking forward to having the most awesome 3.5 ever! :)

Also, once you're done with all the big release stuff keeping you busy, would it be too much trouble to ask for a render of a super mario sunshine csp in your style if I supply the model? I would LOVE to have sunshine mario as one of mario's alts in my build
That's a good question because I'm still unsure how long it'll take, I'll give it two weeks or less! I'll look into Mario Sunshine CSP over the couple of days!

Congratulations on making the best Project M build ever developed!
Oh wow thank you! Having to rework it but it'll be as best as I can make it be!

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
For the 3.5 version, I would recommend keeping Mega Lucario and Synthetic Lucario (of course, find a place for the new costume and recolor. Perhaps they could go over slot 7 and 8).

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Stil Waiting on Codexes Build cuz sad to see PMDT didnt make any new CPS model looks which is what i thought then the dull Brawl lookin ones but yea anyways hope everyones having fun with PM3.5 ether way.

MagicManNo9

For the 3.5 version, I would recommend keeping Mega Lucario and Synthetic Lucario (of course, find a place for the new costume and recolor. Perhaps they could go over slot 7 and 8).
Oh I plan to do so funny enough, so it's all good on that end of the things with Lucario.

Stil Waiting on Codexes Build cuz sad to see PMDT didnt make any new CPS model looks which is what i thought then the dull Brawl lookin ones but yea anyways hope everyones having fun with PM3.5 ether way.
A couple of their CSP's are nice like Marth and Pit (Mainly cause it blends and is consistent) But the ones for Charizard Armour and DK, whilst is really nice to look at, it's really out of place because it's a different style and the size is different and such, but yeah 3.5 is pretty fun so far!

Here's an update on Ganon, better lighting and using the 3.5 Melee Ganon as well, had to tweek the pose a tiny bit but here's the comparison (Old one is on left, new one is on right):

I want to give some form of update every time I reply, even if it's little! Hope you like!

EDIT:

Also to add BP's as well:

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Oh I plan to do so funny enough, so it's all good on that end of the things with Lucario.

A couple of their CSP's are nice like Marth and Pit (Mainly cause it blends and is consistent) But the ones for Charizard Armour and DK, whilst is really nice to look at, it's really out of place because it's a different style and the size is different and such, but yeah 3.5 is pretty fun so far!

Here's an update on Ganon, better lighting and using the 3.5 Melee Ganon as well, had to tweek the pose a tiny bit but here's the comparison (Old one is on left, new one is on right):

I want to give some form of update every time I reply, even if it's little! Hope you like!

EDIT:

Also to add BP's as well:

Looks great!! Can't wait for the release!

kenny77

Smash Rookie
yeah 3.5 is really good!!! loving the costumes and the couple of new stages! its great. its just a huge gameplay change. they made it alot faster! Hey codex, when ur planning on stages, PLEASE dont take away that hannebow stage (the one green stage that makes music). its my favorite now!!! and im so glad ur doing well. Just be careful to not over work ur self, and i cant wait what u plan on for optional costumes for yoshi, because his outfits has always been plain :/ which remainder characters u have left? and how will u do "my music" tracklist by chance? sorry this is long lol

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
THANK YOU for including the purple/white melee dorf from 3.5, its such a killer costume I was really hoping you would keep it in your build. :D

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
Last edited:

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
The addon system is great, but please do keep a normal release for us folks who play on Dolphin, Codex. Keep up the great work!

MagicManNo9

Looks great!! Can't wait for the release!
Thanks!

THANK YOU for including the purple/white melee dorf from 3.5, its such a killer costume I was really hoping you would keep it in your build. :D
Thanks and no problem! I have a lot more in store so look forward to it!

Don't take away the Ice map. The wavedashes are real!
I shall be keeping the Ice map! Or well this release will contain all the stages until someone gets Stage Expansion working.

Okay so I've got a suggestion for you codex, instead of making this a build make it an add on.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2momq0/project_m_addon_system_what_it_is_and_why_you/
This is the coolest feature of the Launcher allows you to install peoples builds (Hereby called add ons) to your game and you can switch back and forth between vanilla and the persons add on without going on the Computer!
Ohhhh that certainly is an interesting take on it, I'll look into it more when I can!

The addon system is great, but please do keep a normal release for us folks who play on Dolphin, Codex. Keep up the great work!
I'll be sure to look into a Dolphin release as well so don't you worry!

Which colors are you getting rid of for Lucario, so you can use his new alt costume?
If things are going the way I think they are I'll be keeping all of Lucario's colors and won't be taking anything out!

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Thanks!

Thanks and no problem! I have a lot more in store so look forward to it!

I shall be keeping the Ice map! Or well this release will contain all the stages until someone gets Stage Expansion working.

Ohhhh that certainly is an interesting take on it, I'll look into it more when I can!

I'll be sure to look into a Dolphin release as well so don't you worry!

If things are going the way I think they are I'll be keeping all of Lucario's colors and won't be taking anything out!
Oh thank Gob.

MagicManNo9

Mini-Update:

Just a heads up, I'm actually waiting in for a few updates to be released on certain things before I can progress with my build, though that said I have done things here and there to make the time in between the wait. (I know that sounds vague but please understand!)

Quick update on Link, I updated the lighting and changed the pose for OOT Link, mainly because I didn't like the old one all that much:

BPs as well:

Updates may seem small but do expect some big changes in the future in terms of plans on what I want to do!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
After playing Project M again after the update ... man I forgot how much different it is from Smash 4! Anyway, the reason I mention that is I forgot how kinda ... boring? .... the portraits are. Maybe it is the art style is not as appealing as the new style. When I relook at your portraits and such, I like them a lot! Looking forward to you finishing your build!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Mini-Update:

Just a heads up, I'm actually waiting in for a few updates to be released on certain things before I can progress with my build, though that said I have done things here and there to make the time in between the wait. (I know that sounds vague but please understand!)

Quick update on Link, I updated the lighting and changed the pose for OOT Link, mainly because I didn't like the old one all that much:

BPs as well:

Updates may seem small but do expect some big changes in the future in terms of plans on what I want to do!
Is Purple Link having lighter hair intentional or is that an oversight? Besides that, I like what I see.

MagicManNo9

After playing Project M again after the update ... man I forgot how much different it is from Smash 4! Anyway, the reason I mention that is I forgot how kinda ... boring? .... the portraits are. Maybe it is the art style is not as appealing as the new style. When I relook at your portraits and such, I like them a lot! Looking forward to you finishing your build!
Thanks! I know what you mean, whenever I look at the old portraits I tend to get put off due to how inconstant they are I wanted to make sure I fix that! Will keep doing my best!

Is Purple Link having lighter hair intentional or is that an oversight? Besides that, I like what I see.
Oh wow well spotted, I'll fix that next time around for certain!

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
This build is making me more hype to play 3.5 then ever before! Cant wait to see it released it its entirely.
Keep it up, Codex!

I do wonder about Link having 3 costumes that are green. It seems a bit off to me. I bit to saturated in a way.
Maybe replace the HW Link with FD Link to break up the green-themed clutter? Maybe replacing TP Link with HW Link? Including recolors and such/ Hell, I'll do the recolors for you if you decided to go for it.
Regardless, I cant wait to download this.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Keep up Da Good work Codex cant wait till it all drops i understand ur busy i just wanns keep updated btw how many of u are having fun with Sm4sh so far?

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
I love your csps codex and I'm glad to see you recovered from your cold. But I got an amazing idea. I love taiko's smash 3 project and I love ur csps,but I always thought ur csps need more quality. Maybe a (Smash 3 X Codex Renders) colaboration would be nice.

Last edited:

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Is there any chance we could get a preview of the updated char select screen? I'm drooling just thinking about it

MagicManNo9

This build is making me more hype to play 3.5 then ever before! Cant wait to see it released it its entirely.
Keep it up, Codex!

I do wonder about Link having 3 costumes that are green. It seems a bit off to me. I bit to saturated in a way.
Maybe replace the HW Link with FD Link to break up the green-themed clutter? Maybe replacing TP Link with HW Link? Including recolors and such/ Hell, I'll do the recolors for you if you decided to go for it.
Regardless, I cant wait to download this.
Thanks! (Shame I'm just waiting in for the brawl vault which has halt my plans right now) I actually have plans to balance the costumes out funny enough so that the three greens won't seem all that out of place, (this sounds vauge I know but belive me when vault is back up and something comes out I'll be able to explain in better detail) Though that said, I do plan to add FD link as well!

Keep up Da Good work Codex cant wait till it all drops i understand ur busy i just wanns keep updated btw how many of u are having fun with Sm4sh so far?
Thanks as always! Sadly the vault being down has halted my current plans hence the lack of updates sadly, also since I live in the UK I don't get Smash (As well as Pokémon ORAS) until the 28th, which is soooooo close right now I can almost taste it ;-;

I love your csps codex and I'm glad to see you recovered from your cold. But I got an amazing idea. I love taiko's smash 3 project and I love ur csps,but I always thought ur csps need more quality. Maybe a (Smash 3 X Codex Renders) colaboration would be nice.
I'm actually part of the Smash3 team funny enough, so technically over on that end that has happened haha! One of the things though I would bring up is that the level of detail that goes into the Smash3 renders are sooo much more detailed than my own level of stuff I personally think, another reason is that the textures used in the Smash3 renders are of higher quality and with the addition of specs and many other effects added in, take into account the visual aspects of the characters and overall Smash3 textures/models look better rendered than the average Brawl model. Though I'm really glad to hear that thanks!

Is there any chance we could get a preview of the updated char select screen? I'm drooling just thinking about it
Soon in a week or two! Waiting in for the vault and other things to come by before I can get to releasing an updated preview of the character select screen!

MagicManNo9

It's baaaaaack...
Sort of, it's back down again so I'm unable to do anything.

So, do you have an estimate when the build will release?
I would have a clear idea if the vault decided to work again haha, I'm also waiting in for a few things to be released so I can continue because there's an upcoming update for CBliss that I was hoping to surprise people with as I found out the next update will:

Allow 14 Costumes for all characters apparently
That and I can imagine there are going to be more mods coming out on the vault considering how long it's been.

Last edited:

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
Allow 14 Costumes for all characters apparently
That and I can imagine there are going to be more mods coming out on the vault considering how long it's been.
That would be absolutely amazing for this build!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

That would be absolutely amazing for this build!
Thanks! IF it's true I will be using it, and IF it's true here's a couple of examples of what's to come (I say If a lot because I can't 100% confirm this to be true until it's out):

Mario:

CSP's:

BP's:

Captain Falcon:

CSP's:

BP's:

Updating CSPs with better lighting, having to rethink and even make costumes (Simple recolours like 2 of the Smash4 Falcon ones you see above) and potentially waiting for an update on 3.5? (Justin Baily costume etc) there's a lot of stuff right now I'm waiting for and I'm unclear of the situation until it's out so I must apologize to everyone eagerly waiting for the update! In any case I want to hear everyone's thoughts and whatnot so be honest to anyone who wants to ask and throw a question!

Last edited:

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
No problem man, take your time you're doing a great job!

BTW Kitty Corp works for me at the moment.

MagicManNo9

No problem man, take your time you're doing a great job!

BTW Kitty Corp works for me at the moment.
Thanks! Means a lot to me everyone here is awesome all around! Vault isn't loading for me, it lags so slow it can't open a single page for me.

Great work Codex, keep it coming! Kitty Corp also works for me.
Thanks! I'll do my best! Vault is impossibly slow for me for some reason ;-;

Here's Ike's update (again with the assumption that 14 costumes is going to be a thing, if not... thennnn it'll get awkward) In any case here he is:

CSPs:

BPs:

Better lighting more or less and added 3.5's Hector's Armour costumes, lucky thing about the 14 costumes thing is that I can work around the alternate team colors this way so it makes it much easier to work with.

Top Bottom