• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
It's still too linear and the controls are garbage, combine that with the mediocre voice acting, horrible story and bland environments and you get a pretty bad game
Can we get back to Krystal discussion this time? If we can't come up with a topic, then would I be allowed to offer my Krystal Mii Fighter on this thread?

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Go ahead.
Okay, for anybody who wants a copy of my custom Mii Fighter, then enter Gunner as the type and United States as the location, and search for a Mii who's creator goes by the username "Necromancr", and you'll find it.

What does everyone who downloaded the custom Mii think about it?

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... And he also blamed that the reason the game didn't sell well was because of a "strong female protagonist"... He's clearly badly narcissistic and cannot take criticism at all...
Wait. seriously? What the heck dude. That is some narcissism right there.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Okay, for anybody who wants a copy of my custom Mii Fighter, then enter Gunner as the type and United States as the location, and search for a Mii who's creator goes by the username "Necromancr", and you'll find it.

What does everyone who downloaded the custom Mii think about it?
I'd give it a look if I owned the 3DS version. Can you post a picture of it?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Speaking of Mii Fighters, I have Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bruce Lee, Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Undertaker, CM Punk (Yes I watch too much wrestling), The Rock, HHH, and Jack Bauer as Mii Fighters

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Anyhow, who do you think was the best voice actress for Krystal, personally I believe it was Alesia Glidewell. If Krystal gets a new VA for a future Star Fox game or in Smash, who would be a good choice, (preferably with an Estuary English accent, since that has become a staple of the character, and the reason I specified about the accent is because my grandmother is British, and therefore I should know about the accents of the United Kingdom, but anyhow, sorry for the tangent)

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Anyhow, who do you think was the best voice actress for Krystal, personally I believe it was Alesia Glidewell. If Krystal gets a new VA for a future Star Fox game or in Smash, who would be a good choice, (preferably with a British accent, since that has become a staple of the character)
I liked Estelle Ellis a smidge more. They're both capable voice actresses and you can't go wrong with either in my opinion. For the next Star Fox or Smash? Give it to Alesia. She's been active.

Edit: LOL. I misread your question. For a NEW voice actress, I would pick Jennifer Hale.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Anyhow, who do you think was the best voice actress for Krystal, personally I believe it was Alesia Glidewell. If Krystal gets a new VA for a future Star Fox game or in Smash, who would be a good choice, (preferably with an Estuary English accent, since that has become a staple of the character, and the reason I specified about the accent is because my grandmother is British, and therefore I should know about the accents of the United Kingdom, but anyhow, sorry for the tangent)
I don't really mind although I'd prefer if Alesia just came back. Honestly I think the most likely scenario is is she was given Brandy Kopp, Laura bailey, Laura Landa or any other current fighters voice since they'd be easier to get, like how in brawl Lucas and Pit, and Zamus and Krystal shared voices

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't her VA the same one who does Zero Suit Samus in Smash 4? So wouldn't be easier to just rehire her to do the lines instead of someone different? I would however love the British accent to go along with Shulk's amazing accent.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Aww, good to be back in this thread. Been really busy the last few weeks, but I have to say it was a pleasant surprise to return to Smash to see that we have a new update and other things. Actually bought the Mii Fighter costumes! Well heck, I was going to buy the new 64 stages anyways and the Mii Fighter costumes looked interesting so I just got it all.

Anyways, so I've been playing again and quite randomly I decided to play with Fox on the Miiverse stage yesterday. I was really happy to see so much Krystal support. Best of all was that most of it was both Krystal and Wolf support at the same time. I'm proud that the Star Fox supporters can unite like this. There was some good art too. One that was kind of simple but funny was a drawing of Wolf and Krystal barking at each other, heh. Pretty much all the posts were clean and positive too. I thought Miiverse had changed! I actually found out later that it's still the same old Miiverse and I just got lucky in that Fox battle. I saved the replay just because there was so much cool shown in that battle, but then I learned that replays don't save Miiverse posts and the replay has different posts in it now.

The Miiverse experience inspired me though and just tonight I made my very own Krystal picture on the Fox support page! I'm actually pretty happy with it, and I'm someone who usually isn't happy with the art I make. It was on a limited medium though so I could only do so much. Perhaps that made it easier to not get too carried away, and the gamepad is pretty smooth actually... I always forget it's kind of a decent "tablet". But yeah, hopefully some of you guys and many other people see it and like it and want to vote Krystal. I might share it later if I find out how to access my Miiverse stuff on the computer.

Edit: Oh, btw, found my Miiverse post on my computer. Saved and uploaded it to imgur to post in my post!

Oh, and I guess I should link the post too so I can get free likes, lol~

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkVGYEIIg

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Aww, good to be back in this thread. Been really busy the last few weeks, but I have to say it was a pleasant surprise to return to Smash to see that we have a new update and other things. Actually bought the Mii Fighter costumes! Well heck, I was going to buy the new 64 stages anyways and the Mii Fighter costumes looked interesting so I just got it all.

Anyways, so I've been playing again and quite randomly I decided to play with Fox on the Miiverse stage yesterday. I was really happy to see so much Krystal support. Best of all was that most of it was both Krystal and Wolf support at the same time. I'm proud that the Star Fox supporters can unite like this. There was some good art too. One that was kind of simple but funny was a drawing of Wolf and Krystal barking at each other, heh. Pretty much all the posts were clean and positive too. I thought Miiverse had changed! I actually found out later that it's still the same old Miiverse and I just got lucky in that Fox battle. I saved the replay just because there was so much cool shown in that battle, but then I learned that replays don't save Miiverse posts and the replay has different posts in it now.

The Miiverse experience inspired me though and just tonight I made my very own Krystal picture on the Fox support page! I'm actually pretty happy with it, and I'm someone who usually isn't happy with the art I make. It was on a limited medium though so I could only do so much. Perhaps that made it easier to not get too carried away, and the gamepad is pretty smooth actually... I always forget it's kind of a decent "tablet". But yeah, hopefully some of you guys and many other people see it and like it and want to vote Krystal. I might share it later if I find out how to access my Miiverse stuff on the computer.

Edit: Oh, btw, found my Miiverse post on my computer. Saved and uploaded it to imgur to post in my post!

Oh, and I guess I should link the post too so I can get free likes, lol~

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkVGYEIIg
Great to see you back here again. We haven't heard from ya in a little while. Anyway, yeah it is true that Krystal and even Wolf has been getting a huge amount of support in the Miiverse. Other than that, it's also pretty much because of the upcoming Starfox Zero game and probably also because of the recent release of Starfox Command on the Wii U's Eshop. After the King K. Rool Mii Fighter(feel bad and sorry for the DK fans about this) costume fiasco, this actually boosted Krystal's chances a lot from what I'm seeing so far. But I have a feeling that we'll see more DLC content on the way for Smash 4. I really don't think that for instance they'll make Wolf into a Mii Fighter costume. I would find that stupid on Sakurai's part especially since Wolf was in a previous Smash game with an established moveset of his own. I also would say the same of Krystal. Think of the outrage the fans would get because of that. I also downloaded the 2 stages from the 64 era and boy was it quite a trip there. Oh BTW, I saw the pic you posted here in your Miiverse and put a Yeah to it. Even followed you. ^^ Speaking of that, before the update to the Miiverse, here's this pic I posted a little while back here that you should see. Hope you like it. This pic was taken from a match I had with one of my friends and I was maining my boy Fox.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah I saw one ostensibly for Sonic but asked to vote for Amy Rose.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah I saw one ostensibly for Sonic but asked to vote for Amy Rose.
Why can't people get it, Sonic will only get one rep, because it is not a Nintendo franchise, it's a 3rd party, sure Capcom got two, but their two reps are from different series, and if Capcom does get a third rep it will either be Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, or someone from Resident Evil
Anyhow back to Krystal

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Why can't people get it, Sonic will only get one rep, because it is not a Nintendo franchise, it's a 3rd party, sure Capcom got two, but their two reps are from different series, and if Capcom does get a third rep it will either be Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, or someone from Resident Evil
Anyhow back to Krystal
People can wish for what they want. I'm not giving up on Ridley.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Do you atleast agree with me about Sonic? I mean come on people, this ain't Sega vs Nintendo (Although that game would be cool)
Yeah, I don't think Sega should get any more characters (Nintendo should buy Sega cuz they have a lot of cool franchises). BUT ANYWAY BACK TO KRUSTAL! (this was on purpose because I like misspelling character names).

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Anyhow back to Krystal
But you have to agree that Sega has no other iconic franchises besides the Sonic the Hedgehog series. What other Sega franchise can you recall without actually deeply thinking about it? Virtua FIghter? How does it differentiate itself so much from Capcom's Street FIghter? We already have not one but TWO Mii costumes from the Virtua Fighter series. Capcom has Mega Man and and Ryu who are literally from Capcom's two most iconic franchises and some of the most recognizable video game franchises worldwide. I don't want to get into an argument but Bayonetta is not getting into Smash no matter how much you wish it. If Tharja's trophy was removed to keep an E rating, what makes you think they'd want to include Bayonetta? Alex Kidd is no longer Sega's mascot and is not popular anymore. Basically, all I can say is Sega has no other franchises to justly choose from because Sonic the Hedgehog is literally their only popular franchise (bar Bayonetta & Virtua Fighter but I already explained them). If I had to choose another Sonic character, it would be Tails because he's most likely the second most popular Sonic character.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
But you have to agree that Sega has no other iconic franchises besides the Sonic the Hedgehog series. What other Sega franchise can you recall without actually deeply thinking about it? Virtua FIghter? How does it differentiate itself so much from Capcom's Street FIghter? We already have not one but TWO Mii costumes from the Virtua Fighter series. Capcom has Mega Man and and Ryu who are literally from Capcom's two most iconic franchises and some of the most recognizable video game franchises worldwide. I don't want to get into an argument but Bayonetta is not getting into Smash no matter how much you wish it. If Tharja's trophy was removed to keep an E rating, what makes you think they'd want to include Bayonetta? Alex Kidd is no longer Sega's mascot and is not popular anymore. Basically, all I can say is Sega has no other franchises to justly choose from because Sonic the Hedgehog is literally their only popular franchise (bar Bayonetta & Virtua Fighter but I already explained them). If I had to choose another Sonic character, it would be Tails because he's most likely the second most popular Sonic character.
Monkey Ball...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Cripes, I'm aghast that Nintendo hasn't thrown together a Star Fox and Sonic crossover yet. Some may cringe, but I think it would work out incredibly well. They're all a bunch of cartoony, kid friendly, anthropomorphic characters that can be serious when the occasion calls for it. Their worlds are expansive and full of technology and wonder. Done right, it would increase the profile of Star Fox and introduce a Mario & Sonic at the Olympics that can appeal to more than casual gamers. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Sonic, Tails, Amy, to name a few, in a Sonic Adventures style game. Can you see it or is this idea ****ty and I'm kidding myself?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Cripes, I'm aghast that Nintendo hasn't thrown together a Star Fox and Sonic crossover yet. Some may cringe, but I think it would work out incredibly well. They're all a bunch of cartoony, kid friendly, anthropomorphic characters that can be serious when the occasion calls for it. Their worlds are expansive and full of technology and wonder. Done right, it would increase the profile of Star Fox and introduce a Mario & Sonic at the Olympics that can appeal to more than casual gamers. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Sonic, Tails, Amy, to name a few, in a Sonic Adventures style game. Can you see it or is this idea ****ty and I'm kidding myself?
Well if they can make Final Fantasy and Disney smash together, I really don't see why this wouldn't work. It just needs great writing with the characters (like Kid Icarus Uprising for an example) and a good focused gameplay, that would mix both of them in the way that it wouldn't feel like a cluster f***.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well if they can make Final Fantasy and Disney smash together, I really don't see why this wouldn't work. It just needs great writing with the characters (like Kid Icarus Uprising for an example) and a good focused gameplay, that would mix both of them in the way that it wouldn't feel like a cluster f***.
Yeah, it could end up good, but it could also end up reeeally bad.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it could end up good, but it could also end up reeeally bad.
It's always a big possibility, but it could also be something really good. I doubt we'll ever get to see it, it would either be a great experience or a fantastic train wreck that I wouldn't wanna miss.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Well this thread certainly has derailed from the main topic drastically, so let's get back to talking about Krystal please. Crossover ideas aside I wonder what the month of August will bring us in terms of Smash Bros. content considering we didn't receive any new characters in the latest installment of DLC. Also for some reason the idea of Wolf, King K. Rool and Krystal being revealed together as DLC next keeps weaseling its way into my mind like its going to happen. Although if you think about it Krystal getting attacked by King K. Rool from a pirate ship in a reveal trailer would heavily resemble the opening of Adventures which would be pretty epic.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well this thread certainly has derailed from the main topic drastically, so let's get back to talking about Krystal please. Crossover ideas aside I wonder what the month of August will bring us in terms of Smash Bros. content considering we didn't receive any new characters in the latest installment of DLC. Also for some reason the idea of Wolf, King K. Rool and Krystal being revealed together as DLC next keeps weaseling its way into my mind like its going to happen. Although if you think about it Krystal getting attacked by King K. Rool from a pirate ship in a reveal trailer would heavily resemble the opening of Adventures which would be pretty epic.
Would seem like "General Scales" had let himself go a bit after his failure in SF Adventure XD.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
The only way something like this would work is if Archie got the ok from Nintendo to make a Star Fox comic, which then they'd probably do the World Collide thing with the two like they do with Megaman and Sonic currently. It's been said though that because of the Mario Bros movie and how bad the Nintendo Power comics were, except for the one japanese Mario comic in it, it wouldnt happen, despite this it's been said by Ian Flynn or someone at Archie that he'd love to make one. Needless to say one of the artists did draw a piece upon Zeros announcement, which thankfully he has everyone in there.

star_fox_by_herms85-d8xoit9.jpg

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have an idea for a Star Fox game, First things first, the new game involves a new enemy not affiliated with any of the past enemies, and are a dangerous threat to Lylat. In addition, every character would have different gameplay when it comes to on foot missions.
Also the character's would have their backstories explained, in addition we will learn about Fox's family history, and why Cerinia was destroyed

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Great to see you back here again. We haven't heard from ya in a little while. Anyway, yeah it is true that Krystal and even Wolf has been getting a huge amount of support in the Miiverse. Other than that, it's also pretty much because of the upcoming Starfox Zero game and probably also because of the recent release of Starfox Command on the Wii U's Eshop. After the King K. Rool Mii Fighter(feel bad and sorry for the DK fans about this) costume fiasco, this actually boosted Krystal's chances a lot from what I'm seeing so far. But I have a feeling that we'll see more DLC content on the way for Smash 4. I really don't think that for instance they'll make Wolf into a Mii Fighter costume. I would find that stupid on Sakurai's part especially since Wolf was in a previous Smash game with an established moveset of his own. I also would say the same of Krystal. Think of the outrage the fans would get because of that. I also downloaded the 2 stages from the 64 era and boy was it quite a trip there. Oh BTW, I saw the pic you posted here in your Miiverse and put a Yeah to it. Even followed you. ^^ Speaking of that, before the update to the Miiverse, here's this pic I posted a little while back here that you should see. Hope you like it. This pic was taken from a match I had with one of my friends and I was maining my boy Fox.

Thanks Wolfheart!

Yeah, I've seen that pic before. There's this one Miiverse artist that posts Krystal whenever she can, like everyday. She did that one you screen capped and she did one on the same day I did mine, so yesterday. Probably half of the "support Krystal" art you see on Miiverse is from her I bet... probably isn't an exaggeration either. She "yeah'd" my Krystal pic, so that's pretty sweet.

Here's the one she posted just yesterday...

And here's a few I spotted while playing as Fox on Miiverse a couple days ago. The ones that featured Wolf and Krystal support. I had to dig around in Fox's Miiverse support page but I found them. Turns out the first two of them were by the same artist. The third Krystal looks weird, but it's the thought that counts. The fourth, well it's the thought that counts there too, heh. Saw them all in just a couple matches with Fox within a couple minutes of each other! I was pretty impressed. It inspired me to do my own.

Edit: Was just playing Fox on Miiverse again and my post was one of the first to show up! Guess it takes a day for the new ones to cycle on. Plus I think "yeahs" have an influence too. Had to stage a screen cap the next time my post showed up, so I did...

Edit 2: Okay, so Nintendo reeaaally doesn't want me to find a way to post a screenshot taken on the Miiverse stage anywhere.

Edit 3: Where there's a will, there's a way...

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom