• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday: Retro Samus!

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for original red bikini Zamus Hyrule Warriors Link!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Do Mario in some of his fancy outfits! Including that one that was in Super Mario All-Stars!

Seriously, digging the Samus's

D

Deleted member

It would be cool if dedede got a masked dedede alt with the brand-new Dedede Hammer thats what he called his electric hammer.
or meta knight got a maskless alt.

will we get any more stages?

Last edited by a moderator:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
What do you think? Who do you want to see costumed up next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!
For Zelda True form Midna and her effects are changed to be midnas magic. sheik can be fused shadow midna.

custom queen zelda outfit with new hair style. her dress can be more victorian in style. If at all possible give her some heels. sheik is king sheik scarf is red and drapes over sholders and a little down back like a half cape. they both have crowns.

Magic girl zelda...think modoka magica/sailormoon/any magical girl but zelda hyrule style. Sheik can be a summon of some sort or a magical...boyish girl?

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
ok, PMDT is has so much bias on samus
I'm waiting for Paper Mario/Dr. Luigi/Hyrule Warriors Link/Shadow Kirby/

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Must have Justin Baily ZSS skin to go along with this with Green hair and everything.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
"This week's Art Tuesday features Samus Aran in her Super Metroid Varia Suit!"

*Power suit

*cough*
I felt the exact same way. Varia suit is orange and has bigger shoulders. Plebs dont know their metroid.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718

Still, looks pretty good.

Last edited:

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
That's awesome! The shoulders need some detailing though, especially on the lower edge.

I think next up should be ZSS. Maybe something to complement all these costumes for her normal version. The justin bailey pointed out above maybe or the top-and-shorts costume in the endings of Fusion.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
awesome! so looking forwards to the light suit personally, was my favorite Prime trilogy suit. all of these are looking fine!

also PMBR, please don't make the mistake of making Dark Samus an alternate costume! anyone who has actually played Prime 2 and 3 know that it's totally not *just* a recolored Samus. there are major differences between them and it has huge potental as a character. the dark pit comparason I've seen thrown around is a bunch of BS

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
ok, PMDT is has so much bias on samus
I'm waiting for Paper Mario/Dr. Luigi/Hyrule Warriors Link/Shadow Kirby/
Samus suits have way more importance to her games than alts for other characters. The PMDT team wants to showcase that. I want other alts too but Samus' are definitely more important to her series than Dr. Luigi or Hyrule Warriors Link.

Although you could definitely argue that some of Link's outfits are also pretty damn important to his series as well haha

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
This is radical!

Now I just need some Ivysaur love going on.:shades:
Agreed! I don't think it would be incredibly difficult to give Ivysaur a Bulbasaur costume... but then I don't know what does into making our dreams into reality...

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I love it, but I really hope we're giving love to other characters too, you know. Obviously you guys are, but...yeah. Just a reminder.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. It's imperative that other characters receive love too, but I understand why we're getting so much Samus love. Samus is one of those characters that has a lot of "costumes" (suits as you will) so it's very easy to make costumes for her because there is plenty of source material to base them off from.

That being said, they have created some fantastic outfits that I was not expecting. Jet Set Sonic? ERMAGERD!!! And Ike with Hector's outfit is pretty ballin'. I would like to see other things as well, like Zora Armor Link (I think that has been made already), Zero Suit Samus featuring young Samus in her military costume from Other M, and a Roy costume sporting this look fromt he new Fire Emblem:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. It's imperative that other characters receive love too, but I understand why we're getting so much Samus love. Samus is one of those characters that has a lot of "costumes" (suits as you will) so it's very easy to make costumes for her because there is plenty of source material to base them off from.
I feel as though the very same could be said about Zelda... I would just LOVE to see her Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword appearance brought to the game. I love her in Twilight Princess appearance but she's a little too stoic for my tastes... how about some smiles from time to time!

Top Bottom