• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Trailer Released!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
What I am most excited for is definitely Lyn.
But those Bowser's Castle and Saffron City stages.... oh my.

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget? The return of the Metal Mario 64 Stage is pure hype too!!!

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Oilmar fans rejoice. RIP Whiffmin.

(I don't even play Olimar, but definately a needed change)

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
...Roys had that costume.

Last edited:

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
3.5 was a disappointment but this is looking good. The return of the best casual stages in the game, the remade classics, having both versions of battlefield, fixed stocks all star mode and space harrier Olimar, all Good stuff.
Let's hope pit got fixed too.
how was 3.5 a disappointment? Anyone who truly appreciates 3.5 would realize it was step in the right direction and there are no more broken ass characters anymore.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
I love how project M is an ongoing thing because it's like an endless source of hype. The only annoying thing is moving all of my character and music mods to the new version but i guess that's the price you pay.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
I...I dunno... Call me a nostalgia-blind noob fanboy for maining him in Brawl, but I feel he could be better. He just feels awkward and overwhelming, I guess.

Which is weird, because I like juggling my opponents, yet MK, a juggler fighter, seems to turn me off because of all the nerfs. Heck, Smash 4's MK is better!

Just...I wish for something new. The mid-air jump nerf was the last straw for me; he's THE Meta Knight, not an angel born with defective wings.

Also, just saw Olimar's new recovery. Love it, mate. Never cared for his gameplay, so I'm glad he's getting attention.

I dunno why, but I hate how nostalgic PM tries to be. The gameplay isn't my problem, but the SFX for some fighters. Mario's fireballs, Link n' Marth's slashes, Samus' various sounds. They all sound dated compared to the other fighters. If you wanna make your mod look new, then it's gotta also sound new; take a step forward, not back! I would personally take an extra step by hiring a PMDT member to voice Mewtwo, but that's just me being bugged by how dated the quality of his voices sound.

...I don't see it.
Ah sorry, it was actually right after 2:48.

“New Characters, Stages and Alternate Costumes: © PMDev™"

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
They finally fixed one of my major complaints, which was the unneeded removal of the old stages. Sure, not every single one is back, but now I might consider getting it.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Now all they need to do is add Smash 4 fan favorites and then no one will really have a need to play any other game in the series.

gamegalaxy64

Smash Cadet
NNID
flarefusion1
3DS FC
1048-9074-1793
I'm not even the biggest PM fan but THE HYPE IS OFF THE CHARTS.

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
extreemly happy about Bowser's personal stage ! I am just hoping for a PAL release very close after the release of this version, and a buff for all the brawl characters because...let's be real here: all the Melee champs...are OP as ****. (lucas hype)

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I have never, never been interested in having Project M. I NEED THIS GAME NOW

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
Well, in my humble opinion, I feel like Smash 4 should be left alone at the moment simply because the meta is always changing and we don't really know what the norm will be for competitive 4. The Smash 4 community is being divided at the moment with Evo allowing customs, heavy gravity/smooth lander being introduced, and other characters such as Olimar, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and even Wii Fit Trainer getting more spotlight than the top-tiers: Diddy, Rosalina & Luma, Sonic, and Fox. When I look at this from a spectator's standpoint, I can see why people would say that they want a Smash 4 Project M. If what I'm about to say offends anybody in anyway, then I'm sorry that you feel this way, but in my opinion, this is the truth. Competitive Smash 4 is way more fun to play than to watch and it's pretty obvious that when you are at tournaments to play or spectate, you will be waiting a good while before you see some that can count as exhilarating or hype-worthy. From my experience with Smash 4, it still rewards defensive play like a rich kid asking his parents for all the candy in the candy store while the offensive play will be the poor kid that has to really work for what he wants. It doesn't feel right for those that want to show people how fast and exciting Smash 4 can be is handicapped for not picking the campy play-style. That's all I have to say and I know that I'm probably going to get hate for this, but hey, at least I stated my 100% honest opinion.

Thor

Smash Champion
Now all they need to do is add Smash 4 fan favorites and then no one will really have a need to play any other game in the series.
Global mechanics preferences are a reason people will continue to play their favorite entry, be it 64, Brawl Minus, Brawl, Melee, Smash 4, Super Smash Flash 2, or that graphing calculator one [or any other mod]. As far as Smash 4 goes, there's also graphics and game modes unavailable in PM [Smash tour and Smash Run]. I know some people who love Brawl Snake's side+b enough to prefer it over PM, and airdodges being different is enough for some. Also the buffer and other things I'm not thinking of because this is off the top of my head. Melee doesn't have the physics delay and there are people who literally think "It's not Melee therefore it's bad." [I've met some <_< but thankfully they're very few and far between.]. Some also actually prefer Melee graphics [PM Melee skins mostly look awkward in my opinion, though I love the black and green tunic Links.] 64 has more zero-deaths and less landing lag. Brawl Minus is what would happen if 3.02 Fox were a character in need of buffs [never mind the rest of the cast], and frankly I think it's a ton of fun. Brawl Minus also has Pichu (as does Melee). I haven't played SSF2 or the graphing calculator version but you can't play PM on a calculator and I think SSF2 has numerous differences that mean PM is not necessarily better for a lot of people. Other mods have their own advantages as well.

Tl;dr: lol no.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
@ Thor Thor Ignore what I actually said. What I meant was that PM would be close to complete with Smash 4 characters. That's all.

Thor

Smash Champion
@ Thor Thor Ignore what I actually said. What I meant was that PM would be close to complete with Smash 4 characters. That's all.
I can agree that PM would be awesome with Smash 4 characters [PM Shulk? Yes please!] but I think some people would worry that adding Smash 4 characters would make Nintendo more likely to try to shut PM down [this is not intending to spur a debate about legality or whatever, but only pointing out that if there are any legality fears, taking more Nintendo material will likely make those fears more pronounced]. So I would enjoy this too, but... I can't say [Edited: I think] it's likely.

Last edited:

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
I can agree that PM would be awesome with Smash 4 characters [PM Shulk? Yes please!] but I think some people would worry that adding Smash 4 characters would make Nintendo more likely to try to shut PM down [this is not intending to spur a debate about legality or whatever, but only pointing out that if there are any legality fears, taking more Nintendo material will likely make those fears more pronounced]. So I would enjoy this too, but... I can't say [Edited: I think] it's likely.
Well, we could just implement the character data and make it a mod for Project M, unless that would still cause legality problems.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Well, in my humble opinion, I feel like Smash 4 should be left alone at the moment simply because the meta is always changing and we don't really know what the norm will be for competitive 4. The Smash 4 community is being divided at the moment with Evo allowing customs, heavy gravity/smooth lander being introduced, and other characters such as Olimar, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and even Wii Fit Trainer getting more spotlight than the top-tiers: Diddy, Rosalina & Luma, Sonic, and Fox. When I look at this from a spectator's standpoint, I can see why people would say that they want a Smash 4 Project M. If what I'm about to say offends anybody in anyway, then I'm sorry that you feel this way, but in my opinion, this is the truth. Competitive Smash 4 is way more fun to play than to watch and it's pretty obvious that when you are at tournaments to play or spectate, you will be waiting a good while before you see some that can count as exhilarating or hype-worthy. From my experience with Smash 4, it still rewards defensive play like a rich kid asking his parents for all the candy in the candy store while the offensive play will be the poor kid that has to really work for what he wants. It doesn't feel right for those that want to show people how fast and exciting Smash 4 can be is handicapped for not picking the campy play-style. That's all I have to say and I know that I'm probably going to get hate for this, but hey, at least I stated my 100% honest opinion.
What does the fact that you think smash 4 is more fun to play the to watch have to do with a reason that there shouldn't be a PM style smash 4 mod? There's really no reason NOT to have it apart from the fact that it will further divide the community.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I think PM would be the game that mixes all the other games, however Nintendo is a threat to the continuation of PM, especially if it starts incorporating Smash 4 elements.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What does the fact that you think smash 4 is more fun to play the to watch have to do with a reason that there shouldn't be a PM style smash 4 mod? There's really no reason NOT to have it apart from the fact that it will further divide the community.
The bolded is in addition to why I do not want it.

it'll split the community and there is now a larger group that will not want it compared to brawl.

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
I clearly said that I think that's a reason why people would want a Smash 4 Project M and in no way, did I state it was part of the reason why there shouldn't be a Smash 4 Project M. The PMDT already said that they wouldn't make a Smash 4 Project M because of the fear of Nintendo and the modding technology on Wii U is simply not as developed as the Wii.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Project M - The M stands for Melee Metroid "Mario's a Loser"

All hail King Koopa :4bowser:

Top Bottom