• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Procrasticritter's Brawl Character Predictions

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Procrasticritter’s Brawl List

Well, since everybody else is making a list of character picks for Brawl, I thought I might too. I would like to say that I tried to make as logical, a list as I could, based on who I really think will be in Brawl, more so than who I would like to see in Brawl. Yeah, not all of you would like or agree with this, but I hope some of you do.

Mario Series- Everybody from here is essentially guaranteed to return. They’re simply too important not to…

Mario- confirmed
Luigi- shoe-in
Peach- shoe-in; +1 female character
Bowser- shoe-in
Yoshi- semi-confirmed, so basically guaranteed.

Legend of Zelda Series- Yeah, pretty much the Triforce is guaranteed to be back obviously, and they will add one other, since LoZ is an important series.

Link- Confirmed
Zelda (sans Sheik)- Too important not to have; +1 female character
Ganondorf- there will be riots if he’s not in it AND has brand new moves; +1 villian
Midna, Vaati, or Skull Kid, but probably not more than one of these three- There most likely be a fourth character from LoZ, and it won’t be a Link clone.

Kirby Series- 2 chars. already confirmed; series is important enough to yield a 3rd.

Kirby- confirmed
Meta-Knight- confirmed
Dedede- Kirby is important enough to have a third representative; +1 villian

Starfox Series- Fox is already confirmed, Krystal is essentially guaranteed for being original, popular, and a girl; and one other spot will be filled by the obligatory “Fox clone”

Fox- Confirmed
Krystal- nice potential for original move set; +1 female character
Falco, or Wolf, but probably not both of them- Although there certainly is the potential for both, (which I want to happen,) for some reason I don’t think both will be in. If they put both in, they have to be significantly different from both Fox, and each other.

Pokemon Series- I think Jiggs and Mewtwo are going to return; Pichu won’t, and one spot will go to a current generation Pokemon

Pikachu- confirmed
Jigglypuff- fan favorite
Mewtwo- sucked in Melee; still touted as the most powerful Pokemon
Lucario or Deoxys, one or the other- representative of the more current gen. Pokemon

Metroid Series- I don’t think there should be any question about Ridley- he was one of those characters, who, like Wario, we were expecting to be in the last game…

Samus/Zamus- confirmed
Ridley- Significant character, original moveset, expected since melee, +1 Villian

Donkey Kong Series- DK is as important as Mario, so obviously…

DK- Too important not to be in it
Diddy Kong- important character, original moves, possibly expected since melee

Fire Emblem- Japan loves Fire Emblem; America is starting to as well…

Marth- More popular than Roy
Ike- More popular than Marth
Hector or Black Knight, not both of them most likely- Fire Emblem is growing in popularity, thus it will probably have a third representative

Other Nintendo- For all those Nintendo games that were clearly awesome, but didn’t have a whole slew of Brawl-worthy characters

Ness- almost guaranteed; have to have at least 1 character from Mother/Earthbound
Wario- Confirmed
Pit- Confirmed
Olimar- Great potential to have unique and original move set
Captain Falcon- almost guaranteed; sole representative of F-Zero- which doesn’t seem to have any other notable character to include in brawl (Samurai Goroh is debatable; its a coin toss, and my prediction is that they won’t add him.)

3rd Party- I think the rest of the 3rd party characters will all have to have some very significant connection to Nintendo to be considered; Nintendo likes to pull the nostalgia card as well.

Snake- confirmed
Sonic- because almost everybody wants to see an epic Sonic vs. Mario fight…
Megaman- One of the first notable video game characters on the NES; good potential for moves; has had about a billion games on Nintendo systems
Simon Belmont- Very popular; another notable character closely associated with Nintendo consoles dating back to the NES days

Possible to Very Possible, but
Can’t make a definitive prediction about- These guys I could easily see in Brawl, but I can’t make an accurate prediction, so we’ll leave it open.

Little Mac- in the same boat as Pit; from an old Nintendo Game that many long-time gamers remember, and enjoyed. Same nostalgia effect as G&W in Melee
Andy (from Advance Wars)- possibility for an interesting moveset
Geno- I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want Geno, he’s very popular, has the potential for original moves, and is closely associated with Nintendo. I’d also be lying if I said he didn’t have a significant chance, because he definitely does.
Tom Nook- Animal Crossing, especially the DS one, was very popular. Nook was probably the most notable character from that series, and he has the potential to have some unique and funny attacks
Dixie Kong- could work teamed up with Diddy, less plausible solo
Bowser Jr.- Important, and he is a significantly different villain, with significantly different attacks than his adult counterpart

Total: 35- 41 characters

Well there you have it- my attempt at making a realistic prediction of Brawl final character list.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Pretty Decent characer predictions, though only thing that would make that list better is some Mother 3 character suggestions (mainly Kumatora)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is first generation. There's no way in hell he's not returning.

I have read somewhere that all first gen characters were definately going to be in.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I'm anxious to see how close I called it... I really hope they release info on new characters soon...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pretty plausible list, I hand you that.
I disagree, though, one some points.

1. Wind Waker Link will be in. I know that because I'm holding Sakurai's family hostage.

2. Fire Emblem is getting more popular, but considering the size of the rosters of the other franchises, I doubt there'll be more than 2.

3. Although I already mentioned Young Link, do you realize you actually give Zelda *fewer* representatives than there are in Melee? Doesn't seem likely.

4. Dixie can only possibly be in as a tag-team partner for Diddy, otherwise, she's just... kinda useless.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Pretty plausible list, I hand you that.
I disagree, though, one some points.

1. Wind Waker Link will be in. I know that because I'm holding Sakurai's family hostage.

2. Fire Emblem is getting more popular, but considering the size of the rosters of the other franchises, I doubt there'll be more than 2.

3. Although I already mentioned Young Link, do you realize you actually give Zelda *fewer* representatives than there are in Melee? Doesn't seem likely.

4. Dixie can only possibly be in as a tag-team partner for Diddy, otherwise, she's just... kinda useless.
Actually, Melee had 4 Zelda characters, my list also has 4. I just though they'd favor a newcomer from the series, rather than WW Link, who would be more likely to be a clone. I guess that one's a tossup.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Actually, Melee had 4 Zelda characters, my list also has 4. I just though they'd favor a newcomer from the series, rather than WW Link, who would be more likely to be a clone. I guess that one's a tossup.
WW link will not be a clone. in wind waker, the minish cap (and probably phantom hourglass too) he has a bundle of hugely different items (read as, "B moves") to choose from. he will almost certainly get in. he may even act in a similar fashion to roy in melee (no, not in terms of play style, i meant that he would be advertising a game that is about to come out....or has already come out, i dunno about release dates).

other than that, i really like your list.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well actually if you count sheik in melee (which most consider her to be a seperate character) then you get 5.

your list is one of the most reasonable ones ive seen yet, just a couple problems i see...

1) drop dixie, add k. rool. waaaaaay better.

2) i dont think both marth and ike will be included, although i acknowledge that it has the most chance of happening. i would like to see ike, hector, and (drum roll) soren in, but i dont think hector has as high a chance as id like, and i know for a fact soren has no chance. most likely will be marth, ike, and the BK.

3) finally, drop bowser jr and tom nook, and you pretty much have my ideal list.

Fawriel

Smash Master
As was said, it's 5 with Sheik, who doesn't have a portrait in the select list, but is just as much a different character than others.

And WW Link will hopefully be a clone, at least in terms of B moves. Link is, except for some of his A moves, an extremely well-designed character. All these different types of projectiles that can be used simultaneously lend themselves to a possibly great playstyle if the character's actually fast enough to make good use of them, and the items are some of the most defining of the Zelda series as a whole.
I hate the "clone" argument. In most cases, the aspect is purely cosmetic. Or do you want to tell me that Ganondorf and Captain Falcon are the same? Hardly.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
guys if everyone wants WW link in, why not add Fierce Deity Link, Deku link, Young Link in OOT graphics, CDI Link and Dark link?

That way we won't have to worry about why everyone wants every Link in the Smash series.

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
Predictions are...alright. But you putting some unimportant characters (i.e. Little Mac & Tom Nook) that will surely not be in Brawl is the reason why I don't take it in high regard. Plus, Zero isn't in it! WTF:confused:!? Heh, just kidding, though I'd appreciate it.;)

D

Deleted member

Good suggestions.

I like them. Except Midna.

I remember when everyone was doing these ages ago, maybe its cool again? I dunno.

Top Bottom