• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 2.5b on Dolphin 3.5?

baf1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new here so please be gentle. :D

I searched through these forums and didn't see anything on it, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I want to preface this by saying I own the disc copy of the game, but since I play on Wii U, I can't use GameCube controllers, so I much prefer to emulate it on my gaming PC so I can play in 1080p HD and use PS3 controllers. It's a great way to play!

However, I've noticed a major issue when playing PM in Dolphin. The random crashing! It's almost a timer sort of thing...every few matches, the emulator will straight up freeze and close. This doesn't happen with Vanilla Brawl, so I was wondering if there is a known fix for this? If so, I'm really looking forward to putting Project M to good use in the next few months. :D

Thanks in advance guys, and I'll be hanging around these boards for a while! I look forward to more riveting tales and/or discussion. :D
~baf1

Ninjamo

Smash Cadet
I used <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP03UBBcqvw" target="_blank">this</a> tutorial and followed it to the letter, and it works relatively well. I get occasional sound glitches (music will overlap itself, random clicking/buzzing noises, etc), but it never crashes on me.

I also installed an HD texture pack, if that helps at all.

baf1

Smash Rookie
I used <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP03UBBcqvw" target="_blank">this</a> tutorial and followed it to the letter, and it works relatively well. I get occasional sound glitches (music will overlap itself, random clicking/buzzing noises, etc), but it never crashes on me.

I also installed an HD texture pack, if that helps at all.
Strangely enough, I had followed the exact same tutorial when setting mine up. I wonder if it has something to do with my specific revision of Dolphin, or maybe the build of Project M I've installed. I'm using the 77-stage build that was posted on Reddit last week.

(http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/1fkxl7/itching_for_some_new_smash_bros_try_out_this/)

When I get home this evening, I'll play around with it some more and post what I find.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I think that stage expansion might be your issue, as it's an edit to the coding to allow more stages and we all know not to mess with the P:M coding by now.
Anyway, I also use Dolphin 3.5 with P:M 2.5b with the regular stages and mine barely has issues besides the occasional sound bleeps. If yours keeps freezing you might want to revert to regular Project M.

Top Bottom