• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Trailer Released, Release Date Revealed

Osprey

Smash Rookie
Does anyone get or think they get how zelda's fireballs are gonna work? No, I can't wait 2 days to find out haha!

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
PM is cancer that killed the smash community, Smash will never get great numbers with that trash mod proliferating scrubs and giving a bad name to the real game when in fact pm is a garbage fighter. Good thing everyone will forget about it once the real game comes out.

D

Deleted member

PM is cancer that killed the smash community, Smash will never get great numbers with that trash mod proliferating scrubs and giving a bad name to the real game when in fact pm is a garbage fighter. Good thing everyone will forget about it once the real game comes out.
I'm so sorry about your recent head trauma.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
This is hella haipu, just imagine when these guys will get their hands on modding SSBU

So, apparently the PMBR stated that they will NOT be modding Sm4sh. Personally, I'm glad about that. Sm4sh is my primary Smash, and I'm gonna aim for the top. A PM version would make my effort meaningless.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
When it was showing the countdown to the release date my straight face went all the way to a huge smile to completely jaw-dropped. This is so amazing.

EDIT: Crap, right before Finals, totally forgot about that... I don't know what I'm gonna do in that regard.

Last edited:

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
I'm so sorry about your recent head trauma.
No head trauma, but he is a little extreme about his viewpoint. The fact is, PM can never be treated as official, and shouldn't be treated as a replacement for any official games. It's like a Brawl add-on/expansion pack on steroids, a side game to the official games, Still PM isn't half bad, and it's for a different type of person than Sm4sh is. Melee/PM is faster paced and more impatient in nature while Sm4sh rewards patience and reading your opponent. Different skill sets, equal amounts of skill.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Finally a PAL release incoming? Well, looks like I can stop my Project M hate pretty soon I guess. Really wasn't expecting them to actually go the extra mile to make this available for us after all this time. I do really appreciate it though, can't wait.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I don't mind PM to be around , but i feel like its competing with the new smash. I have not opened my wii u box yet, maybe I'll take it back. This version of smash looks pretty good.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
I REALLY hope they keep Zelda/Sheik's transformation for this one. There are OTHER ways to satisfy the single form players without leaving out the Sheilda players (I made my character suggestions in this thread).

D

Deleted member

The fact is, PM can never be treated as official, and shouldn't be treated as a replacement for any official games. It's like a Brawl add-on/expansion pack on steroids, a side game to the official games.
What's your point? Nobody has ever tried to claim that PM is "official Nintendo." Everybody knows it's a mod of an existing game.

And if there is enough interest in it (which there is), there is no reason for PM to be relegated to side game status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The time has come to main Ganondorf.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
At the same time, it's asanine to get mad at someone for making their game as they envisioned it from the beginning.

Video games are something of an art form. Artists crafty their creations the way THEY envision it, NOT the way others tell them they should make it. This I'd no different. Smash is Sakurai's baby, so to speak. PM is just the result of a group of people taking someone else's baby and performing surgery on it without the parent's consent. That being said, PM is fun, (not as fun as Sm4sh, in my opinion) but it shouldn't be treated as official, or a replacement for official Smash games, by any means. This mentality of " let's take someone else's creation into our own hands " is a little dumb, in some aspects. Besides, PM wasn't made by anyone. "Made" would be created from scratch rather than ripping off of someone else's assets. It's just an inventive and well-done mod with some original character models and textures. The majority of PM is still Sakurai's work, his effort and time.
I understand your point, and I agree that video games are sort of art forms, but we cannot directly compare them with other forms of art, because video games are interactive. People take this art and turn them into ways of life. There are people who love this game with a passion to the point where their livelihoods depend on it (streamers, competitive players, TO's, etc). This is where the art comparison becomes incredibly murky.

Another reason why the art comparison is murky in the case of Brawl and PM is because the game data was able to be changed at anyone's will, while other forms of art are not. Remember the Last Airbender by M. Night Whyamistillmakingmovies? It was a complete travesty, especially to the series' fans (even though it sold insanely well globally), but it's a movie so they have to deal with it. However Brawl was able to be changed, so why not mod it, especially when there's so much potential to be unraveled?

This next point is purely my own personal opinion, but I believe once someone releases anything (art, products, cars, whatever), then their authorial intent is dead. Think about books. People can read and understand a book however they want depending on their own experiences and life context. South Park did an episode on this called "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs"(S14E2), where people were reading way too far into Butters' books and praising them as revolutionary literature, when in reality they were just disgusting ramblings. I believe that this is happening to an extent between Brawl and Smash4 and the community, except the delusion is caused by Nintendo/Sakurai fanboyism.

Like I said before, I still don't understand why people ride Sakurai's **** so hard. Just because he made Brawl, doesn't mean it's a good game; Sakurai is not infallible. There are many aspects of Brawl that are not healthy for competitive play, many of which were purposely put there. That's not opinion that's fact. From a purely competitive standpoint, Brawl is inferior to every iteration of Smash so far. So why not change it if we have the chance? If you could redo the Star Wars prequels wouldn't you do it in a heartbeat?

Btw, PM is not just some models and textures. It's a complete overhaul of game mechanics, stats, movesets, and even some physics, done over 3-4 years. Sounds like a game to me.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
I don't mind PM to be around , but i feel like its competing with the new smash. I have not opened my wii u box yet, maybe I'll take it back. This version of smash looks pretty good.
Why return your Wii U? PM is a completely different game from Sm4sh. Plus, Sm4sh is HD and has real online play. Not to mention, official tourneys with legit prizes, coverage, and stuff. Why not keep the Wii U and enjoy both the old (so to speak) and the new?

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
So, apparently the PMBR stated that they will NOT be modding Sm4sh. Personally, I'm glad about that. Sm4sh is my primary Smash, and I'm gonna aim for the top. A PM version would make my effort meaningless.
Don't be surprised if they change their minds, or if another group decides to carry on their work. Although I certainly hope Sm4sh does garner success from a competitive standpoint; it wouldn't really make your effort meaningless if they did. There'll be that niche group who wants to experience Melee mechanics in 1080p + new characters so they'll have their chance.

Why return your Wii U? PM is a completely different game from Sm4sh. Plus, Sm4sh is HD and has real online play. Not to mention, official tourneys with legit prizes, coverage, and stuff. Why not keep the Wii U and enjoy both the old (so to speak) and the new?
Let em decide what to do. Project M may not be a part of those big name tourneys but it will still have its place in other mainstream tourneys

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
OMG Smash 4 and PM 3.5 both in the same month?!? Is this heaven??

Seriously, enough with this which smash game is competing with which business. Can't we all just love smash?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
If you could redo the Star Wars prequels wouldn't you do it in a heartbeat?
I would rather go back in time and prevent that CGI mess to be done.
I rather declare them non-canon so everyone will finally stop caring they exist.

I know I missed the point of your post, but I can't help it, those movies suck. And Last Airbender can go to hell.

Last edited:

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
I understand your point, and I agree that video games are sort of art forms, but we cannot directly compare them with other forms of art, because video games are interactive. People take this art and turn them into ways of life. There are people who love this game with a passion to the point where their livelihoods depend on it (streamers, competitive players, TO's, etc). This is where the art comparison becomes incredibly murky.

Another reason why the art comparison is murky in the case of Brawl and PM is because the game data was able to be changed at anyone's will, while other forms of art are not. Remember the Last Airbender by M. Night Whyamistillmakingmovies? It was a complete travesty, especially to the series' fans (even though it sold insanely well globally), but it's a movie so they have to deal with it. However Brawl was able to be changed, so why not mod it, especially when there's so much potential to be unraveled?

This next point is purely my own personal opinion, but I believe once someone releases anything (art, products, cars, whatever), then their authorial intent is dead. Think about books. People can read and understand a book however they want depending on their own experiences and life context. South Park did an episode on this called "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs"(S14E2), where people were reading way too far into Butters' books and praising them as revolutionary literature, when in reality they were just disgusting ramblings. I believe that this is happening to an extent between Brawl and Smash4 and the community, except the delusion is caused by Nintendo/Sakurai fanboyism.

Like I said before, I still don't understand why people ride Sakurai's **** so hard. Just because he made Brawl, doesn't mean it's a good game; Sakurai is not infallible. There are many aspects of Brawl that are not healthy for competitive play, many of which were purposely put there. That's not opinion that's fact. From a purely competitive standpoint, Brawl is inferior to every iteration of Smash so far. So why not change it if we have the chance? If you could redo the Star Wars prequels wouldn't you do it in a heartbeat?

Btw, PM is not just some models and textures. It's a complete overhaul of game mechanics, stats, movesets, and even some physics, done over 3-4 years. Sounds like a game to me.
While you are right in many aspects, other aspects are more opinion and interpretation rather than fact. I agree that some entertainment can be clearly bad, but if there is room for debate then it becomes complicated. Videogames are always debatable and subjective. What's bad for one can be great for another. This is greatly apparent in the case of Smash Bros.

I also agree that Brawl is the opposite of competitive. However, fanboyisn or not, the fact is that Smash Bros wouldn't exist if it weren't for Sakurai. So he at least deserves a little respect from players on any Smash game, especially from those who play Melee.

Also people so easily forget that Brawl's production was started without Sakurai, it wasn't even his idea, and they brought him on after development was already underway. That means Brawl being a casual game was more likely because of Nintendo, not Sakurai. Sakurai is actually trying to turn things around with Sm4sh but is met with complaints from ingrates who are mad that it isn't as similar to Melee as they want.

I'm no fanboy, I just see things how they really are. I'm a realist.

I give the PMBR credit, PM is impressive. The changes and additions surely name a difference and it's almost a game in its own right. But the fact is that they took the assets from Brawl and started from there, they didn't create the game from the ground up, like Sakurai did with Sm4sh. In a technical and literal sense it's a game, but not a full game. So it's still just a well-done mod. That's what I meant.

Oh, and I wouldn't change any Start Wars movies. I'm just fine with them add they after. I'm more concerned about these new ones, and whether or not they're gonna be good or not.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
OMG Smash 4 and PM 3.5 both in the same month?!? Is this heaven??

Seriously, enough with this which smash game is competing with which business. Can't we all just love smash?
No, apparently. I've already been through that conversation. I wish it could be that way, though.

Too many people treat each Smash game as practically separate entities "that just happen to be under the same moniker". This mentality leads to the defensiveness over Melee and the complaints/attacks on Brawl and Sm4sh for not being enough like Melee. There will never truly be a " Smash community " unless this changes. But there will always be those who whine and argue, instead of enjoying their game and letting others enjoy theirs, WITHOUT being vocal about their displeasure. The stupidity flares up every time a new Smash comes out and it takes a different path from that of a direct serial to Melee. It'll keep happening. Some people well never be happy unless their selfish desires are satisfied.

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
The main question is though, will this work on Dolphin the day of release? I downloaded PM 3.02 prepatched so I'm not sure if there's another method.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
While you are right in many aspects, other aspects are more opinion and interpretation rather than fact. I agree that some entertainment can be clearly bad, but if there is room for debate then it becomes complicated. Videogames are always debatable and subjective. What's bad for one can be great for another. This is greatly apparent in the case of Smash Bros.

I also agree that Brawl is the opposite of competitive. However, fanboyisn or not, the fact is that Smash Bros wouldn't exist if it weren't for Sakurai. So he at least deserves a little respect from players on any Smash game, especially from those who play Melee.

Also people so easily forget that Brawl's production was started without Sakurai, it wasn't even his idea, and they brought him on after development was already underway. That means Brawl being a casual game was more likely because of Nintendo, not Sakurai. Sakurai is actually trying to turn things around with Sm4sh but is met with complaints from ingrates who are mad that it isn't as similar to Melee as they want.

I'm no fanboy, I just see things how they really are. I'm a realist.

I give the PMBR credit, PM is impressive. The changes and additions surely name a difference and it's almost a game in its own right. But the fact is that they took the assets from Brawl and started from there, they didn't create the game from the ground up, like Sakurai did with Sm4sh. In a technical and literal sense it's a game, but not a full game. So it's still just a well-done mod. That's what I meant.

Oh, and I wouldn't change any Start Wars movies. I'm just fine with them add they after. I'm more concerned about these new ones, and whether or not they're gonna be good or not.
I just want to say that I definitely respect Sakurai as a game designer; been a fan of Kirby since Crystal Shards. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with all of his philosophies or decisions, and that in itself doesn't mean I hate the man by any means. Also I'm pretty sure Brawl was announced without Sakurai knowing, but development was only started after Iwata and Sakurai talked about him becoming director. This is taken from wikipedia though, so if you have a more credible source please share.

Most of my points are not directed at you personally, just at the community at large who refuse to acknowledge PM.

And we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that last point ;P

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Hang on, something just occurred to me. If SSE is playable, where did they find the space to put the boss' sound files? I'd be interested in hearing about that.

Also I'm rolling after seeing the Bowser Challenge event. GG PMDT.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Ganon mains, there will be Ganon mains...everywhere

Last edited:

kchamp523

Smash Cadet
No, apparently. I've already been through that conversation. I wish it could be that way, though.

Too many people treat each Smash game as practically separate entities "that just happen to be under the same moniker". This mentality leads to the defensiveness over Melee and the complaints/attacks on Brawl and Sm4sh for not being enough like Melee. There will never truly be a " Smash community " unless this changes. But there will always be those who whine and argue, instead of enjoying their game and letting others enjoy theirs, WITHOUT being vocal about their displeasure. The stupidity flares up every time a new Smash comes out and it takes a different path from that of a direct serial to Melee. It'll keep happening. Some people well never be happy unless their selfish desires are satisfied.
To be fair, all the smash games are dramatically different from each other.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well I think the hovering part is the only change besides really small balance changes, right?
Ganondorf still has most of his tools honestly. He just has more options. If you look carefully at his fight against Pit, you will see that he also was given a way to combat projectile camping. His core remains.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Ganondorf still has most of his tools honestly. He just has more options. If you look carefully at his fight against Pit, you will see that he also was given a way to combat projectile camping. His core remains.
.............Dang.....Ganon's gonna feel more like himself rather than a clone of CF.

Also, I was reatching the video again and at around 1:17 DID PIKACHU JUST TELEPORT!?!?!?

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8. No need to be ir8.

J3f

Smash Cadet
MechaCharizard confirmed. All my wants. I must freeze myself in anticipation for Project M 3.5, please thaw me out in 2 days.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
You mean I can finally multishine Goombas??
Das it. Life's goal complete.

Top Bottom