• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact Final Smash - Calgary, AB (Feb. 3rd)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
We will be hosting our twenty-seventh, and final, Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash event on Sunday, February 3rd, 2008.
"Also, after we do a few more of these (or maybe even not) we should set up an official Team Calgary."
―kithkin, Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB
Let's have y'all down one more time to kick it with the Melee cast!

Entry Fee: $5.00
Date: Sunday, February 3rd, 2008
Time: 12:00PM
Place: 4436 Bowness Rd. NW (MAP)
Contact No.: (403) 869-3971

Indeed, we hope to have everyone here for about 12:00 in the afternoon. You'll find that the new Pro Impact House is a bit of a different animal than what you were dealing with before--but fear not, friends! Not only is it larger than our previous venue, it's also a heckuva lot nicer.

The $5.00 entry fee featured in this week's event has also changed....well, not the fee, so much as the prize. You see, having exhausted the entire Pro Impact Treasury and then some funding At Melee's End, as well as no longer hosting bi-weeklies on a regular basis, I no longer have a pressing need to shave a portion of the tournament's proceeds to cover the costs of running it.

Which means, of course, that it all goes to YOU!

P r i z e B r e a k d o w n !

1st Place - 67.2%
2nd Place - 19.2%
3rd Place - 9.6%
FFFFA - 4%

Oh, that's right...the first, second and third place prize moneys have had a whopping 4% STOLEN from their totals and hidden in the inner reaches of Fourside. Your only choice, of course, is to advance to the 4-stock Final 4 Free 4 All on Fourside to reclaim the stolen 4% within 4 minutes--only then can you pursue true victory atop the Pro Impact Podium.

V e n u e N o t e s !

The new house is actually a house! A one-story house that looks pretty small from the outside, but has a big yard and a lil' garage. Plus, it's on a road that's way easier to find than the other place. Approaching our door, you'll very quickly discover that we have 2 doors; I know, it's hard to believe, but trust me, it's not an illusion. We have two doors. No jokes. No mindgames. Two.

And wouldn't you know it, they're both front doors! You might be asking yourself, "Self, how am I to approach this house to play smash with all my buddies and pals...when I don't know which door to choose?" Well, look at it this way: if you were a pizza delivery guy...which door would you go to and why?

I'll leave it at that.

T o u r n a m e n t D e t a i l s !
I would like to run four TVs (unrelated to the FFFFA) but I only have two. However, I anticipate that at least somebody is gonna show up for this and maybe, just maybe, somebody and perhaps somebody else could bring a Cube/TV combo...?? Maybe?

Let me know:
Somebody: ______CHAD!________
Somebody Else: ______ALSO CHAD!_____
Here's the events we'll be running, time permitting:

• Singles
    • Pools
    • Double Elimination Bracket
  • Doubles
    • Double Elimination Bracket
  • Crew Battles
    • NorCal vs. SoCal Rubber Match....???
As per usual, things like crew battles are really dependent on turnout, and I hope that the slightly-less-than three weeks notice doesn't cause too many problems for everyone.

I shall post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below--might look familiar--and feel free to give me a ring on the number above if you need further instructions/directions/gardening tips, etc. I expect you all to bring your best...besides, Luigi would like a word with you.

If there's nothing else, I'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall) N
  • BackItch - (Chad) N
  • Valdemar - (Dean) N
  • =] - (Levi) S
  • M - (Allan) S
  • LemonLau - (Sid) S
  • Kithkin - (Brad) S
UNCONFIRMED
  • Neat - (Riley) S
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex) S
  • Chaoszero - (Antonie) S
  • Buddyvishnu - (David) S
  • xpiritflare - (John) S
  • DJT88 - (Jeremy) N
  • PKT92 (Preston) N
  • JAPMAN - (Sho) N
  • I T I - (Josh) N
Player Cap: 20
C: 7
U: 9
13 spots remain...

CCSC ROSTER
=] | ~.~? |BackItch | Bizzareo | BlueBlueGlassMoon | BlueInfusion | Buddyvishnu | Cappin' Wings | Casanoooova | Depressed_Brian | DJT | dreadheaddude | FalseFalco | FastFox | Fox Machine | Head Of Medical Operations | HylianHero | I T I | Jiangshadow | JAPMAN | JIN | K Lover | Kithkin | Koda | LeeSharpe | LemonLau | Lord Efrem | M | MagnuM | MAIN Attraction | MICH | MikeMonkey | mikeymoo | Neat | Newman | Nitrocidal | No Limitz | pibbers | PKT | Punky | QAZ | quickysilver | R.L.Prodigy | RJM | Seyasha | SHWN | Steve | Swipes | The Brown Thunder | The Prized Pig | Tyson | Valdemar | Venom Dream | Victra | XeroGravity | xlonesoulx | xpiritflare | Zeh Chopper

. . . oh, and spam the hell out of this thread. Srsly.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Nice Randall, moar crazy tournaments with crazy fontz. The Luigi hat waiving is cool, but who's the blonde ***** breakdancing?

DJT88

Smash Cadet
This sounds awesome Randall. My brother and I will try to make it altough I might have some midterms at this time so I'll have to get back to you, but I can't wait to see the new venue.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol definately.

Hey, I already know I'm just gonna have sheik as a backup, I'm gonna use the more fun characters.

Then again, if the new anti wavedash etc thing is true, it'd probably be freaking hilarious to cancel some **** with sheik.

INFINITE CHAIN MOMENTUMSS

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I'm soooo frick'n there.
I can even bring two tvs! (I'm not breaking my back bringing my third because it's just too GD heavy for one man, sorry)

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
lolk I'm coming

I'm buying my bus ticket tomorrow. Is friday a good day to come down Levi? Or should I wait until Saturday?

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I have Feb 3 off... but... I don't think I should come. I have other stuff I'd rather do.

But... I might consider it... if I somehow get enough motivation.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
John, I can't even remember the last time I saw you.

It's one day. Don't feel like it's wasted by coming to this tourney.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't consider it a wasted day. I'd just rather do other stuff. It's a sunday, a day where all my closest friends have off, which, because of work, I haven't hung out with them that much.

That was cold Randall

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Ouch John, ouch. lol j/k but seriously you should come.
Well I'm sorry, hanging out with you guys every second Sunday and the occasional other day (like @ Levi's) to just play ssbm doesn't really make you a close friend. Compared to say a friend from school, high school or even some of my elementary school friends, I've gotten to know them a lot more, hence they are closer to me. Like, all of the people I've met at the bi-weeklies (excluding Sho) I've never actually hung out with them to do whatever else and not just smash or video games.

Now, now, nobody's got any business telling me what's cold and what's not. That's just how us total ***** operate, what can I say.
Fine, act the way you want. Don't be surprised if I don't act like that too. I suppose this trait comes from dealing with ******** customers every day.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't understand why Randall is having a hissy fit about john not coming...Its only smash....Thats like saying that you HAVE to go to the game tourney in edmonton, regardless of what you want to do.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Whatever.

I'm likely available now.

So whatever, I'll come, if I can find the place.

Edit: before I confirm though, I need to talk to some friends...

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Hahahaha, well I'm quite perplexed as to when and where I've been having this hissy fit y'all are talking about. :) I mean yeesh, after the AME disappointments I suffered, it doesn't bother me either way what happens now. Hell, watch the Super Bowl instead if you want--it's a bigger deal.

As for the correspondence on these forums, I'm a little disenfranchised with it all and will probably spend the majority of my time on important posts, as it is hard enough to advertise a tournament without getting misinterpreted in tandem. Yes or no would be sufficient; it's not my problem if the internet can't post whether or not they're coming without carrying a bunch of emo BS with them.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Hell ill be coming to this.

Also, Randall your the first person I've actually seen post on a forum that clearly displays that sarcastic tone of voice you might expect to hear. Kudos to you if you'd like em, although I wouldn't take them cause its not that great of a thing to receive kudos for.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
So, to summarize:

John spoke his mind. Nothing wrong with that. Could have been done a little more tactfully though.

Randall... way off.

Sho... way off.

What is with you guys and drama?

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Well I'm sorry, hanging out with you guys every second Sunday and the occasional other day (like @ Levi's) to just play ssbm doesn't really make you a close friend. Compared to say a friend from school, high school or even some of my elementary school friends, I've gotten to know them a lot more, hence they are closer to me. Like, all of the people I've met at the bi-weeklies (excluding Sho) I've never actually hung out with them to do whatever else and not just smash or video games.
Ya I know John that's why I said j/k.

Anyways, I got into a car accident yesterday and I'm really sick :(, so unless I get better by tomorrow it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it to this one guys. Sorry Randall.

Levi5

Smash Ace
OH **** are you okay Jeremy? That's Grim. I hope you get better soon, north will have troubles with crews if you're not there =P [Seriously though, get better soon isn't just for smash]

Sid drama = smash brothers skills, don't you know anything?!?!?

kithkin

Smash Champion
I swear to god, why the hell would nobody just link me this when I asked.

I needed the adress to arrange my ride.

Now my dads gonna be pissed cause I have to tell him tommorow.

Anyways, I thought I confirmed a long time ago (first in fact)

Levi the way back is covered, but god****it,give me a link when I ask, he almost said no because I didnt have an address

kithkin

Smash Champion
screw reading your **** =D

Sorry to hear Jeremy, I was looking forward to being ***** by someone, cause I already promised Levi I'd beast him.

edit: lol cause nobody else can beat me, I'm the best in canada.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your concern guys, but I'm fine I'm just really sick, though my car has seen better days lol. Have fun tomorrow maybe I'll see you guys before brawl.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Is there going to be a results thread?

1. Levi ($35)
2. Sid ($10)
3. Bread ($5)
4. Chad?

Top Bottom