• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Beta is Out Now!

Poppy100

Smash Cadet
Did I touch a nerve? I'm not hearing a real reason as to why I'm wrong. Also why melee as opposed to Project M? I haven't played Melee in several years...

It's odd that I happened to look and see your post this quickly when I don't view this site a whole lot...

Vigihes

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile here in Europe we are still waiting the 3.5 version thay have PROMISED us...
You should hack your PAL Wii. I have USB Loader, a NTSC version of the game, my 2GB SD card and it works great ! But of course buy the original game, otherwise it's not legal.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
L-cancelling exists so you can mess it up. It's in because it's hard to do in different scenarios (from different heights, against nothing, against a shield, against shields of different sizes, against multiple shields (ICs), etc.). It's a skill that, if you're not good at, your opponent is going to capitalize on.

Not even top players get EVERY L-cancel.

Example: https://youtu.be/FNQee9tc13I?t=2m21s

HBox didn't capitalize on Armada's missed L-cancel, but you obviously see how dangerous of a spot Armada was in, right?
please don't even reply to the NoLcancel religion, they are so boring with their eternal same irrelevent argument stating all is about strategize in a battle so many people al reaady explain to them that lcancel is all about difficulty-rewards mecanic. But their are in such a dogma position, they really think they discovered the moon, explaining how Sakurai is a dummy guy, lcancel is a pointless mecanic that just make the game harder., how at least there should be an option for auto-lcancel or disable it.
Now that they have the options , they are al ready looking for more, I even read one stating THAT AUTO-LCANCEL SHOULD BE A TOURNAMENT RULE! geeeezzzzzzzzzz can you believe that...i wont even argue.

Please just dont answer to them...

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Soooo... your opinion is that because YOU feel better and more comfortable with smash 4 controls, that Smash 4 will (objectively) ALWAYS be a better game compared to PM...? For some strange reason, i just don't see the logic in that and there's no way that i can respect such a narcissistic opinion. And yeah, now we're all in denial because YOU feel a certain way about PM. Thanks for telling me why i still am interested in PM. I was wondering why i was excited about new content and development in a game that i'm passionate about. Now i realize it's all just silly mind tricks i'm playing on myself.
*golf clap*
Kinda regret even saying anything in the first place now cause of having some PM fanatics like you picking on me with such smarky comments, but ah well. Long live Smash 4, will always be the better game than PM overall imo.

Last edited:

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I just don't like the new announcer....at all...sounds like one of those 16-17 y/o youtube children who haven't hit puberty for some weird reason.
Naw I think he sounds happier than the other ones, a little younger maybe, but not bad.

AcePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
UltimaPikachu
3DS FC
4270-1808-1129
I hope I'm not the only one too think this, but I REALLY hope auto L-canceling is tournament legal. Honestly in my opinion the tech just makes the game unnecessarily harder. You're pressing an extra button for what should already be there to begin with. Newcomers such as myself would have a much easier time getting into the game. Please? I'll happily get into the scene if it is.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Soooo... your opinion is that because YOU feel better and more comfortable with smash 4 controls, that Smash 4 will (objectively) ALWAYS be a better game compared to PM...? For some strange reason, i just don't see the logic in that and there's no way that i can respect such a narcissistic opinion. And yeah, now we're all in denial because YOU feel a certain way about PM. Thanks for telling me why i still am interested in PM. I was wondering why i was excited about new content and development in a game that i'm passionate about. Now i realize it's all just silly mind tricks i'm playing on myself.
*golf clap*
Anyone who says they are being objective about something in the context of how good or bad something is, is lying.

It is just an interpretation.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
If auto L cancelling was tournament legal and the overall standard, I would consider playing this game competitively as well.

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I replaced the files on my sd card except the first one (which wasn't in the 3.6 folder) but when I try to play PM it get stuck on the screen with the green static and I have to unplug my Wii. How do I update it and not mess it up?

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Kinda regret even saying anything in the first place now cause of having some PM fanatics like you picking on me with such smarky comments, but ah well. Long live Smash 4, will always be the better game than PM overall imo.
All of this could've been avoided if you didn't go on a PM thread and say smash 4 is better lmao. Oh well, long live PM. It's a better competitive game than smash 4 will ever be IMO.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
All of this could've been avoided if you didn't go on a PM thread and say smash 4 is better lmao. Oh well, long live PM. It's a better competitive game than smash 4 will ever be IMO.
pm sux and should die a horrible death, i hate spacies just kidding.

I do agree with the part though that says walking into a thread like this for a new patch and bashing it.

I do find it to be kind of rude.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
pm sux and should die a horrible death, i hate spacies just kidding.

I do agree with the part though that says walking into a thread like this for a new patch and bashing it.

I do find it to be kind of rude.
Like most of the guys here who been bashing me and my honest opinions that Smash 4 will always be a better competitive game than PM will ever be.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
what happened to melee battle field
You may have figured it out already, but hold L while choosing battlefield and it will load the Melee version. There are alternate versions for a lot of levels now. It's pretty convenient imo, for instance you can choose between PS1 or PS2 by holding L instead of switching pages like in PM 3.5.
Now that they have the options , they are already looking for more, I even read one stating that auto-L cancel should be a tournament rule!
That was me, but I was joking so don't worry. I denoted my sarcasm with a Kappa.
However
If auto L cancelling was tournament legal and the overall standard, I would consider playing this game competitively as well.
I REALLY hope auto L-canceling is tournament legal. Honestly in my opinion the tech just makes the game unnecessarily harder.
your point still stands @ masterpad masterpad , as there are already people who legitimately believe that auto canceling should be a tournament standard.
*cringes internally*

I don't like arguing or posting negative replies and so I'm a bit torn over this dealio. So rather, I'll give some realistic advice to the Pro-Auto-Cancel Team. If you think Smash will be better with autocancelling, then make a mod that both allows and enables it by default. Face it, no amount of arguing will get you what you want. Rather, make the game and see what happens. The competitive smash community has a sort of purity in that people will play whatever version of smash is the most fun and positively competitive. If your mod only gets picked up by casuals, then you have your answer right there.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
You may have figured it out already, but hold L while choosing battlefield and it will load the Melee version. There are alternate versions for a lot of levels now. It's pretty convenient imo, for instance you can choose between PS1 or PS2 by holding L instead of switching pages like in PM 3.5.

That was me, but I was joking so don't worry. I denoted my sarcasm with a Kappa.
However

your point still stands @ masterpad masterpad , as there are already people who legitimately believe that auto canceling should be a tournament standard.
*cringes internally*

I don't like arguing or posting negative replies and so I'm a bit torn over this dealio. So rather, I'll give some realistic advice to the Pro-Auto-Cancel Team. If you think Smash will be better with autocancelling, then make a mod that both allows and enables it by default. Face it, no amount of arguing will get you what you want. Rather, make the game and see what happens. The competitive smash community has a sort of purity in that people will play whatever version of smash is the most fun and positively competitive. If your mod only gets picked up by casuals, then you have your answer right there.
If I recall, didn't Brawl+ have Auto S-Landing?

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I've never played Brawl+ or Brawl- so I wouldn't know. If it did though, that speaks for its popularity:yeahboi: :yeahboi: :yeahboi:

Last edited:

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I replaced the files on my sd card except the first one (which wasn't in the 3.6 folder) but when I try to play PM it get stuck on the screen with the green static and I have to unplug my Wii. How do I update it and not mess it up?
Can someone tell me how to fix this?

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Can someone tell me how to fix this?
I didn't have any problems installing, so I have no experience with fixing buggy installs. I recommend you back up your SD card then delete everything and then put in pm again. That's assuming you're not using homebrew. I use the homebrew version and just deleted everything that was going to be replaced. Obviously you don't want to delete your entire homebrew setup just for pm :p

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I didn't have any problems installing, so I have no experience with fixing buggy installs. I recommend you back up your SD card then delete everything and then put in pm again. That's assuming you're not using homebrew. I use the homebrew version and just deleted everything that was going to be replaced. Obviously you don't want to delete your entire homebrew setup just for pm :p
Should I keep the apps folder from 3.5?

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Should I keep the apps folder from 3.5?
I think you're supposed to delete absolutely everything from 3.5. If said folder is empty, you should be fine. But every piece of metadata or resources should go.

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I think you're supposed to delete absolutely everything from 3.5. If said folder is empty, you should be fine. But every piece of metadata or resources should go.
I deleted all old files and dragged the new files into my sd card and I still have the same problem

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I deleted all old files and dragged the new files into my sd card and I still have the same problem
I didn't have any problems installing P:M 3.6 (the hackless version)
(3.5 was a different story though)

The best solution is back up the SD card, format it (not quick format), redownload it and reinstall it.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Sorry guys but Smash 4 will now always be the better game compared to PM since I actually feel a lot more comfy with the less stiff controls. Seems a lot of you are still in denial.
"better game" That's quite a statement considering they're completely different games aside from the percentage system. We'll see how long Smash 4 lasts, don't worry.

L-canceling only purpose is to have tech skill with no purpose to the game itself.

I get the shield properties, if you mess up etc. I know this does not justify it.

and I play Peach who uses float cancellling, she still needs this tech.

Still, this tech is pointless, all it s does at the worst i alienate players.

That is horrible to me personally. Give real legitimate depth to them, not false depth.

If a smash 4 player haters this, or any other player I will fully back then on this.

L-cancelling needs to go away forever, I legitimately mean this. I want o value tech skill that matters to decision. Not tech skill that offer nothing to them if they quit.
I think L-cancelling is a good mechanic. It rewards a player's technical skill by giving them more options.

This is just my personal experience, but I don't find L-cancelling to be that difficult. I went from not L-cancelling at all to being able to have an 80% L-cancelling rate every game within 1-2 hours of practice. It isn't something you unlearn either. Once I was able to become comfortable with L-cancelling to the point where I do it on reflex, I genuinely felt like I had become better at the game. Which is a great feeling. That's what competitive gaming is all about. I also find it very hard to believe that it has alienated any players.

Last edited:

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I didn't have any problems installing P:M 3.6 (the hackless version)
(3.5 was a different story though)

The best solution is back up the SD card, format it (not quick format), redownload it and reinstall it.
I don't know how to format it but I did what you said and it still doesn't work

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to format it but I did what you said and it still doesn't work
In windows, go to my computer -> right click on your SD card (Do not name it anything). Select "format" and this menu will pop up. Select the options that I have selected, and click on "start"
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom