• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prima Official Game guide Lucario profile discussion

pyro363

Smash Journeyman
looking for youko and samurai panda at michigan st
Hey guys its me again and i got the prima game guide and i want to share some lucario stuff so we can discuss.

First let's do a quick bio:
He is an aura pokemon. It is a combimation of both steel and fighting. It uses the attack wich is the aura sphere which is described as the never miss sphere.

Character rating:
Offense-7 Defense-9 Projectile-8
Final smash-4 Throwing ability-6 Speed-6

Special move breakdown:
Aura sphere-Higher lucario's damage the more damage the ball gives. An opponent can be hit will charging.
Force palm-Like a smash attack with longer reach but takes longer to execute. Can KO high damaged opponents.
Extreme speed-Recovery that dosn't inflict any damage.
Double Team- Counter. Attack of opponent must hit then lucario will teleport then counter.
Aura storm-Jump into air and release a beam that can be controlled. If a part hits opponent it won't do as much damage. Hit an opponent threw entire duration to get a KO.

General Stradegies:
Always keep aura sphere charged for attack. Don't use it as primary attack because the ball travels slow. So use it when you are close to an opponent. Force palm is good to use at close and moderate range from opponent. Use the force palm 2 characters away then attack with a fully charged aura sphere. He can also wall grab but really this stradegy is not that useful unless you have a wall.
Advanced strategies:
When you anticipate an opponent is going to attack use double team. If the opponent wont come close use a charge aura sphere to lure them in then lead up with a double team when they attack.

KO potential and weight class:
Lucario is one of the weakiest characters in the game when it comes to attack power. It's power is in it's special attack. But is also very hard to KO.

One vs One
Lucario actually does well with any group of opponents because of it's projectile moveset. Use the aura sphere to edge guard and keep a distance when fighting till a opponent has high damage.

Free for all
Only advantage he gets is he can attack mutiple opponents with aura sphere. Use double team if your surronded.

So what is there really to say i mean i think lucario actually got a good review. The problem though is with his rating he got no tens and someone like fox who got 2 tens got a worst score. Check them i made a fox prima guides discussion two. His bio sucked. His special move breakdown was good but it was two short for some parts but otherwise good. As for all strategies go they were good for a simple strategy. I do think they should be more imaginable and make a strategy someone cant think of themself. They said lucario was heavy and had a bad power but i think they got that mixed up.

So that is it now its your turn. Go ahead and talk about anything lucario. You can talk about the review they gave him, you can add something the add missed, or you can ask a question or just say something about lucario. It's up to you!

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
Lol Prima guide thinks Force Palm's grab is less useful than the actual blast <_<.

Chain throwing is incredibly useful.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Only advantage in FFA is aura sphere and double team? Force palm only good against walls?

This is why I don't bother reading game guides.

potshot

Smash Rookie
Haha, oh wow. I too picked this guide up. It was a fun read, but useless. The way they rate characters and what not is horrible. I honestly lol'd when they rated Luigi a 6. Imo, if they do make guides for games like SSB, they need to do it right.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
those guides are usually useless and a complete waste of money, those guides are part of the reason i found this site looking for good information

Milln

Smash Champion
I actually read the whole thing. The guy doing it is trying to have a demeanor of "i'maprobuti'mbeingcasual" And OUT OF NOWHERE he whips out "dair spikes" with Falco without explaining it, as if the regular gamer knows what that connotation is. XD He's silly. And I lawled at all of his "Advanced Strategy" stuff and how ridiculous it seemed. Like.. he just picked a move and talked more about it.

Everything besides the character profiles are at least kind of accurate.

Top Bottom