• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M AI

Aerosol

Smash Rookie
I don't like people. Does Project M's AI properly take advantage of all the changes to the movesets? I apologize if this has been answered already, but for some reason I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this question.

Narpas_sword

Maybe you shouldnt start conversations with 'I dont like people' then...

And no, while it's being improved, there is a lot to work on. One guy does it, its a mission.

Aerosol

Smash Rookie
I'll start my conversations any way I please thank you very much. I can't show you, but I'm shaking my fist at you. Violently.

Thanks though. As I said, I don't like people. More accurately, I don't like playing with people I don't know, so appropriate AI is the make or break for me. Is there somewhere I can follow along with My Hero's progress?

Aerosol

Smash Rookie
Ah fooey, I was hoping he'd have a blog or something to follow along with.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
[quote="Aerosol, post: 17600891, member: 267222"I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this question.[/quote]
Is there any reason you couldn't play and see for yourself?

MrMajora

Smash Rookie
I would say the AI has made leaps compared to that of Melee/Brawl, but as Narpas said, It's one guy.

Aerosol

Smash Rookie
[quote="Aerosol, post: 17600891, member: 267222"I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this question.
Is there any reason you couldn't play and see for yourself?[/quote]

I guess not. But it's a pain to get working on Dolphin. I'd do it on my Wii proper, but the disk drive on it has just about kicked it so that's not much of an option. Never had much of an urge to wrestle with it for an hour just to see that the AI doesn't realize that Sonic has a new meteor, for instance.

Last edited:

King Radical

Smash Rookie
I actually find the AI to be a good deal of fun to play against. Occasionally they do some really stupid stuff but overall they know how to use their new movesets and on higher levels even wavedash and dash dance and such (although whether they do so effectively is another matter). Its no substitute for another person when it comes to practice but if you don't intend to play against other people at all then that doesn't really matter. People will often say that playing against AI is detrimental for practicing to play against other people (which may or may not be true) but if you just intend to play AI matches then I think they do just fine.

Last edited:

Krigeris

Smash Rookie
It's good when its not being bad. Whoevers working on the AI put in a ton of effort to make them act more like humans, at the same time it seems like they refuse to put effort into fixing simple bugs such as air dodging off the stage which has been around for like 3 builds.

Top Bottom