• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Project M Captain Falcon Guide

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Do you have nothing better to do?
Honestly the purpose was for newer players.... if your so *pro* then leave my guide alone and stop trolling other peoples guides.....
No I didn't go into details of DI. yes i know how DI works... no need to explain (once again a waste of time... something you seem to have to much of)
If I'm getting positive feedback from others than it did its job so please just shut up and leave it.... find something better to do.

Goatz

Smash Rookie
Just Ignore Leekslap he seems to be alone on that opinion. I agree he probably has to much time on his hands..
Good job!

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Do you have nothing better to do?
Honestly the purpose was for newer players.... if your so *pro* then leave my guide alone and stop trolling other peoples guides.....
No I didn't go into details of DI. yes i know how DI works... no need to explain (once again a waste of time... something you seem to have to much of)
If I'm getting positive feedback from others than it did its job so please just shut up and leave it.... find something better to do.
Wow... I was just trying to help, but you can keep being ignorant if you want to. You ****ing scrubs.

Morph86

Smash Rookie
This is not ignorance. We are fully aware of things such as the gentleman and DI, but felt that it was not 100% necessary to put in a purely beginner Falcon guide. If people who watch this can't even short hop yet why should they get confused with advanced movement.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
This is not ignorance. We are fully aware of things such as the gentleman and DI, but felt that it was not 100% necessary to put in a purely beginner Falcon guide. If people who watch this can't even short hop yet why should they get confused with advanced movement.
Because both are extremely important to Falcon. You can bridge the gap from beginner to expert if you go over everything, and are a good teacher. They aren't even that complicated. To gentleman, you just tap the first two jabs really fast and slow down on the third hit to not activate the rapid punch thing and voila! You can gentleman. It also would have been better to go over the moves individually to explain their uses too. You did sort of do that, but since you didn't check frame data, you said down tilt was amazing whereas a more educated person would say it's good for combos and ranged but slow. Falcon's bread and butter moves are knee, stomp, nair, up air, bair, gentleman, up throw, and down throw. You can literally only use those moves and win. Moonwalking and pivoting are advanced, but dash dancing is not, and you should've gone over that better. To explain dash dancing well, you need to know about spacing and mindgames. Spacing is not just hitting with the tip of your moves and range is not just how big a hitbox is. Mindgames is basically messing with your opponent's head. I already wrote a wall of text on this here: http://smashboards.com/threads/toon-link-guide.374955/ and for spacing, "sunny!" made a pretty godlike post here: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-practice-spacing-other-fundamentals.376149/
Advanced guides are guides that have hard unneccasary techs( like moonwalking ), situational stuff but godlike in those situations ( like walljumps ), and little things a move can do or a combo that'll work in certain percentages with certain DI ( like stomp to falcon punch on spacies at 70-80% if they don't DI AT ALL [ unless you can do the turn around falcon punch which is pretty easy to do honestly ] ). Beginner guides are everything you need to play Falcon well and techniques and combos aren't the only thing you need to cover. @ G Goatz I was gonna ignore YOU, but you are clearly a scrub who insults me because you don't know THIS. I am sorry, but I went full on ruthless because he said my review was useless when he was using terrible logic and clearly can't take criticism. Also, I sometimes use scrub and n00b as a deragotary term ( it's better than **** ), and I can criticize things if I want to instead of accepting everything like a little kid.

Last edited:

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Isn't this for PM Falcon? You just press A three times. You make a decent point about spacing and DI is definitely important...people ignore the defensive aspect of the game when teaching new people so you end up with people like me who have **** DI but a decent combo game. I disagree with the importance of mind games though, unless we have differing ideas of what mind games are. People get offended when you call them names so you should probably try to avoid doing so, especially over the internet where intentions can be misunderstood.

I thought the guide was pretty good and wish it was there when I was just starting out. At least Fatality has been here posting vids, his combo game is inspirational lol

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Isn't this for PM Falcon? You just press A three times. You make a decent point about spacing and DI is definitely important...people ignore the defensive aspect of the game when teaching new people so you end up with people like me who have **** DI but a decent combo game. I disagree with the importance of mind games though, unless we have differing ideas of what mind games are. People get offended when you call them names so you should probably try to avoid doing so, especially over the internet where intentions can be misunderstood.

I thought the guide was pretty good and wish it was there when I was just starting out. At least Fatality has been here posting vids, his combo game is inspirational lol
PM and Melee have the same concepts and fundementals. You can't be good with Falcon if you don't have good mindgames and reads. He's practically designed for it with dat big dash dance and knee. With 3.0 Mario, not really, but with Falcon, its not theoritically possible especially with his homie Ganon. Falcon's barely changed, and you could have gone to the Melee forums and read the ****ing Bible ( made by Scar btw ) and ask the son of god himself, Mango, anything you want. I'm agnostic btw if people are gonna get all Bible is fairy tales on me. But then again people are also gonna get you are going to hell on me. Eh whatever I don't care anymore. It's never gonna end so there's really no point. Plus people get VERY mean during religous argumemts. Just check the comment section on YouTube.

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Uh I meant that gentleman is no longer a tech in PM like in melee. You just hit A three times. And you can tech chase on reaction just fine so I dunno what you mean about reads and mindgames being necessary. It's just a more stylish, impressive, and fun way to play so most Falcons play that way since that's why we're drawn to the character in the first place. I don't know what the rest of your post is going on about but you should probably relax a little more before you post (I don't mean that in a mean way but it's kind of strange)

Top Bottom