• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project eMpire Results 07/22/12 BC, CANADA

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Project eMPire
07/22/12
Results

Doubles (6 entrants) $10 each team
1. Gooby pls (Yakal + Captain L) *$42 :falco: + :pikachu2:
2. we r better (Rusty + Violence) *$18 :ike: + :sheik:
3. Team Super Awesome Dynamite Platinum Brothers (Big D + Blue Yoshi) :dedede:/:wario: + :dedede:/:ganondorf:/:jigglypuff:
4. theONLYazns (scorch + irisz) :mario2: + :link2:
5. TALLn'SMALL ($inisterB + 'daze) :link2: + :toonlink:
5. super computer (KA0SN00B + Lvl 9 Cpu (rofl)) :mario2:/:pit: + :peach:

Doubles Bracket

SWISS Singles (12 Entrants) $5 entry
1. Yakal *$36 :falco:
2. Rusty *$18 :ike:
3. Blue Yoshi *$6 :ganondorf:/:jigglypuff:
4. Captain L :pikachu2:
5. Big D :wario:/:dedede:
5. Michael BluFalco :falco:
5. $inisterB :wolf:
5. Deap :falco:/:mario2:/:marth:
5. 'dazrin :toonlink:
10. KA0SNOOB :pit:/:mario2:
10. Scorch :mario2:
12. Irisz :link2: (Forfeit)

"Bracket" is here for anyone interested.

Videos can be found here.
Yakal vs Rusty GFs p1
Yakal vs Rusty GFs p2
Yakal vs Rusty WFs
Rusty vs Blue Yoshi LFs

Stream can be found here

Unfortunately Sunday johns stole most of our intended attendees, but we all had a good time and I hope to see you all at the next BC Project:M tournament! :097:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Finally.

Well good **** everyone. Next time it won't be on a Sunday so more than half of the expected entrants don't dodge.

:D
shoutouts to blueyoshi for being forced into playing and placing 3rd.
shoutouts to landon for ragequitting
shoutouts to irisiz for giving me a forfeit win
shoutouts to yakal for amazing filty commentary
shoutouts to rusty cuz IKE
shoutouts to kaosnoob for entering doubles with a lvl9 cpu
shoutouts to Link dittos
shoutouts to bigD getting laser'd until 440% and losing our stream 6 viewers
shoutouts to mini-falco beanie baby aka gooby
shoutouts to sinisterb for jankily beating me and taking away my top4 placing
shoutouts to hylian, flyamanita and hylian for watching our stream
shoutouts to bigD for going DDD for one game after saying DDD is top tier and has no bad MUs
shoutouts to deap for getting chaingrabbed on stream by pikachu
shoutouts to michaelblufalco for entering and being the homie

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
. Neither Daz nor myself had any idea bracket was being changed into a Swiss bracket, and had pretty much no clue how to work it for a majority of the tournament. Results weren't even finished (not to mention countless errors), and made it not only unprofessional but a pain do deal with.
none of this happened

violence had that **** on lock down

also results are

not 123446 lol

shouts to my falco plushie that's a turkey

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
oh yeah i just meant afterwards it was incompleted, and there was a bunch of mess ups on the sheet

it's all good though

and kk thought so about the placings, fix'd.

Violence

Smash Lord
Neither Daz nor myself had any idea bracket was being changed into a Swiss bracket, and had pretty much no clue how to work it for a majority of the tournament. Results weren't even finished (not to mention countless errors), and made it not only unprofessional but a pain do deal with.
"Oh hey, Eric, can you do Swiss? Can you run our Swiss into bracket for us?" -Yakal

Seriously, I set it up and people took it over like they knew how to run it. I'm not the TO, I had just finished running Melee the day before and I didn't feel like playing or running this ****, but since you guys wanted Swiss, I figured I should at least run it while I was still around.

What kind of TO isn't responsible for or even in the know about the tournament format? I get that you guys were running the stream, but why are you leaving the responsibility of the bracket to someone else? Isn't that your responsibility?

I was right there the entire time. If you were confused about anything, you could take three steps and ask me. I'd tell some people the hold the **** on and give you the information you needed first.

I prettied up your results for you. You're welcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlfWeL_Tgu4NdGtVaEI0a3pkSXZFc0ZFUFF3QnI2X0E#gid=0

You'd think people would be able to handle a ****ing double elimination bracket with 4 ****ing entries.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Jeez, maybe I was a little too forward with my wording. I didn't mean it was a disaster or anything, but I went out for 2 minutes to grab food before we got bracket up & running and I came back to things being changed. Dazrin was busy with stream/other TO stuff at the time so he wasn't aware either. Things went smooth and we all had a good time, no problem there. And I did sort of figure out how everything worked anyways, not to mention you, Rusty, and others knew how to work it. But it just didn't really feel so great to have people ask us, the TOs, questions and not being able to answer them because we hadn't done this sort of thing before. I mean, people were interested in a SWISS bracket and figured some extra games would be great due to our small attendance, so we figured we'd just let it happen since everything seemed to be taken care of. (Which it was). Of course it's our job to know how things are being run, but our original plan was just a standard double elimination bracket. So Dazrin and myself weren't exactly sure how it was supposed to work. I had personally never heard of a SWISS bracket style prior, so it was entirely new to me and I was kind of lost at first, lol.

I was a little frustrated when I wrote up the results thread because things were messy and confusing at first, and I had to go over all the fine details with Daz to make sure everything was accurate, rather than simply being able to do it myself. I apologize if I sounded like a douche or something, that's not how I wanted to come off at all. We would just appreciate it if people could talk to us before going ahead and changing something like that, you know? No harm done.

Seriously, thanks for all your help Violence and I appreciate the results sheet.

I'll go ahead and edit the OP 'cause I feel like a total ******* now.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
"Oh hey, Eric, can you do Swiss? Can you run our Swiss into bracket for us?" -Yakal

Seriously, I set it up and people took it over like they knew how to run it. I'm not the TO, I had just finished running Melee the day before and I didn't feel like playing or running this ****, but since you guys wanted Swiss, I figured I should at least run it while I was still around.

What kind of TO isn't responsible for or even in the know about the tournament format? I get that you guys were running the stream, but why are you leaving the responsibility of the bracket to someone else? Isn't that your responsibility?

I was right there the entire time. If you were confused about anything, you could take three steps and ask me. I'd tell some people the hold the **** on and give you the information you needed first.

I prettied up your results for you. You're welcome.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlfWeL_Tgu4NdGtVaEI0a3pkSXZFc0ZFUFF3QnI2X0E#gid=0

You'd think people would be able to handle a ****ing double elimination bracket with 4 ****ing entries.
lol if you didn't want to run swiss then I would have been fine just making pools/bracket. I just thought since attendance was so small that it wouldn't be difficult, and you certainly didn't make it look complex at all and I remember you being hella adamant about swiss before so I thought you would have been cool with it. Say something next time instead of being so passive aggressive. I have already said I appreciate your help a ton so i'm not gonna say it again but telling me "yeah okay" the way you did certainly doesn't reflect this rage post you just made.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Not to be nitpicky or anything, but looking at the results ranks, the ranks don't make sense (5,5,5,5,5,7,9,12). It should be 5,5,5,5,5,10,10,12, according to how many wins they got. Scorch and Dazrin should both be 10th, Irisz should be 12th, and the rest should be 5th.

Sorry if this is being annoying or something...

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
That's fine, I actually had something similar before I was convinced to change it.

Thanks for the heads up, everything should be good now. However, according to Daz he beat Kasonoob, so placings will be fixed with that in mind.

If anyone else has any concerns, feel free to let me know.

Top Bottom