• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Blog Post #9 - Yoshi's Island: Brawl

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I hope the PMDT fixed the glitch where you can clip though the upper and lower half of the stage. It's only happened to me twice, but as Falco I've phantasmed though the stage.

Narpas_sword

A) His recovery itself looks unchanged.

B) Other/Tether recoveries are nerfed.

C) No collision PKT means recovering high into the stage is a much better option on stages now.

Options getting better? Non-ness options getting worse? Sounds like a buff.
eh.

in my mind a buff is a change that takes a positive and improves it further.

This is a fix to an issue.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
A) His recovery itself looks unchanged.

B) Other/Tether recoveries are nerfed.

C) No collision PKT means recovering high into the stage is a much better option on stages now.

Options getting better? Non-ness options getting worse? Sounds like a buff.
It looks much much slower to me, and I bet they took off the invincibility that it had though out the entire thing.

It's probably going to still have horrible priority like it did in melee where people just f-tilt and kill it

Commander

Smash Ace
I hope the PMDT fixed the glitch where you can clip though the upper and lower half of the stage. It's only happened to me twice, but as Falco I've phantasmed though the stage.
Stage collision as a whole has been improved so things like that shouldn't happen.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Well I just saw the text that said Ness got a buff. I realize it's not that bad now (only on one stage, I really should've read more). I mean personally as a Bowser main in PM Ness disgusts me.
Same, I get disgusted by Ness because people can just spam pk fire over and over. Even in project m u could do it.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Why have I never heard of these support ghosts before, and if they are "game changing," why are they set to appear so often?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love PM, It'll help to calm the wait for Mewtwo until 2015. But seems many people will forget it for some time... anyway, Just an opinion.
Not for the people who like it for the gameplay and mechanics
Sounds like you just care for content

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Why have I never heard of these support ghosts before, and if they are "game changing," why are they set to appear so often?
Uuuuuh they've been on the stage since Brawl... They were "game changing" because they randomly saved people's stocks. Now that they are no longer random, they aren't so "game changing" anymore. Also, the rate at which they appear was actually lowered as well.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Not for the people who like it for the gameplay and mechanics
Sounds like you just care for content
Well that's unfair. As a competitive Smash player, I enjoy PM and Smash 4 for what they are. I like Smash for its competitive features as well, but that doesn't mean I dislike Smash 4 and only enjoy PM.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Same, I get disgusted by Ness because people can just spam pk fire over and over. Even in project m u could do it.
Exactly. Even on lighter characters Ness will always dash attack or most likely grab and then K.O. at nearly 120%. I mean at least he's not invincible unlike..................they're nerfing Lucas right?

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
How will the support ghosts new timed feature change the meta?
It'll allow you to know if you are too far away to recover, or if you can plan on the ghost to come save you. It is a big change because the random ghosts would occasionally just pop up and save stocks, sometimes completely shifting momentum, and changing the outcome of the game for reasons outside of player skill.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
To me :lucas:Lucas is the better Nesss
Lucas and Ness don't even have similar playstyles, so this point is pretty irrelevant. Also, Lucas is getting nerfed this patch. ;D

Exactly. Even on lighter characters Ness will always dash attack or most likely grab and then K.O. at nearly 120%. I mean at least he's not invincible unlike..................they're nerfing Lucas right?
I have a friend that is better than me, and he is a Ness main, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, he isn't killing you with any throw at 120%
You just need to practice your DI. Even his back throw in PM, can be DI'd incredibly easily, and you can survive upwards of 130%/ 140% on even pretty light characters as long as you aren't on the edge of the stage.

Edit: ....sorry, double post. I'll just add to this if I want to reply to more now.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Lucas and Ness don't even have similar playstyles, so this point is pretty irrelevant. Also, Lucas is getting nerfed this patch. ;D

Edit: ....sorry, double post. I'll just add to this if I want to reply to more now.
THANK...........GOD!!!!! Your words come from a great messanger from the gods sir.

Gamer807

Smash Cadet
While I am excited for 3.5, I am much more hype for my c-stick for smash 4

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
This is amazing yoshi island is my second favorite stage. Honestly I'm more excited for PM3.5 then smash4 lol

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Uuuuuh they've been on the stage since Brawl... They were "game changing" because they randomly saved people's stocks. Now that they are no longer random, they aren't so "game changing" anymore. Also, the rate at which they appear was actually lowered as well.
Every 25 seconds sounds extremely excessive if they restore a full stock.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Every 25 seconds sounds extremely excessive if they restore a full stock.
Lol, you are either trolling or genuinely have never paid attention to the ghosts on the stage.

The ghosts are the platforms with faces that randomly popped up on either side of the stage. My friends and I call them "New Randall"

Last edited:

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I need some clarification... Is it only projectile type attacks that go through Shy Guys or could a Luigi misfire go through it as well instead of being stopped by it?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I'm kind of disappointed about the patching of the sliding off the ledge thing; I'd just discovered that recently and was trying to work out applications for it. Oh well, I suppose I can see the reasoning behind the change (not to mention that it probably affects various characters negatively as opposed to just being interesting and useful tech).

D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I'm more exited for PM 3.5 than I am for Smash for Wii U? ._.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I'm excited for Smash Wii U more, but mostly because that's the one I could get my friends to play. PM 3.5 doesn't have a release date yet and is more obscure. Still, SUPER pumped about 3.5.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
I'm very excited for 3.5! Smash4 doesn't look much different to brawl to me thus far. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but the hitstun isnt much more then brawl and so far it appears, based on the 3DS version, that matches consist of the same play style as brawl not PM or melee. I'm slightly doubtful that smash4 will be much more then brawl competitively, and I love brawl it's just not as difficult IMO.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Awesome stuff. I really hope they make it easier to include personal music. I love the songs I put on but it sure is tedious to even them on there. If the feature was simplified then certainly, it would be a massive game changer.

Narpas_sword

Awesome stuff. I really hope they make it easier to include personal music. I love the songs I put on but it sure is tedious to even them on there. If the feature was simplified then certainly, it would be a massive game changer.
use the stage manager / song manager tools.

http://www.lakora.us/brawl/songmanager/

You just load up your SD, drag the song file over, name it what you want and hit save.

Last edited:

UmmBees

Smash Apprentice
I still don't have Project M because, well, my Wii stopped reading my Brawl so I have to use my Wii U and no one around sells SD cards that are 2 GB. I want to get it so I can enter the next tournament in Oklahoma.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but P:M can't run on the Wii U, only on the Wii :(

UmmBees

Smash Apprentice
It's looking great! New changes sound pretty sweet. I have 2 points I wanna address.
1. I don't think Ness's side-B should activate on shield. It doesn't in any other game and me and many other people I know including a Ness main agree that it's just unfair.
PK Fire isn't all that great if it activates on shield and you know how to respond. If you are in shield in PK Fire you can just C-stick buffer roll out painlessly. Also if you get caught in PK Fire you can SDI out fairly easy as well. PK Fire is only OP as a gimmick when people either don't know the match up or don't practice getting out when they know the match up

Top Bottom