• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Diddy Vids: AZ(Diddy) featuring:ChuDat, Azen, Chillin, G-reg, Kirbster, Meep, Amy

arisu

Smash Rookie
First vids from the other day are up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2aBNYMCxWM
(AZ(Diddy) ChuDat(Sonic) vs Chillin(Toon Link) Amy(Lucario))-Beginning is funny, I start attacking chu for a whole stock because he matches other teams color)
Those matches were so fun! Of course you end up almost winning this one anyway... both of you are too good. Haha I love how Chu called you a traitor but it took you like a whole minute to figure it out for yourself. That's my man. :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, I've got 27 vids up so far and I'll be adding about a dozen more this week, including a few singles matches.

Samigi

Smash Cadet
Personally, I don't like your playing style....You keep the battle going on with the bananas when you could easily kill them....You throw bananas out too much when they can easily be used against you....

blueluigi

Smash Rookie
Personally, I don't like your playing style....You keep the battle going on with the bananas when you could easily kill them....You throw bananas out too much when they can easily be used against you....
Plus, he uses the peanut gun. The peanut gun.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I agree with you to an extent.

Alpha throws bananas mindlessly, and spams dash attack needlessly. It does less damage, and a simple "A" could have picked it up. You need to stop being so repetitive. Maybe try leaving them on the ground sometimes? Diddy has other moves besides his down+b and dash attack.

Other than that, good stuff I guess.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Plus, he uses the peanut gun. The peanut gun.
what? the peanut gun is awesome for gimping recovers, or just stopping momentum of someone charging at you alltogether. Its like Dr. Mario's pills, but they come out at an upward angle instead of a downward

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Funny story actually.

I played Peach in Melee and frequently when switching characters I would just accidentally press down B to pull turnips. So when I first picked up Diddy Kong, I wasn't pressing down B at all because I didn't want to accidentally be thinking I was going to pull a turnip (IE I wanted to break that habit). Not knowing that Diddy had banana's during the first week of playing, I never actually pressed down B, then one day I did it accidentally and honest to god I thought it was a glitch. I figured it out the next day, but I still left like an idiot for spending my entire first week of playing without ever having pulled a banana.

I follow a rule of thumb of always having two banana's out at the same time. In addition to this, I also follow the rule of thumb to pick them up with the dash attack as it leaves you less open and gives you the option to discharge the banana immediately if you need to. I try to keep the banana's grouped and I usually try to set up a banana on each side of the person, with this, you can pretty much dash attack through them, pick up a banana, throw it at them, dash attack through them and pick up another banana, throw it at them, rinse and repeat. Its an easy trap that is difficult for the opponent to get out of beyond them jumping, which is the goal for higher percentages when the U air kills most people after 140% if they are already in the air.

The peanut gun is sometimes amazing, other times pointless. Shrug.

More recently I've been trying to solve the problem of killing people and my new toy is learning combo's into the dair, so far results are looking pretty good and I might have some vids up when I get around to recording again (Amy lost my camera charger).

Top Bottom