• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl- May 23rd. Large tournament- METAKNIGHT IS BANNED

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Metaknight is banned at this tournament. I am not setting this as a standard, I am not endorsing this for other tournaments. I am seeing what will happen to a large tournaments diversity of the top characters if Metaknight is banned.

Now that Metaknight is gone, I am putting Rainbow Cruise back on counterpick, taking Green Greens off again, and moving Halberd from neutral to countpick.

On May 23rd, I plan to hold a large scale tournament held in the Cape Coral High School gym. Hosting the tournament in the school gym will give us more than enough room to run a large, 80+ attendance tournament. We will have live stream set up.

Admission Fees:
5 dollar door fee
10 dollar doubles per person
10 Singles fee.

Cape Coral High School 2300 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, Florida 33991

Rule Sets:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• Any suicide kill move, (Dededeeasicde, Kirbysicde, Bowser’s claw) will result in a win for the player who initiated the suicide.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.
• Friendly Fire is on
• Life Stealing is Allowed
• The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Dave's stupid rule and Slob picks all in effect.

Stage List:
Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Seige
Pirate Ship
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino

All other banned

Prizes
1st place 50% of pot
2nd place 30 % of pot
3rd place 15% of pot
4th place 5% of pot

Registration begins at 9. Doubles start at 10:30-11:00 tentatively.
Throughout the day, food will be provided by El Primo Pizza, and delivered fresh throughout the day.
Hot Dog- 1.00
Slice of Pizza- 1.50
Dinner Salad- 2.99
Bread Stix- 2.99
Zucchini Stix- 3.99
Mushrooms- 3.99
Hot Poppers- 4.99
Cheese Sticks- 4.99
French Fries- 1.99
Side of Blue Cheese or Ranch- .49
Side of Hot Sauce- .79
20 oz bottle 1.00
2 liter- 2.99
Restaurants around the venue:
Cold Stone McDonald's, Taco Pancho, Jason’s Deli, Kumo (Japanese Restaurant)

More than enough Televisions will be provided, however, we will need help with wiis in order to have this tournament run smoothly.

We will be running Brawl Friendlies, as well as Melee and 64.

Attendance List:
01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. Emo^Wolf
04. VTEC
05. F-18
06. DewDaDash
07. ******
08. Cocaine
09. SlashDaSmash
10. CRASHiC
11. Dickbutt
12. New Weird American
13. Poltergeist
14. .Zip
15. Seibrik
16. NickRiddle
17. TommyG
18. Izzy
19. DC
20. Yummnybeef
21. Dfear
22. COSMiC Kenji
23. Tiger Diseal
24. wonderbread
25. J-who
26.Gamerz
27. Choice Cut
28. JSSN
29. JSSN's Bro
30. HRNUT
31. C.J.
32. CRUSH
33. Fuego
34. Gato
35. Seibrik friend 1
36. Seibrik friend 2
37. Seibrik friend 3
38. Seibrik friend 4
39. Co18
40. Verycoolguy
41. nevershootme
42. Flatsoda
43. B AWL
44. Volta
45. Abscent
46. Nine 1 One
47. Sex Puma
48. Stray
49. Axle
50. Tet
51. Time Runs Away
52. Cloudstealth
53. Bonesaw
54. Bigserg
55. Lupa
56. MC25
57. JDawg
58. Monk
59. XOMGNOWAIX
60. WindeX

Plus 30 noobs from local school that won't even make it out of pools but will still give you their money.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
We now are estimating 90 players from Florida, and are now seeking OOS players.

Avoid door fee by bringing your Wii and Smash. We don't need TVs, just let us use your Wii.

We already have 2 N64s set ups, 2 Gamecube set ups, and now what we need to do is start reserving Wiis. At the moment, we have 5. We need 20 to 25 to run the tournament smoothly with friendlies. If we get 25, 2 tvs will be given to friendlies from the start, if we get 20 tvs. Tvs will begin opening up after the first or second round. It is more important to me that people have a good time then promote an intensely serious attitude, so I have placed a bit of priority on friendlies and money matches.

If you mean from what time, from the second you register we should already have at least 5 wii set ups ready to go, as well as 20 to 25 tvs ready to be running.

We need wiis. No tvs, but we need a lot of wiis.

Luckily, we'll have people on security. One of the many advantages of using a school as a host.

Also, in order for a wii to be moved at all, it must go under the following rules

1. Wiis shall not be moved unless approved by me until the end of the tournament.
2. Once a wii is hooked up, the person who brought the wii will be given a piece of paper with a random code word on it, the word depending on the station the wii is at. To move the wii, the owner have, or say, the code word.
3. The owner must be present.
4. I must watch to make sure the wii is properly reinstalled in the new location.

So,

You set up your wii. I check the station number, look at my flip board, give you the password Pink Batman written down. Later, a wii on a larger, main tv broke down, overheated, or is hacked and a player complains about hacked wii. Me and the owner go to pick up wii. We go through the password. Move wii to new location, and the owner is given the new password for the new station.

This is something that worried me, and I sought to come up with the safest option to eliminate any chance of.

Top Bottom