• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Wow I am curious how that Ancient Minister costume works since his body looks ... engulfed in that outfit. All looks good as usual!

BravoGangUS

Smash Rookie
Yay for finally getting to ROB (one of my favorites in PM) :D
The Ancient Minister alt costume looks really out of place though. Maybe an Ancient Minister color alt would fit better?

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
This is super awesome holy geez. Will you be making a 3.5 version with 3.5 alts when 3.5 is released?

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Been a while since I last checked on this and I must say, this is looking better than ever.

Kind of bummed that Marth doesn't have his black and white Sm4sh alts. Maybe add them in as optional?

Last edited:

ZSel

Smash Rookie
Just discovered that thread and it looks awesome ! Awesome work !
I almost read everything and I'm from the ones that could get hyped for a lucina model too ^^
Also do you think it'd be possible to add a "more feminine" skin of sheik ? I don't really know why but some people do think sheik is a male sometimes and I guess I could understand them with smash bros version that aren't that much feminine oriented.
To give you an example of what I've in mind is the one from "hyrule warrior"
that I personally love.
Well of course don't feel any pressure about that as I imagine you're pertty busy ^^ Just tell me what you think about it.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
For Olimar, you could use the Black skin from Smash 3, the one based on the president.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
OH MY GOD THOSE ROB RENDERS ARE GLORIOUS. I flipped when I saw the wii ROB, and I've always wanted the magister as an alt costume. Perfect Codex, I love it.

Also, are we going to get an updated character select screen once you've finished showing off all the csps? I'm looking forward to that more than anything.
Thanks! And you definatly will be getting an updated character select screen! I can assure you that! (It's shaping up really nicely with the CSP and CSS!)

ROB IS AMAZING!!!
I love Wii ROB

Still trying to picture how ancient minister will look in a match. The only things that concern me are how the F-air, Down-B, Side -B, Tilt attacks/Jab attack, Dash attack, and Grabs will look.

If you don't mind and if you are able to, could please post a pic of ancient minister alt in game, particularly doing any one of the moves above.
Ohhh, Ancient minister might have some issues, that being he has invisible arms so the range is well... invisible so I might have to switch him out and replace with an alternative version!

Sounds like the Build is almost Done....... I CANT FAKIN WAIT XD for it to Drop!!! :bluejump:Man Oh man
also i do understand ROB is hard to work with lol i think his alts shoulda ended at the Wii Version of ROB

P.S ROB is my 2nd most Hated Char in Smash history btw lol.:smash:
Thanks! Will do my best with it all!

Wow I am curious how that Ancient Minister costume works since his body looks ... engulfed in that outfit. All looks good as usual!
Invincible arms but still some attacks show them haha, but in any case thanks! I'll have to switch him out now I think about it!

Can't wait!
Thanks!

Yay for finally getting to ROB (one of my favorites in PM) :D
The Ancient Minister alt costume looks really out of place though. Maybe an Ancient Minister color alt would fit better?
You know, that really gets me wanting to make the costume, I think I will do that! Really good idea for what I was considering to replace with!

Thats actually a pretty good idea.
Agreed!

This is super awesome holy geez. Will you be making a 3.5 version with 3.5 alts when 3.5 is released?
Thanks! And Yup! 3.5 version of this will happen once everything comes out (By that I mean making sure things like CBliss and stage expansion works on it etc) hopefully it shall!

Been a while since I last checked on this and I must say, this is looking better than ever.

Kind of bummed that Marth doesn't have his black and white Sm4sh alts. Maybe add them in as optional?
Thanks! So much has changed since I first started! I plan to add Alts in a alternate CSP Pack so those that want specific sets can DL that to use, it's something planned for after the first release me thinks!

Just discovered that thread and it looks awesome ! Awesome work !
I almost read everything and I'm from the ones that could get hyped for a lucina model too ^^
Also do you think it'd be possible to add a "more feminine" skin of sheik ? I don't really know why but some people do think sheik is a male sometimes and I guess I could understand them with smash bros version that aren't that much feminine oriented.
To give you an example of what I've in mind is the one from "hyrule warrior"
that I personally love.
Well of course don't feel any pressure about that as I imagine you're pertty busy ^^ Just tell me what you think about it.
There's actually a Lucina model being worked funny enough, looking forward to that model's release because it's looking fantastic (I'd link a picture but Vault is still down for some reason) as for Hyrule Sheik I actually plan to work on her model in the future after I get the first release (I'm so in the mood for modeling and such right now but I must restrain myself and focus on the build ;-;) But alas it's something I'm 100% going to do!

For Olimar, you could use the Black skin from Smash 3, the one based on the president.
I could do that, I plan to do alt colors for him based on Pikmin 2 and 3~

UPDATE FIX:
I call it an update fix because I did work on Wario 2 times before, however the 2nd time had way too many issues I couldn't forgive myself for leaving him like that so I fixed him up again with better posing and various fixes:

Wario:
Render:
As you can see in the render, his right arm is twisted into infinity and beyond like last time haha, this time I really tried to get it close to the Smash 3DS pose, that said, I noticed that Wario in the new smash game is actually full of muscle whereas this Wario is a tad bit fat, that and his perfect white teeth... anyway!

Costumes + CSP:

Here's the old version from:

Before:
After:

Been working hard on the final stages of this build, which is more of putting the leftover pieces together hence why a lack of updates (That and Smashboards as well as the vault was down haha, I should still be able to now that Smashboards is back up) as well as working hard on many projects, Smash3 being one of them~ In any case, the first release is coming up soon with character costumes, the plan is:

Get first release done, which will act as a test release (Just to make sure all costumes are working and whatnot and if some aren't/causing glitches and need changes, I shall work on them and update the pack) and repeat whilst at the same time work on the second build which is the stage expansion build and so forth, that's the plan so far in any case!

(27 mins and 23 seconds, for some reason I timed how long it takes me to reply haha so that was quite interesting to see!)

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
Thanks! And you definatly will be getting an updated character select screen! I can assure you that! (It's shaping up really nicely with the CSP and CSS!)

Ohhh, Ancient minister might have some issues, that being he has invisible arms so the range is well... invisible so I might have to switch him out and replace with an alternative version!

Thanks! Will do my best with it all!

Invincible arms but still some attacks show them haha, but in any case thanks! I'll have to switch him out now I think about it!

Thanks!

You know, that really gets me wanting to make the costume, I think I will do that! Really good idea for what I was considering to replace with!

Agreed!

Thanks! And Yup! 3.5 version of this will happen once everything comes out (By that I mean making sure things like CBliss and stage expansion works on it etc) hopefully it shall!

Thanks! So much has changed since I first started! I plan to add Alts in a alternate CSP Pack so those that want specific sets can DL that to use, it's something planned for after the first release me thinks!

There's actually a Lucina model being worked funny enough, looking forward to that model's release because it's looking fantastic (I'd link a picture but Vault is still down for some reason) as for Hyrule Sheik I actually plan to work on her model in the future after I get the first release (I'm so in the mood for modeling and such right now but I must restrain myself and focus on the build ;-;) But alas it's something I'm 100% going to do!

I could do that, I plan to do alt colors for him based on Pikmin 2 and 3~

UPDATE FIX:
I call it an update fix because I did work on Wario 2 times before, however the 2nd time had way too many issues I couldn't forgive myself for leaving him like that so I fixed him up again with better posing and various fixes:

Wario:
Render:
As you can see in the render, his right arm is twisted into infinity and beyond like last time haha, this time I really tried to get it close to the Smash 3DS pose, that said, I noticed that Wario in the new smash game is actually full of muscle whereas this Wario is a tad bit fat, that and his perfect white teeth... anyway!

Costumes + CSP:

Here's the old version from:

Before:
After:

Been working hard on the final stages of this build, which is more of putting the leftover pieces together hence why a lack of updates (That and Smashboards as well as the vault was down haha, I should still be able to now that Smashboards is back up) as well as working hard on many projects, Smash3 being one of them~ In any case, the first release is coming up soon with character costumes, the plan is:

Get first release done, which will act as a test release (Just to make sure all costumes are working and whatnot and if some aren't/causing glitches and need changes, I shall work on them and update the pack) and repeat whilst at the same time work on the second build which is the stage expansion build and so forth, that's the plan so far in any case!

(27 mins and 23 seconds, for some reason I timed how long it takes me to reply haha so that was quite interesting to see!)
Do you have an estimated release date of the test build?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Also I would appreciate a version without the added custom stages, assuming you're using the somewhat shoddy stage expansion code.
And, I find it weird how you gave Luigi two red colors, but neither are the original swaggin' pink, and that you chose a few odd costumes instead of ones you'd expect (Ice Mario instead of Sunshine Mario, Light Blue Lucario instead of the original color or black color Synth Lucario, and Maskless Meta Knight instead of Dark Meta Kngiht)
But anyway, my general pickieness aside, great work!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Most likely the end of next week! I'll try to pump it out by then!

Also I would appreciate a version without the added custom stages, assuming you're using the somewhat shoddy stage expansion code.
And, I find it weird how you gave Luigi two red colors, but neither are the original swaggin' pink, and that you chose a few odd costumes instead of ones you'd expect (Ice Mario instead of Sunshine Mario, Light Blue Lucario instead of the original color or black color Synth Lucario, and Maskless Meta Knight instead of Dark Meta Kngiht)
But anyway, my general pickieness aside, great work!
Thanks! The idea is that I'll be doing CSP packs because I know some costumes people would want to switch out here and there!

just a question: are you going to be inserting custom music for the Codex Build?
Custom music will be released seperatly, making them optional, the idea is that there will be two music packs, the first being the default pack with different kinds of music and a second one being a Smash 3DS OST pack, with music from there! Giving people more of a choice in that area is the aim.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
TEST BUILD?? o.O OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN
ALSO IM SUPER HYPE FOR 3.5 it looks LIKE SEX !

MagicManNo9

What will the test build contain?
Test build will contain costumes so far! And whilst that is out I'll be working on the stages, during that time if anyone notices any issues I can fix them alongside that as I do so.

TEST BUILD?? o.O OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN WEN
ALSO IM SUPER HYPE FOR 3.5 it looks LIKE SEX !
Saw that Temple for 3.5! It's pretty God Damn hype indeed!

Will the test build work with the Japanese project M version?
I've never used the Japanese version so I'm not sure, but at some point I can get that working on there in the future hopefully!

Tibolegends

Smash Rookie
You know that with stage expansion & new sounds, this build is gonna be THE build for PM.Since we all gonna play ssb4 in a few weeks, we will definitly go back to SSBB after a few months of playing (cause you know,we all gonna miss PM gameplay).
And I believe that YOUR build is gonna be (when fully completed), THE build we ‘ll all be looking for. The build we will need to play ssbb.Don’t give up!

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Actually, when you release, you should include a codelist of every code you added. Would be helpful. EDIT: Also a Brawl minus version of it with Pichu would also be appreciated, just the costumes though.

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Wait. What? Why would you care about Mewtwo? PM already has that.
Well that is Tru
its only because im interested in How mewtwo is gonna play ether hes gonna be like his Melee
or Sakurai gonna give a new moveset & i predict his FS with be his Mega form or a big Shadow blast...

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Well that is Tru
its only because im interested in How mewtwo is gonna play ether hes gonna be like his Melee
or Sakurai gonna give a new moveset & i predict his FS with be his Mega form or a big Shadow blast...
Probs mega

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

(Was out the whole day shopping so late update is late!)

I just wanted to double check and point out the current status of the build, I'm working/cleaning up on all characters so far, not only that fixing up on costumes and glitches, so far I can 100% confirm that it's all working on the Wii and no crashes, aside from ones that are caused on my end (Old memory sticks and such) will test on Dolphin at a later date, I'm still using old dolphin haha.

You know that with stage expansion & new sounds, this build is gonna be THE build for PM.Since we all gonna play ssb4 in a few weeks, we will definitly go back to SSBB after a few months of playing (cause you know,we all gonna miss PM gameplay).
And I believe that YOUR build is gonna be (when fully completed), THE build we ‘ll all be looking for. The build we will need to play ssbb.Don’t give up!
Thanks! I certainly hope so! Will do a 3.5 version when that comes around, been out and about the last few days so hoping to get myself back in gear! I plan to do the next updated with the remaining characters so that's why it's been quiet on this thread! (Gotta get ready for that release~)

Actually, when you release, you should include a codelist of every code you added. Would be helpful. EDIT: Also a Brawl minus version of it with Pichu would also be appreciated, just the costumes though.
I probably won't be doing a Brawl Minus version, mainly due to the time it takes for me to work on this, I'm also doing things for Smash3 so it would take a lot out of me if I did a brawl version, minus and so forth, specially with the current plans at hand, Though I will release a code list at some point, just gotta get everything organised firsthand!

The ONLY 2 things i care bout Smash 4 is Mewtwo & 8 Player Matches other den dat Project M is were its AT.
I really do like Smash4 so much, specially the Wii U incoming, that's got me so hyped it's not even silly, I like PM still though I treat that and Smash4 as two different things so that way I enjoy both without the PM v Smash4 stuff I've noticed going around all over Smash related boards.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
UPDATE:

(Was out the whole day shopping so late update is late!)

I just wanted to double check and point out the current status of the build, I'm working/cleaning up on all characters so far, not only that fixing up on costumes and glitches, so far I can 100% confirm that it's all working on the Wii and no crashes, aside from ones that are caused on my end (Old memory sticks and such) will test on Dolphin at a later date, I'm still using old dolphin haha.

Thanks! I certainly hope so! Will do a 3.5 version when that comes around, been out and about the last few days so hoping to get myself back in gear! I plan to do the next updated with the remaining characters so that's why it's been quiet on this thread! (Gotta get ready for that release~)

I probably won't be doing a Brawl Minus version, mainly due to the time it takes for me to work on this, I'm also doing things for Smash3 so it would take a lot out of me if I did a brawl version, minus and so forth, specially with the current plans at hand, Though I will release a code list at some point, just gotta get everything organised firsthand!

I really do like Smash4 so much, specially the Wii U incoming, that's got me so hyped it's not even silly, I like PM still though I treat that and Smash4 as two different things so that way I enjoy both without the PM v Smash4 stuff I've noticed going around all over Smash related boards.

imma try & see if Smash 4 is competive (crosses fingers i hope so)
& yea well see after Nov 21st hits but by dat time ur build is prob gonna be fully out or just the beta version or even PM 3.5
but at this point who knows?? only time till tell.....

PM Mains: :falco::marth::sonic:
Sm4sh Mains: :4sonic::4pacman::4sheik:

MagicManNo9

imma try & see if Smash 4 is competive (crosses fingers i hope so)
& yea well see after Nov 21st hits but by dat time ur build is prob gonna be fully out or just the beta version or even PM 3.5
but at this point who knows?? only time till tell.....

PM Mains: :falco::marth::sonic:
Sm4sh Mains: :4sonic::4pacman::4sheik:
They hinted somewhere that they 'reveal the meaning behind #47' before the end of the year so I'm actually speculating that 3.5 will be out before the Wii U version, I could be totally off though but like you said, only time will tell!

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
They hinted somewhere that they 'reveal the meaning behind #47' before the end of the year so I'm actually speculating that 3.5 will be out before the Wii U version, I could be totally off though but like you said, only time will tell!
Hope it's before Wii U version

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
This is amazing! I love it that you made HD csps for the project m alts can u do melee zelda and sheik?
He'll do a 3.5 version with the alts when 3.5 is available and he's sure that CBliss and Stage Expansion works with 3.5

Last edited:

LabgrinderPM

Smash Rookie
Ok so i made a profile just to tell you that I am beyond stoked, I love what you're doing with this. I've be looking for a pack for a while now that didn't have ridiculous texture hacks that made the character completely and you are nailing it!!! Keep up the good work, can't wait for it to drop! :bluejump:

MarillMau5

Smash Rookie
Im really impressed with the quality of work here! I've enjoyed other packs before and thought they were fun but its not nintendo enough. Your build alone blows away any dlc from any game that I've seen. Very professional! I would like to show support, can you open up a donation link and maybe we can expedite your completion of this project! ;) Also is there a demo or dl out already?

Last edited:

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
Beta Build? THE HYPE IS REAL! My school is doing another tourney our last one was on the 17th so hopefully I'll be able to use this build for it :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom