• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Primid, the Subspace Soldier, for Super Smash Bros. for Switch

Do you want Primid in Super Smash Bros. for Switch as a playable character?

• Yes

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • As an Assist Trophy, Sticker, Trophy, etc

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I looked to see if there was already a thread about Primid, and there is. But, that one was for him to be in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U. So, I guess I'm gonna take a risk. I'm still kind of new here, so I don't know how this works.

But anyway, Primid! If you don't know who he is, you've never played Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Plus, it's already confirmed that Smash for Switch will have a story mode (and Ice Climbers!), so maybe they'll return as the common foot soldier. If they do, and they're playable, what would their moves be like? For his moves, he could use items and enemies that appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Mainly, because that's the only Smash game they appeared in.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash - He charges up a punch
Down Smash - He kicks a soccer ball. The longer you charge it, the more flames, the more damage, the longer the range
Up Smash - He summons a Floow and they make the noise they always make. The noise that's really f***ing annoying!

Standard Attacks
Neutral Attack - He punches multiple times
Side Tilt - He swings the Beam Sword horizontal
Down Tilt - A quick kick
Up Tilt - He swings the Beam Sword diagonally
Edge Attack - He swings a Poppant on the stage as he gets back up. The item that the Poppant drops also does damage
Dash Attack - He drops a Bombed head.

Air Attacks
Neutral Air - He pulls out a Cymul. (The gray metallic enemies that don't do anything but spin)
Side Air - He swings the Hammer
Back Air - A drop kick
Down Air - A double kick
Up Air - He swings the Home-Run Bat above him

Neutral Special - Cracker Launcher - He pulls out the Cracker Launcher and starts shooting. It can shoot up to 4 times before having to reload.

Side Special - Sandbag - He summons Sandbag to aid him. He's on the screen for 10 seconds and drops items every two seconds.

Down Special - Motion-Sensor Bomb - Similar to Snake's Down Special except he doesn't bury it.

Up Special - Trowlon - He summons a Trowlon. This has great recovery and doesn't deal any damage. So, similar to Olimar's Up Special.

Final Smash - Subspace Fury - He summons a door from the Subspace Emissary and it brings the opponent to the Midair Stadium. Two R.O.B.'s set off a Subspace Bomb and does about 30% damage. But, this is only the beginning. After the Subspace Bomb goes off, it brings them to Subspace (obviously). Tabuu is seen in the background and uses Off Waves which does about 20% per hit.

Credit to Wademan94 for making the original thread. Here it is:
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-soldiers-of-subspace-primid-for-ssb4.335931/

Subspace Army
-crump-
SEGAGameBoy (Me!)
UserKev
Manonymous
portalmasterJ11
Wademan94

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Plus, it's already confirmed that Smash for Switch will have a story mode (and Ice Climbers!)
I don’t know where you heard this, but I can assure you it’s not true. The only thing confirmed about this game is that Inklings, Mario, and Link are going to be in it, and it’s coming out this year.

But yeah, Primid would be a neat choice. I think it would be better if he focused on the different weapons that the Primids used in Brawl, though (beam sword, boomerang, scope, fire attacks), instead of the “everything and the kitchen sink” moveset you’ve got going on.

I don’t think it’s a likely pick, but you can count me as a supporter. :)

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know where you heard this, but I can assure you it’s not true. The only thing confirmed about this game is that Inklings, Mario, and Link are going to be in it, and it’s coming out this year.

I admit it. I was wrong. It's not confirmed, but there was a leak about it not too long ago. Also, welcome to the Subspace Army!

UserKev

Smash Champion
I want this. The Primids are pure Smash characters and would represent the series at its entirety. I like the idea of Smash having its own character to. It'd be badass to see one of the return playable.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
If one of them is playable and if there a story mode, I want it to interact with MG&W. It would be fun to see that ! Also, having a OC doesn't perturb me. I mean, it was a standard foe, and Sakuraï loves to surprise us, so I like the idea (and if it's top tier, I would love to see Erika reacting to him).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey, so um I’m the one that created that Primid post for Smash 4, even though I initially created it as a joke as well as to work on my moveset creation, I’d like to be on the support list as well. Enlist me in the Subspace Army!

portalmasterJ11

Smash Cadet
Primid would be the coolest thing ever and it'd be the only playable character that would be an original smash bros character

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so um I’m the one that created that Primid post for Smash 4, even though I initially created it as a joke as well as to work on my moveset creation, I’d like to be on the support list as well. Enlist me in the Subspace Army!
You're added. I'll also be sure to give you credit.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Final Smash - Generator - His Shadow Bugs leak out of him and form 3 Generators on screen. Enemies like Ticken, Spaak, Mites, Armight, etc pop out and attack. Basically, the enemies do the same damage they did in Brawl.
I don't think that Final Smash is "straight to the punch" enough for Ultimate. (Which is a pity, because those standardized Final Smashes don't get their user invested in the action very well. For instance, Volt Tackle; in Brawl and Smash 4, you had to actively guide Pikachu around the stage to collide with enemies as often as possible; in Ultimate, you might as well put the controller down for a few seconds once you use it.)

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Final Smash is "straight to the punch" enough for Ultimate. (Which is a pity, because those standardized Final Smashes don't get their user invested in the action very well. For instance, Volt Tackle; in Brawl and Smash 4, you had to actively guide Pikachu around the stage to collide with enemies as often as possible; in Ultimate, you might as well put the controller down for a few seconds once you use it.)
Yeah, sorry about that. This was before Smash Ultimate was announced so, I do apologize. I should've updated this sooner. Kinda hate myself for waiting until now.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
I've been down for primid to be playable since brawl. I was also hoping we'd get an Ancient Minister Alt for R.O.B but I guess it will never happen. I can still dream though.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think Primid would have made a great character. I would give him an amalgamation moveset based on other Primid types. For example the Standard Special. Press B to spit out a fireball. Hold to charge, method like Marth's Shield Breaker, and he lets out a stream of fire like Street Fighter's Dhalsim. Down special could be based on the Metal Primid and work as a reflector.

Default palette is the regular green-ish Primid, the others could be colors based on the player colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, etc.

On screen appearance is based on the shadow bugs coming together and forming a Primid like in their intro in Subspace Emmisary.

If he was in, I could see him coming with a stage called Subspace. It would be a stage with random layouts based on the Subspace clone battle arenas in The Great Maze. As a Smash Bros based stage, it would have access to that My Music list.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not sure how I would feel if a Subspace enemy joined the roster, but it would be quite the twist if it happened even more so than Plant.

Top Bottom