• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Priority question

mrd52787

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first post, I just had a quick question. I was wondering if there is a guide or something of the nature that tells which moves Link's Dair has priority over. I just never seem to consistently his with it on some characters, like when I face my friends Zelda. It always seems to be a coin toss whether my Dair will beat his Usmash. Thanks in advance!

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Hey guys, first post, I just had a quick question. I was wondering if there is a guide or something of the nature that tells which moves Link's Dair has priority over. I just never seem to consistently his with it on some characters, like when I face my friends Zelda. It always seems to be a coin toss whether my Dair will beat his Usmash. Thanks in advance!
although I cannot answer your question as clearly as you may like, I will be releasing (in my guide) a priority list of each characters attacks and what attack prevails. Due to the fact that Zelda is in the middle of the tier list and will not be in my guide for quite some time, I recommend just testing it out for yourself.

P.S. There is a Q&A thread which this question could be put in, but since you're new here I guess I'll cut you some slack. Make sure to read all the stickies (including the rules) before posting. Oh, and welcome to Smashboards.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yes, welcome! The Q&A thread is at stickied and always at the top of the page, so feel free to use it whenever you like!
From what you're saying, sounds like they have equal priority. But Joe is right; test it out for yourself for clear-cut results.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hm it probably has something to do if you FF (Fast fall) it or not, how long the Dair has been out and which part of Zelda's upsmash is in effect. Most likely at the last few hits or middle hits and you FF the Dair, Dair will win. Another factor is how long the charge it. I don't know for sure though, it's pure speculation. And welcome to the boards.

Deva

Smash Lord
it's not a question of priority but spacing. Link's dair doesnt have all that great of priority. It can outrange a lot of attacks from underneath though, and even if it doesnt it can usually trade hits, and whoever gets hit by your dair will be much worse off, so they usually avoid the situation. Anyone that can outspace the dair though will always do so. Zelda's u-smash for example will always get through it, so dont even try it. it's better for characters that try to chase you with u-airs after a hit like MK. if you wanna try it against grounded characters that can beat you though with their u-smash or whatever, try randomly fast falling it at some points so you can get them before they see it coming.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how I ended up on the Link boards... Seriously, I must have misclicked or something. But anyway, its just a matter of disjointed hitboxes right? Zelda's Usmash has more range than Link's dair, so the Usmash should win in any given situation, that is, unless the Dair is offset to the side or something where it does outrange the Usmash.

All I know is the only other decent player up here in Idaho plays Zelda and the Usmash ***** me all the time, hah. At least it used to, then I figured out I don't have to approach from the air all the time O_O

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
The MK player would be safer Utilt juggling. It's hitbox extends farther from MK's hurtbox than any other vertical attack, besides Kirby's Stone.

Top Bottom