• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Well, after reading the hell above that was Mario Smith's attempt to stop this mod, I will agree with metaknight120 in saying **ck you too. What was the point of it anyways? Trying to stop a mod or reset their current progress so you can make your mod "stand out"? Go to your room and think about what you've done.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
flails when
Right
So Tails took a bit to kick up due to a lack of a model with fully rigged tails, but I am pleased to say that they have been implemented and I have even finished most of his animations that I plan on changing
However I am becoming unexpectedly busy lately so there will be a delay I cannot do anything about.

Since I'm sure you'd like some sort of update, here is Tails' Uair. The move will function similarly to Samus, Duck Hunt, and Dedede's Uairs, and it is based on Tails' ability to damage enemies above him while flying in Sonic 3. Creative liberties were taken to make the final hit more satisfying. His other new moves will be more direct references to abilities, namely things he did in Sonic Advance and Sonic Battle. With his two new air moves Tails will have better options than Sonic did in the air.

This move looks a bit similar to his double jump animation (also finished) so I made sure the two are more distinct animations by having his fists clench and his head turn for the attack.

Last edited:

3WeekHeadaches

Smash Cadet
If Sonic 06' 2 doesn't get announced today I'm going to convince the head dev of Project Clone to scrap Tails and replace him with the best Sonic character.
Maria.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
If Sonic 06' 2 doesn't get announced today I'm going to convince the head dev of Project Clone to scrap Tails and replace him with the best Sonic character.
Maria.
You ever just forget there were humans in Sonic other than Eggman? I wish to return to that bliss

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
nearly 3 weeks since the last update involving flails
over a month since the last actual mod update

we dead now
Holy crap crackers, you people are impatient (or sarcastic xD), these kinds of things don't happen overnight.
I'm sure it will be done when it's done.
It's not like there is a set schedule for the mods.

Last edited:

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I know that Deoxys is winning the Mewtwo Poll. But, Deoxys doesn't have a tail and Mewtwo uses it in many of his attacks. What will be changed for him?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I know that Deoxys is winning the Mewtwo Poll. But, Deoxys doesn't have a tail and Mewtwo uses it in many of his attacks. What will be changed for him?
Oh **** I thought one of his forms had a tail. I might actually need to restart his poll again
Edit: If I do, it'll be once Tails is released
Well it's a good thing he's the last one in the queue
In any case, Tails actually is coming along smoothly.

Last edited:

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
Oh **** I thought one of his forms had a tail. I might actually need to restart his poll again
Wait, so what you need, is an agile bipedal pokemon with a tail?

EDIT: Thinking about it, and reviewing Ampharos' learnable moves and comparing them to PM Mewtwo's moveset. If you changed all the move properties from that shadowy stuff to electric and make it a little less floaty, Ampharos would be absolutely perfect

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Ampharos legs too short, sorry.
I have some more in mind and I'll restart the poll when Tails releases
Feel free to suggest any other Pokemon with his proportions until then

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
If I may offer up some Mewtwo clone suggestions as well...
Golduck :055:

Pros
-Similar body type
-Can learn a few psychic moves

Cons
-May or may not require water effects for certain moves.
-May or may not require a walking/running animation (Maybe we could pretend that Golduck can float since it has an affinity for psychic moves? Or if possible put a water effect below him so it looks like its controlling/riding a small wave.)
-Finding a good Golduck model.

Possible Move Changes
(I'm going to try to stick to moves Golduck (and other suggestions) can actually use, but there will likely be a few exceptions here and there.)
NAIR - A single burst of water, similar to :4greninja: as opposed to the a multi-hit electric effect.
FAIR - Scratch, so basically the same thing but without the darkness effect, though Golduck can learn Shadow Claw, so it'd work just fine unchanged.
SMASH ATTACKS - Water Pulse, once more, mostly the same thing but with water effects/bubbles.
FORWARD THROW - Bubble, yet again same thing but with bubbles. (Golduck can't actually learn it, but you gotta take some creative liberties right? Mewtwo can't learn Teleport after all.)
THROWS - Weaker throws, since Golduck lacks the psychic capability.

NEUTRAL B - Focus Blast, requires a full charge to use, but packs a bigger punch.
SIDE B - Telekinesis, doesn't reflect projectiles but sweeps opponents up and launches them into the air above Golduck.
UP B - Copy:squirtle:?
DOWN B - Future Sight, has a tad bit more range than Disable but doesn't stun opponents. Instead it deals damage a few moments later, though opponents can block/dodge the hit if they have the timing down. So kind of like Crash Bomber essentially.

I don't know the first thing about modding so I don't know how realistic any of these suggestions are, so please forgive that.
Also, probably should've started with this, but I love the idea of the project and the way it's coming along, keep up the great work and good luck! And apologies for the slightly lengthy post/idea dump.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
EDIT: Probably should've taken a closer look at it before typing this all up, but it seems Magmar has a the same issue that Ampharos does. Legs are too short :c. WateredWillow WateredWillow , I really like your choice of Ampharos though. It seems like the best fit from Gen 2, and I'd definitely agree with Sceptile. It fits the body type and it'd be nice to get some Gen 3 representation. Speaking of which...

Sceptile

Pros
-Similar body type

Cons
- Not a Psychic type and knows no Psychic moves other than Rest.
- Based on the above, Up Tilt and some other animations would look super weird.
- May require "plant" (foliage, leaf, Grass?) effects for certain moves.
- May require a walking/running animation.
- May require other additional animations, objects/effects. (Likely neccessary for Up-Tilt, maybe Up Air, etc.)
- Finding a good Sceptile model.
- Tail might pose an issue.

Possible Changes
-A decent bit faster than and not floaty like :mewtwopm:
Forward Throw - Magical Leaf, same animation but with leaves
Up Smash - Leaf Storm, same animation but with leaves

NEUTRAL B - Focus Blast, requires a full charge to use, but packs a bigger punch. Or Energy Ball, a bit slower than Shadow Ball, but it travels further. Also takes less time to charge, but doesn't grow as large/deal as much damage.

SIDE B - Grass Knot, a ranged attack that trips opponents.

UP B - Agility, propels Sceptile in the direction held. It's kinda like Teleport but without the warping part. So I guess kind of not like Teleport.

DOWN B - Detect, it's a counter. That's it. Same animation during the counter window, but it would require an additional animation for the actual counter attack. Or Grass Whistle; same animation but it puts targets to sleep.

Feels wrong not to give him Leaf Blade, but for the sake of being a clone it's probably for the best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did say suggestions, so I hope you don't mind me posting more. Next up is Magmar :126:

Pros
-Similar body type (though possibly too short?)

Cons
-Not a psychic type and learns very few psychic moves (unlike Golduck who while not Psychic has an affinity for a decent amount of Psychic type moves.)
- Based on the above, Up Tilt would look super weird.
- May require fire effects for certain moves.
- May require a walking/running animation.
- May require other additional animations, objects/effects.
- Finding a good Magmar model.
- That duck/butt face.

Possible Changes
- Not floaty like Mewtwo
- Fire effects for Standing Jab (Ember), FAIR (Fire Punch), Smash Attacks (Incinerate), Dash Attack (Fire Punch again?), etc.
*Just felt like namng actual moves for the attacks even if they don't change the animation, etc.

Forward Throw - Ember: Same animation but with :roypm:
Back Throw - Weaker
Up Throw - Still a good kill throw like Mootoo's. Lava Plume, same animation but with explosive power, literally.

NAIR - A strong, single burst of flame, as opposed to the a multi-hit electric effect. Or a multi-hit fire effect.
NEUTRAL B - Focus Blast, requires a full charge to use, but packs a bigger punch. Or copy Flamethrower from :charizard:?

SIDE B - Willow Wisp, sends out a wheel of flames that deal multiple hits, but only travel a short distance. Or to keep it simpler (?), Psychic. Same animation but instead of reflecting projectiles, it serves as a command grab that deals lots of damage/KB.

UP B - Eruption, the ground beneath Magmar erupts with a burst of flame that propels it upward. (Magmar can't learn it, but I thought it was fitting, and wouldn't require a new animation for Magmar at least, while the eruption could maybe be taken from Ike. Once again, I don't really know how that works or if it even would, just a suggestion.)

DOWN B - Confuse Ray, a ranged version of Disable. Magmar sends out a small ray that travels forward a good distance but it is left open to attack during the duration of the move. Same animation but with a small ball projectile that needs to connect.
EDIT 2: I really need to learn how to mod. I'd love to help with this project and work on my own stuff, but before then I've got a lot learn about Brawl/PM and Sm4sh. Better get started on that then I guess. And once again thanks a lot for working on this metaknight120 metaknight120 it's a really neat idea, and it's projects like these that have really gotten me interested in the modding community.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
It was worth a shot I suppose. :181:
The only other Pokemon in that body group that could work, in my opinion, are Sceptile, Garchomp, and Goodra.
I think Garchomp would likely be more fitting for a Charizard clone and Goodra also has kind of stubby limbs so that probably wouldn't work out either. Whatever the OP decides on though, I'm excited either way.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I also apologize for posting so many times in a row with random ideas, don't want to derail the thread, so that'll be it for me. I let myself get too carried away with my ideas, sorry about that

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I also apologize for posting so many times in a row with random ideas, don't want to derail the thread, so that'll be it for me. I let myself get too carried away with my ideas, sorry about that
That's fine though perhaps edit your posts to include more instead of making extra posts

WateredWillow

Smash Rookie
I think Garchomp would likely be more fitting for a Charizard clone and Goodra also has kind of stubby limbs so that probably wouldn't work out either. Whatever the OP decides on though, I'm excited either way.
Okay, I admit, I'm a sucker for stubby limbed Pokemon xD
And I could see Garchomp as a Charizard clone, so fair enough. I had considered Magmar as a possibility too actually, but then I remembered how gross Magmar looked and I poo-pooed the idea in my head. xD
However I love the Golduck idea, I can see that working if Golduck was made a bit slower and less floaty than Mewtwo. Focus Blast is a great idea by the way, and if by, "... a bigger punch," you mean high knockback, then I whole heartedly agree.

EDIT: Just read your Sceptile readout, and I had Energy Ball in mind as well. As for your agility idea, that would probably work most similarly to Lucario's Extreme Speed.

Last edited:

someguy267

Smash Rookie
Just do Shadow Mewtwo. It seems the best fitting, and all you'd need to do for the model is make csps for one on the vault. You'd need permission though.

someguy267

Smash Rookie
We can't just blatantly put another model of an unrelated pokemon on mewtwo. Deoxys seemed to work because he had similar attacks, but had no tail. Ampharos would require you getting their model (most likely from pokepark) and rigging it on to mewtwo, and changing a lot of his moves. Golduck, would require porting his model from falco, and changing a ton of moves. Some of these suggestions don't even fit the character. Sceptile does make sense, but double jumps and physics aloong with some animations would need to be changed. This really goes outside the realm of changing a small amount of animations and moves, this seems like an entirely new psa.

3WeekHeadaches

Smash Cadet
We can't just blatantly put another model of an unrelated pokemon on mewtwo.
but you totally can
besides, im pretty sure when/if the poll gets redone, e̶d̶g̶e shadow mewtwo will probably be the most picked, even if its the most basic as we can get when it comes to a clone

This really goes outside the realm of changing a small amount of animations and moves, this seems like an entirely new psa.
see: tails

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
We can't just blatantly put another model of an unrelated pokemon on mewtwo. Deoxys seemed to work because he had similar attacks, but had no tail. Ampharos would require you getting their model (most likely from pokepark) and rigging it on to mewtwo, and changing a lot of his moves. Golduck, would require porting his model from falco, and changing a ton of moves. Some of these suggestions don't even fit the character. Sceptile does make sense, but double jumps and physics aloong with some animations would need to be changed. This really goes outside the realm of changing a small amount of animations and moves, this seems like an entirely new psa.
You've made some good points. I'm leaving it ambiguous which of the suggested choices I'll go for, but I am going to try and be careful about how much work some of these will take. Also, simple graphical edits are often a lot more simple than you people may assume. Mewtwo's down smash can, simply by changing a variable, be a fire explosion, electicity, or even ice.
but you totally can
besides, im pretty sure when/if the poll gets redone, e̶d̶g̶e shadow mewtwo will probably be the most picked, even if its the most basic as we can get when it comes to a clone

see: tails
Tails may have been biting off more than I should've chewed for this, but a release-able product is pretty close and Tails is an underrated character as far as Brawl mods go.

someguy267

Smash Rookie
I understand effects editing, but this is impossible for Sceptile as there is simply no grass effect. Yeah, Ivysaur has grass moves, but I don't actually think you can set something to a grass effect. Grass Pokemon will have to stick with the slash effect. Golduck could work with water effects, but so many moves would need to be changed too. Whatever you go with, op, that's probably the best choice. You know what time you have, so go do what you want. (Unless you go with the polls)

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Y'know, Mega Mewtwo X didn't seem all that bad of an idea. Though, I'd suggest doing a few more things differently. What if his Up B was Zen Headbutt, were he has a hit box around his body that launches, but only goes straight up? Or making his side B a projectile like Psycho Cutter instead? Or both? I dunno, I'm not the one puttin' tthe work in, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Edge Maverickz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-4137-3764
I know nothing of the pokemons and thus can contribute nothing. If it was up to me, I'd want one of the weirder pokemons, the ones based on objects or odd concepts. But those often wouldn't fit the role of being mewtwo clones so...

Basically, just ignore this comment entirely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom