• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday: Retro Samus!

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
I think a great costume for Samus would be the P.E.D. suit from Prime Three and a recolor based on the Phazon Suit from Prime.

StriderSean

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagnarokSeraph
3DS FC
1332-8232-6969
Maybe you should also add the Plasma and Wave beams to the up taunt to witch out for Samus. That would be interesting.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
This week's Art Tuesday features Samus Aran in her Super Metroid Varia Suit!
Nay! It is based on this (NES Power Suit)!

(Screenshot generously provided by the awesome folks at Metroid Database)

lol Seriously though, this is awesome! It would have been cool to me if Sm4sh had retro costumes for characters.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
The real question is... can we actually get a Hyrule Warriors Link?
Or is the game too recent?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Now if only Samus was fun to play...

Seriously, I can't believe that even Smash 4's incarnation of Samus, despite looking like Other M Samus, is functionally based on Super Metroid.

Can we please ditch this archaic, slow, floaty, robotic Samus? That's not Samus anymore. She's quick both in-air and on the ground, and is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter, as well. She easily is the most out-of-date Smash character, with the exception of characters specifically designed around their classic (and best) incarnation, such as Mega Man.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'd really like to see this costumes.

Zelda

Skyward Sword Zelda

Hyrule Warriors Zelda

Link to the Past Zelda - Maiden Dress

Roy

Awakening DLC Roy

BISHOP 7.30

Smash Rookie
i would like to see Captain Falcon have a complete render of his red color (A.K.A The Blood Falcon altarnate). All that alt. skin really has is the Blood Falcon logo and color scheme,would be nice to have his eyes look more menacing, Have the Falcon on the center of the helmet to be changed with a skull, have the pad in his shoulder to be changed by his spikes and also his menacing teeth. I Really like Blood Falcon, so giving Captain falcons red costume a complete render would be cool.
I Would also like to see Fire Wario (He had this form in Mario land 2) or atleast a waluigi color scheme on wario.

Top Bottom