• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Beta is Out Now!

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer

In a complete surprise move, the Project M Dev Team released a trailer just moments ago. In that trailer, several new features were shown, including visual enhancements, new stages, and even an auto L-cancel mode! But most important of all, at the very end of the trailer, it was announced that Project M 3.6 Beta is out now! It is referred to as a beta because the PMDT anticipates some issues that will need fixing, but it is a full version in its own right, ready to play right now!

What are you waiting for? Watch the trailer and go download the newest version!

For the full changelog, click here.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Auto L Cancels?

Question is, if this is gonna become legal.

Wonder who's nerfed this time
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: RIP Diddy in every game

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
So did I step into a time machine by accident or is Project M 3.6 finally a thing now? On a more serious note I'm so happy to see the results of all the hard work that was put into this update. Now if only Nintendo could reach an agreement with the PM Dev team so it can be in more tournaments my life would finally be complete.

Last edited:

DC| Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yayforall
3DS FC
3007-8110-9759
YEEEEESSSS! THEY FINALY WISENED UP AND PUT AUTO L-CANCELS IN THE GAME! (too bad it won't be tournament standard.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I can't believe they added Auto L Cancelling as an option. Thank you so much. Now if only Diddy Kong had two bananas again. lol

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
given the majority is noting the Auto L-Cancel option, as opposed to new costumes, the Bowser's Castle stage, and quite possibly refined looks of what's established...

I foresee a VERY hot debate among newcomers and veterans...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
AUTO L-CANCELS FOR CASUALS LIKE ME
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
PRAISE PMDT
Edit: I have the hopes! Perhaps people will begin doing gentleman's rule to auto L-canceling in tourneys :D

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Oh YES, Project M updates means more Salty Highlights!

Transforce98

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1564-3695-0517
given the majority is noting the Auto L-Cancel option, as opposed to new costumes, the Bowser's Castle stage, and quite possibly refined looks of what's established...

I foresee a VERY hot debate among newcomers and veterans...
I mentioned that I thought I say Sm4sh Roy as a costume, or just his updated look. If they did that, why not for Ike too?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Is that a Wii R.O.B.?
So we got
-Famicom
-NES/SNES
-Virtual Boy
-Nintendo DS
-Wii

We need to just have a complete Nintendo trilogy of R.O.B.s
N64, Gamecube, Game Boy/GBA, Wii U and 3DS are the ones left
Les gooo

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Disappointed in the looping quality of these brstms. Bunch of amateurs running the department over there.

Last edited:

Poppy100

Smash Cadet
Auto L-cancelling? Sounds good to me, L-cancelling is stupid from a game design standpoint anyway. Why have it in the first place? All it does is make the game harder, nothing of value is otherwise added as a result of it. Wave-dashing, though I question if it should be a feature, at least gives characters more mobility options, and thus, has a reason to exist.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
For 3DS ROB we could need MK7's standard kart, BTW I CAN RIP IT :B
Still downloading 3.6...
N64 could use the system as his base, as R.O.B. is being used as cartridge
Wii U can follow in the Wii's footsteps
Gamecube would be hilarious having the Gamecube be used as his Arms' base because the whole Lunchbox thing

All these ideas

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I am totally OK with it. I wonder if they fixed the glitch where inputting the Konami code wouldn't unlock Lyn. Last time I tried, I just got a message saying "P.T's dead, stop calling us."

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Reformat your SD card, they loop fine
I'm talking about the actual looping of the song, not the brstm audio glitch.
Clipping, noticeable loops in flawlessly loop-able songs, etc, etc.
Average users aren't going to notice mid-match, but it's still OCD inducing.

What is a Brstms.
The audio format used by the wii system. P:M BRSTMs are located inside your "strm" folder.

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Auto L-cancelling? Sounds good to me, L-cancelling is stupid from a game design standpoint anyway. Why have it in the first place? All it does is make the game harder, nothing of value is otherwise added as a result of it. Wave-dashing, though I question if it should be a feature, at least gives characters more mobility options, and thus, has a reason to exist.
In Melee I'm guessing Nintendo added it in as a cool little secret for people to find and a reward for people who explored the depths of the game. They didn't even think about a competitive audience at the time, nor how requiring an additional input upon landing would increase the barrier of entry to said competitive scene. It was also in Smash 64 where it was even more potent (it completely eliminated landing lag instead of halving it). However, both the low lag aerials and wavedashing are staples of what makes Melee, and by extension Project M, such a great competitive game. I wouldn't mind seeing an option for wavedashing to be mapped to a direction + button input though, you've got a free shoulder button after all.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Meanwhile here in Europe we are still waiting the 3.5 version thay have PROMISED us...

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I just don't like the new announcer....at all...sounds like one of those 16-17 y/o youtube children who haven't hit puberty for some weird reason.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
Anyone having issues booting up 3.6? I'm at my friend's place and he doesn't have homebrew so I'm using the stage Builder method to boot it up and it keeps freezing trying to load up the menu?

Top Bottom