• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesdays: Shogun Dedede

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
I'm disappointed that this isn't Masked Dedede...... :(

But it's better than nothing, and a very good effort by the team. very nice!

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
i hope if there is a sonic alt it is coldsteel the hedgehog complete with a "psssh...nothin personnel...kid..." taunt

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Alonh with Masked Dedede & some of its pallette swaps, Shogun Dedede is my primary choice for his SSB4 alt costume. PMBR just makes me realize how brilliant it is!

Marthmario

Smash Lord
what's the point of keeping it official when project m isn't even official
The back room puts so much work into the Alts, that I feel like adding other Alts in, would detract from the amazing work they put in.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
what's the point of keeping it official when project m isn't even official
I get where you're coming from but as far as unofficial mods go, Project M is incredibly professional and I can relate to how @ Marthmario Marthmario feels myself. PM feels like an officially made game to me. To each their own.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Is it safe to download Project M on the Wii Menu on my Wii U? I'm a little skeptical about all this.
It is safe (I have done it) but there is no point in wasting your time right now, the Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers yet so you won't be using it anyways.

NNID
Majorasmask66
This is so ****ing beside the point by now, it's not even funny.

How about Lucario's outfit, huh? I play a lot of Pokemon. I understand the Focus Sash and such, but the karate gi getup is an original design. Now get off your high horse and leave me alone.
or marths outfit for example.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I would love to see the Skyward Sword Link & Zelda along with the Trainman Toon Link!! Although since Link & Toon Link already have costumes... I guess it might be cool to see a Wigglytuff or Clefairy costume for Jugglypuff.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me for not knowing everything about Kirby games? The only one I ever played was Super Delux, and even then I barely played it.
How about Lucario's outfit, huh? I play a lot of Pokemon. I understand the Focus Sash and such, but the karate gi getup is an original design.
>excuse me for not knowing everything about kirby games
>oh boy look at this you didn't know this is an original costume whats wrong with you for not knowing everything about pokemon get off your high horse

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
>excuse me for not knowing everything about kirby games
>oh boy look at this you didn't know this is an original costume whats wrong with you for not knowing everything about pokemon get off your high horse
Don't play this equivocation game. This isn't white knight: the thread: the experience. Guy has one foul day and suddenly everyone wants a piece of me. You'd be in a ****ty mood too if you got fired and your transmission started leaking in your car on the same day.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
but that's exactly what it's based on, therefore not original.
And because it's not 1:1 I had no idea that was what it was based on, just like armored Ike, who is a Hector knock-off. I play a lot of Fire Emblem, and both Ike and Marth looked different enough that I didn't notice the reference until it was pointed out. That's not a problem.

Drop it.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Don't play this equivocation game. This isn't white knight: the thread: the experience. Guy has one foul day and suddenly everyone wants a piece of me. You'd be in a ****ty mood too if you got fired and your transmission started leaking in your car on the same day.
>white knight
i wasn't even white knighting? i was pointing out your hypocrisy.
>guy has one foul day and everyone wants a piece of me
i didn't even know you had a bad day, and honestly i still don't care. you're the one that posted the comments. not my fault. only yours.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Okay. Everyone in this thread: this conversation is over. @ Aninymouse Aninymouse , stop posting in this thread, you're not proving any points. @ Psionic Psionic , this argument really doesn't need to go any further.

Anyone else who wants to continue this argument can do it in messages. If it happens here, you're getting points.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Warning Received
>white knight
i wasn't even white knighting? i was pointing out your hypocrisy.
>guy has one foul day and everyone wants a piece of me
i didn't even know you had a bad day, and honestly i still don't care. you're the one that posted the comments. not my fault. only yours.
>Using green text outside 4chan
>Implying

Opinion discarded.

Look, I was not being hypocritical if I was ignorant of all the facts of the situation. My post was an early post in the life of the thread, before I had all the information - basic information that the OP didn't have when I posted. This isn't a thesis paper with a bibliography, this is me making off-hand comments on a frivolous news post. Picking a fight with me over this is like arguing over a comment on a Miley Cirus music video on Youtube. Most news posts are rife with sarcastic and nonserious comments for whatever reason. Maybe people like the front-page attention? Who cares.

The point is that I didn't start getting salty until jokers like you took it upon themselves to take things Very Seriously(TM).

I was done discussing this **** last night and Derrit has made it clear he doesn't agree with anything I have to say on the matter. I'm sick of discussing this. I'm not sorry for anything I said and I have nothing to apologize for, but I certainly don't need internet heroes jumping on the bandwagon days later trying to get their two cents in to stroke their ego or what have you.

Derrit likes to brag about how he likes to run such a tidy newsroom. Okay my friend, are we going to put a stop to this or does my inbox deserve to be forever flooded because I dared to dislike a Project M costume? At what point will the other people be asked to take some responsibility for leaving well enough alone?

Edit: I didn't see you post Derrit. Thank you.

Last edited:

Gef

Smash Cadet
or marths outfit for example.
Marth's outfit is not original. Lucario is pretty much a Street Fighter gi. Donkey Kong boxed in punchout, but I do not recall him having a belt. But they could all be easily confused for completely original things, especially the Dedede.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
all this 3.5 stuff is nice but I and many other are not looking forward to rebuilding our custom builds.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
>Using green text outside 4chan
>Implying

Opinion discarded.

Look, I was not being hypocritical if I was ignorant of all the facts of the situation. My post was an early post in the life of the thread, before I had all the information - basic information that the OP didn't have when I posted. This isn't a thesis paper with a bibliography, this is me making off-hand comments on a frivolous news post. Picking a fight with me over this is like arguing over a comment on a Miley Cirus music video on Youtube. Most news posts are rife with sarcastic and nonserious comments for whatever reason. Maybe people like the front-page attention? Who cares.

The point is that I didn't start getting salty until jokers like you took it upon themselves to take things Very Seriously(TM).

I was done discussing this **** last night and Derrit has made it clear he doesn't agree with anything I have to say on the matter. I'm sick of discussing this. I'm not sorry for anything I said and I have nothing to apologize for, but I certainly don't need internet heroes jumping on the bandwagon days later trying to get their two cents in to stroke their ego or what have you.

Derrit likes to brag about how he likes to run such a tidy newsroom. Okay my friend, are we going to put a stop to this or does my inbox deserve to be forever flooded with **** because I dared to dislike a Project M costume? At what point will the other people be asked to take some responsibility for leaving well enough alone?

Edit: I didn't see you post Derrit. Thank you.
i don't care that you don't like the costume.
i just pointed out the hypocrisy in those two statements and then you started going on and on about white knighting, equivocation, and a bundle of other completely irrelevant topics, because you can't realize that you're a hypocrite. who's the person who's really "stroking their ego"?

Last edited by a moderator:

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Here's an idea for a PM Alternate Costume: Mail-Pokémon Pikachu from the Pokémon Center US Website!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Dark Meta Knight - Sliced Eye
Hector Ike - Fire Emblem Character
Shinobi Squrtel - Ninja
Shogun Dedede - Samurai

Slices everything up, fast as a Ninja, fights like a samurai, Fire Emblem

Lyn confirmed!
Slides like a ninja, cuts like a razor blade.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Already have a wii U kiddo. nice try 2/10

I prefer a wii because homebrew is less of a risk than on a wii U console, and because I'm not entirely certain of what all is supported yet or not on vWii brew
It ain't a perfect 10, but whatever. I'll take what I can get. :3

Last edited:

xSTx

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna need more wrist straps to contain hype.

I read comments about people asking
for the QuickDraw Meta Knight texture, it's already been a creation and it's available on Project M's Tumblr. The texture was made long ago, so that's why they are doing
The dark meta knight.

I'm very happy with the way this is coming along, great job PMBR!

Top Bottom