• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems on Windows Vista

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Well I used to play this online quite a bit using PJ64k but now every time I try and open a rom with it, it just says PJ64k has stopped working then closes out... Kind of strange, I am guessing it is a problem with Vista seeing as how I have never had that problem before. Anyone able to lend me a hand?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you try running it in Windows XP Compatibility Mode? I dunno if that feature made it into Vista, but in XP you could force a program to run like it was in 95/98/2000 by right clicking its program icon and going to a Compatibility tab.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah I can, I just tried running it in all of the modes available and it still didn't work. So maybe the problem isn't with Windows Vista and it's something else?

It's very hard to try to figure out this problem myself when all it says is "PJ64k has stopped working"

:mad:

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's probably one of the core PJ64k libraries that isn't compatible with Vista. Try as they might Microsoft can't 100% guarantee that all XP programs will still work on Vista :(. I'd try emailing the project devs to see if they'll be putting out a patch for Vista.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I wrote a guide on this exact issue a while back. Search the forum for my troubleshooting guide.

Top Bottom