• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem With My Wii...

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
I've done all the obvious. Changed the batteries, unplugged the sensor bar and replugged it in. Searched these forums for an answer.

Well the problem is, my sensor bar is not picking up my Wiimote's signal. My Wiimote apparently seems to be working fine, as when I press a button it lights up. However when I press that button, my Sensor Bar isn't there to pick it up.

I even searched up on Google to see if there was anyone who had encountered the problem and asked for help. Nobody seemed to have posted anything. Perhaps I didn't search hard enough, but I doubt that's the case.

I'm thinking the sensor bar is the problem. I DO NOT want to use candles, but is there a way to fix the sensor bar, or make a home-made one (until I replace it)?

Many thanks in advance,
Majora Zach.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
well my friend told me u could use two remotes as a sensor bar if you really needed to. It is no way as efficient but it will get the job done. I''m not quite sure if there's a certain way to position the remotes, but I'm sure you can search for that on google or something. I suggest try changing the settings for your sensor bar if possible or like try cleaning it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well the problem is, my sensor bar is not picking up my Wiimote's signal. My Wiimote apparently seems to be working fine, as when I press a button it lights up. However when I press that button, my Sensor Bar isn't there to pick it up.
Your sensor bar doesn't pick up anything. All it does is send out infrared light.

Is there anything blocking your sensor bar? If there's something in front of it, it could prevent the Wiimote from sensing the infrared. Or it could be a problem with the Wiimote infrared receiver. I highly doubt it's anything to do with the sensor bar.

Sensai

Smash Master
You're not exactly clear on this, so I'mma point it out like Zink did:

It has to be synced for it to work. This has nothing at all to do with the sensor bar, BTW. To sync, hit the red button on your Wii console and immediately after (while holding the remote close) hit the sync on the remote (near the batteries). It should blink for a few moments, and then it should be gravy.

Hope that helps.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1. Make sure your Remotes are synced. It may take a few times to get it to work, but it should work eventually.

2. If you have a digital camera, use it to look at the sensor bar. Most digital cameras should be able to pick up the infrared lights the sensor bar puts out. If you don't see five (if I remember correctly...) blinking lights at each end, it's possible you need to replace the sensor bar. Go to Nintendo's online store and purchase one there.

3. If all else fails, try calling Nintendo tech support.

Chip.

you know what to do
All I can think of would be that there is something in the way of the sensor bar and Wiimote. Otherwise, the whole "synching" thing might be the problem.

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
Just because it lights up doesn't mean it works. Did you sync it?
Yes, I've already tried syncing numerous times. As I said, I've tried out the obvious.

I've tried the candle maneuver and that seems to be working. I'm guessing it's the sensor bar that's the problem so I'll try fiddling with that a couple more times before buying a new one.

And Mediocre, I realized that the Sensor Bar only lets infrared lights out after a bit of searching. :p

My choice is set- I'm buying a new sensor bar. Thanks for helping everyone.

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
No one wants to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your Wii.. there are Doctors for this sort of thing...
You know, I'm getting really tired of that joke...

Anyways, I bought the new sensor bar, 20 dollars. It wasn't wireless, but oh well. I can play my Wii again. :chuckle:

FireBomb

Smash Lord
So it WAS the sensor bar ...? Guess the only logical explanation is that it couldn't properly send out the infared signals. That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Did you hit or drop it or something? Those things feel kinda fragile...

Top Bottom