• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
...What would our group title be? Something involving Cerinia, probably...

According to the Ninka leak, they have absolutely no idea if the supposedly cut characters are actually in the game or not. That's the whole point. They have no idea who is left in the roster, and Wolf STILL fits perfectly into the roster. Lucas and Ice Climbers are both somewhat justified to say they are cut, but Wolf was one of the last unlockable characters in Brawl.
So they said they don't know for sure that Wolf is gone? Okay, that's good news for anyone hoping there are characters left unrevealed.

Plus, if Wolf is in, Krystal has no competition for DLC from within her series. I'd rather she was the one on the initial roster, though...

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Uhm... I think you just nailed it. Ridley will be playable as a boss on the Wii U version only. The player with the gamepad will be able to play as the boss in a special boss battle mode. You just figured out what noone else has. Unless someone else already has...
Yeah, I think even Yellow Devil is playable as a boss and what we've seen is only the cpu. x) I know that's stretching it but it just makes since why they haven't shown a DK & Kirby themed Wii U stage, Ridley and why that big silhouette guy was at the end of Shulk's trailer. So I think the Wii U does have more playable characters it's just the bosses aren't considered normal fighters cause they're bosses. x) I'm sure someone has thought of this already. :)

I even think Star Fox may have a spot light and have a boss. I think it'll be Andross- 64 or Adventures version, Aporoid Queen or Pigma. :) It'd be awesome if in the Smash Wii U direct they confirm Krystal with some other Wii u characters that can be sent to the 3ds along with showing the bosses. The moment I saw the 1st Smash trailer I was shocked to see only 4 players on the wii u version. There's no way Nintendo isn't going to try to make the gamepad unique with a game like smash ;)

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
According to the Ninka leak, they have absolutely no idea if the supposedly cut characters are actually in the game or not. That's the whole point. They have no idea who is left in the roster, and Wolf STILL fits perfectly into the roster. Lucas and Ice Climbers are both somewhat justified to say they are cut, but Wolf was one of the last unlockable characters in Brawl.
hmm heres the thing if they don't know theres still hope for us they said they don't know so im going to say that krystal still has a chance also I don't see lucas coming back.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I could see Lucas coming back as DLC. I mean, he has a mostly original moveset already, so it'd be easy to include him and tweak him somewhat.

As for Krystal, I don't think she would be the kind of character to reveal just before release. Mewtwo on the other hand...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah, I think even Yellow Devil is playable as a boss and what we've seen is only the cpu. x) I know that's stretching it but it just makes since why they haven't shown a DK & Kirby themed Wii U stage, Ridley and why that big silhouette guy was at the end of Shulk's trailer. So I think the Wii U does have more playable characters it's just the bosses aren't considered normal fighters cause they're bosses. x) I'm sure someone has thought of this already. :)

I even think Star Fox may have a spot light and have a boss. I think it'll be Andross- 64 or Adventures version, Aporoid Queen or Pigma. :) It'd be awesome if in the Smash Wii U direct they confirm Krystal with some other Wii u characters that can be sent to the 3ds along with showing the bosses. The moment I saw the 1st Smash trailer I was shocked to see only 4 players on the wii u version. There's no way Nintendo isn't going to try to make the gamepad unique with a game like smash ;)
This is exactly what I feared. It doesn't directly impact Krystal, but the wasted dev time will have certainly spelled the end of numerous characters. It will be Sakurai's "love letter" to his adoring fans.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Since Sakurai has been going out of his way to put "boss" characters as stage hazards to deal with in some of the arenas like Wily's Castle(Yellow Devil) for example, I would love for the Starfox Assault stage(which has the Great Fox in it) to have as a boss which can either be Pigma himself already possessed by the Aparoids or the Aparoids themselves and they can start attacking the Great Fox as a stage hazard. But at the same time you can defeat them like the Yellow Devil. Also for newcomers that can be in as DLC, here are my choices from some of Nintendo's major franchises that has yet to get one that can work and here it is as follows who have been heavily requested by the fans and this is agreeing with the Cities's theory of marketing for SSB4 which seems very likely and the most logical.

-Krystal(Starfox series)
-Dixie Kong or King K. Rool(DK series)
-Impa(Zelda series)
-Ridley(Metroid series)

So what do you guys think?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Since Sakurai has been going out of his way to put "boss" characters as stage hazards to deal with in some of the arenas like Wily's Castle(Yellow Devil) for example, I would love for the Starfox Assault stage(which has the Great Fox in it) to have as a boss which can either be Pigma himself already possessed by the Aparoids or the Aparoids themselves and they can start attacking the Great Fox as a stage hazard. But at the same time you can defeat them like the Yellow Devil. Also for newcomers that can be in as DLC, here are my choices from some of Nintendo's major franchises that has yet to get one that can work and here it is as follows who have been heavily requested by the fans and this is agreeing with the Cities's theory of marketing for SSB4 which seems very likely and the most logical.

-Krystal(Starfox series)
-Impa(Zelda series)
-Ridley(Metroid series)

I would pay for all of them except Impa. Not a bad DLC lineup.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Guys should I bring up ninka did say there not sure what the rest of the roster is....:) where back for the last 9 days maybe on a highly damaged great fox but where still flying

D

Deleted member

Looks like Bayonetta has a Fox McCloud costume for the upcoming game!

Missed the opportunity to use Krystal, Platinum! :troll:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So among the new info from the latest Famitsu magazine was a list of every character officially revealed so far. And believe it or not...it's a problem.

Notice how they're in the same order as the leaked CSS? If they're using that order elsewhere...it really hurts the odds of them being willing to rearrange the CSS, meaning that any unknown newcomers would have to fit within it.

That actually doesn't hurt our chances much...but there's something else to consider that I brought up a while back.

Let's assume Star Fox or Pokemon had one character yet to be revealed. R.O.B. would move down a spot, with just barely enough room to fit (since we can clearly see the second-lowest row has room for only one more character as-is). It'd be an unusual move, since it'd separate retro characters R.O.B. and DHD, but not out of the question considering how Mr. Game & Watch is way off in the middle of nowhere on the top right.

Let's say they did want to keep them together, though, or that we had two newcomers from Star Fox and Pokemon combined...or perhaps a character from one or the other and then Bandana Dee, forcing Little Mac to slide down a row. Regardless of the reason, R.O.B. and DHD would both move down a row...and overcrowd the second-lowest row. Someone would have to move down...which raises another question: would they be willing to separate the clones into two rows?

If not, they'd all go to the bottom row...which would present other problems. The bottom row has room for four more squares, so they'd fit...but it'd leave the bottom row with one more square than the row above it, an aesthetically awkward move they might not be willing to do.

There's also something else to take into account...where would the Mii Fighters' square go when customizations were on? The menu screenshot we saw was presumably for customizing--one option to create a Mii Fighter, the other to pick alternate specials and equipment for characters. Wouldn't there need to be a way to select the Mii Fighters from the CSS, at the very least for if you wanted to play against a computer-controlled one? Because if so...they'd make more sense to be right next to random, which would fill the bottom row and leave a gap on each side of the second-lowest row that'd look just as bad. They could add the Mii Fighters' square to the second-lowest row, next to the Wii Fit Trainer, but it wouldn't make quite as much sense to put the game's create-a-character anywhere but last.

So unless Nintendo throws another curveball at us and turns out to be willing to rearrange the CSS after all, or will at least rearrange more characters that are their franchise's sole reps than just G-Dub, or somehow adds another column...it'd be very hard for there to be more newcomers. The good news is, Krystal would plausibly work...but she'd be up against the likes of Wolf, Sceptile, and freaking Mewtwo.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So among the new info from the latest Famitsu magazine was a list of every character officially revealed so far. And believe it or not...it's a problem.

Notice how they're in the same order as the leaked CSS? If they're using that order elsewhere...it really hurts the odds of them being willing to rearrange the CSS, meaning that any unknown newcomers would have to fit within it.

That actually doesn't hurt our chances much...but there's something else to consider that I brought up a while back.

Let's assume Star Fox or Pokemon had one character yet to be revealed. R.O.B. would move down a spot, with just barely enough room to fit (since we can clearly see the second-lowest row has room for only one more character as-is). It'd be an unusual move, since it'd separate retro characters R.O.B. and DHD, but not out of the question considering how Mr. Game & Watch is way off in the middle of nowhere on the top right.

Let's say they did want to keep them together, though, or that we had two newcomers from Star Fox and Pokemon combined...or perhaps a character from one or the other and then Bandana Dee, forcing Little Mac to slide down a row. Regardless of the reason, R.O.B. and DHD would both move down a row...and overcrowd the second-lowest row. Someone would have to move down...which raises another question: would they be willing to separate the clones into two rows?

If not, they'd all go to the bottom row...which would present other problems. The bottom row has room for four more squares, so they'd fit...but it'd leave the bottom row with one more square than the row above it, an aesthetically awkward move they might not be willing to do.

There's also something else to take into account...where would the Mii Fighters' square go when customizations were on? The menu screenshot we saw was presumably for customizing--one option to create a Mii Fighter, the other to pick alternate specials and equipment for characters. Wouldn't there need to be a way to select the Mii Fighters from the CSS, at the very least for if you wanted to play against a computer-controlled one? Because if so...they'd make more sense to be right next to random, which would fill the bottom row and leave a gap on each side of the second-lowest row that'd look just as bad. They could add the Mii Fighters' square to the second-lowest row, next to the Wii Fit Trainer, but it wouldn't make quite as much sense to put the game's create-a-character anywhere but last.

So unless Nintendo throws another curveball at us and turns out to be willing to rearrange the CSS after all, or will at least rearrange more characters that are their franchise's sole reps than just G-Dub, or somehow adds another column...it'd be very hard for there to be more newcomers. The good news is, Krystal would plausibly work...but she'd be up against the likes of Wolf, Sceptile, and freaking Mewtwo.
Actually, this confirms it for me, the characters will be rearranged.

You forgot about Lucina. In the leaked CSS, the clones are at the bottom. In the listing above... Lucina is RIGHT AFTER ROBIN.

Thank you for posting that, its very helpful. I think the roster will extend to 10 wide and the clones will meet up with their franchises up top. There's only one franchise that would have to move, Pokemon, and they've moved in the past; in Melee.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

it leaves 5 slots so lets think 1 pokemon newcomer/mewto,metroid newcomer,krystal and wolf,and a dk newcomer.....hmm it would work....

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I've got it, The trophy does in fact have a reason for being in smash 3ds.

Its an alt for krystal.

listen, her main one is adventures, (or possibly command, or both) and assault Is her alt.

And want is even more true is that we have seen. Does anyone remember a pic a while back that happened to show one of the koopa kids inside a clown car (pic plz)? well according to the leaker he's an alt on BJ. So if the leaker is 100% true, there is a good chance krystal is coming to smash 4.

Don't get hype at the same time get very hype

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

Its an alt for krystal.

listen, her main one is adventures, (or possibly command, or both) and assault Is her alt.

And want is even more true is that we have seen. Does anyone remember a pic a while back that happened to show one of the koopa kids inside a clown car (pic plz)? well according to the leaker he's an alt on BJ. So if the leaker is 100% true, there is a good chance krystal is coming to smash 4.

hmm 8 skins for each character so krystal will most likely have a new outfit but alts will be assault and adventures (Since it will likely be based on command for her default) and then will have 6 color things so yeah you might be right

D

Deleted member

hmm 8 skins for each character so krystal will most likely have a new outfit but alts will be assault and adventures (Since it will likely be based on command for her default) and then will have 6 color things so yeah you might be right
I already beat Sakurai to the punch with alt colors for Krystal :troll:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Its an alt for krystal.

I wouldn't be so sure. We've had plenty of alternate appearances for characters that didn't have them as alternate costumes, and even then, it doesn't explain why the trophy we saw doesn't have (Assault) in its name.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Who's cities and what theory?
Well, the theory has been recently revised. The link to the closed thread represents an outdated version of the theory. Basically, all of the pointers and explanations in that thread remain the same--or at least varied slightly to better fit the new conclusion. The only major thing that was changed was the conclusion.

Here's an abridged, extra-clarified version of the revised marketing theory (now that I've had a long time to mentally process it):

(Disclaimers and reasons for this post are in the bottom 3 paragraphs, in case this might cause trouble for the mods due to it being potentially off-topic)

First of all, all of the characters that appear on the 3DS will appear on the Wii U version. However, the Wii U version will feature a few more characters that weren't released with the 3DS version. The reason? Manipulating/changing the marketing impact of the Wii U version on various consumer bases.

Now before you might jump the gun, both versions will have the same roster--or at least, the ability to have the same roster.

Under this theory, the Wii U version starts with the absolute full roster. The 3DS version is more of a taste of Smash 4--although it features most of the absolute full roster when it releases.

But then, we often speculate about pure standalone DLC for both versions--and that both versions' rosters will explicitly be the same when they release. We cite Sakurai, and what Sakurai said about "both versions featuring the same characters" can be pointed to contradict my theory--yet I persist. Why do I persist, even after knowing well what Sakurai has said? It would require something drastic and unexpected to shake up our idea of what will happen, regarding DLC and how it will be handled.

And DLC is the key. However, it will be handled in a way that not many of us may ever suspect.

Here's the trick: The extra characters featured with the Wii U roster will be DLC for the 3DS version. They've been undoubtedly programmed to be compatible with the 3DS version via DLC, but they were only "held back" to be featured with the Wii U version, initially. That's correct, the marketing theory dictates that this would all be on purpose by Nintendo. It's all a big marketing ploy that would ultimately shift the limelight onto the Wii U version--but allowing, at first, the 3DS version to have all of the attention.

Now, why would Nintendo do this? For the following, you have to consider marketing to the general consumer base, not just us avid Smash fans. We'd be self-centered and foolish if we thought Nintendo only markets to us. Of course, we have an impact--our voice. However, we obviously aren't a singular constitution by which Nintendo bends. There are many outside factors.

Now, again, why would Nintendo do this? It could easily be seen as outlandish of someone to propose such an idea--especially from one of us speculators.

To the answers of the question at hand...

Many reasons:
  1. When the Wii U version releases, the 3DS version will have already been out for 2-3 months. The question here is... how would Nintendo keep the general consumer-base interest alive for the Wii U version when it has expended itself on the 3DS version for 2-3 months?
  2. Standalone DLC wouldn't be able to create an effective marketing impact, by itself. It would need the proper facilitation--one which has been proposed by this theory. Use DLC to grant options to the consumer base (which will be explained in a bit), but at the same time using it to promote the marketing of the Wii U version.
  3. It would be a massive surprise. Nintendo probably knows how we would react to the release of the 3DS version: "welp, that's all the characters, folks. Time to speculate about DLC now." However, once they reveal that there would be more characters alongside the Wii U version, we'd be like: "holy ****! OMGWTFBBQ Ninty iz big troll! HYYYYPEE!"
  4. This reason ties in with the 3rd. Not only will our reaction be worth it for Sakurai, but think about what our reaction would entail for the larger picture. The commotion we'd cause would shift a lot of attention on Smash Brothers--in many venues. The best part? All of the attention would be focused on the version they'd be pushing to sell at the time. Guess what that version is? The Wii U version. Bingo, Nintendo. Wii U needing a boost in console sales or attention? Give it the limelight of surprise! It's genius marketing.
  5. "Holla holla get dolla." - Nintendo, 2014.
  6. A Nintendo-esque change to the approach and use of DLC in the gaming industry. It'd pioneer a new way to use DLC. The change focuses on the communication and connections between multiple consoles. Sakurai has stressed the importance of cross-platform communication within his various interviews within the past 3 years. The thing is, we have yet to know how both versions of Sm4sh will communicate. Sakurai has said that there would be cross-platform communications, but he also said that "I'll get into detail about those at a later date." Again, he has not detailed these connections yet. I wonder what they will entail...
Alright, now this is probably what you have been waiting for. What would be the options for us consumers within this scenario? You see, these options prove that the extra characters featured on the Wii U version would not be exclusive to the Wii U. This is important because it obviates the potential consumer backlash Nintendo would receive if they made the extra characters exclusive. Again, these extra characters will not be exclusive to the Wii U alone.

I see three options, depending on where you "sit":
  1. You have purchased only the 3DS version. For reasons, you've decided against buying both versions. One more time, you don't own the Wii U version of Sm4sh. I've actually touched upon this option earlier. In this case, you would be able to get the extra characters featured alongside the Wii U version as DLC for your 3DS version. Whether it would cost money or not is up to Nintendo. Since this theory is based in marketing, I'd expect it to cost a little bit of money, just not as much money as it would take to get both the Wii U and the Wii U version of Smash (or even just the Wii U version alone, if you already own a Wii U).
  2. You have purchased both versions. Again, you own Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS. In this case, you would not have to resort to potentially paid DLC to get the extra characters on your 3DS version. You would be able to connect your Wii U and 3DS versions together to transmit the extra characters to your 3DS version. In this case, you'd have already gone through with the "dirty work" of buying both versions, so you wouldn't need to pay more money just to get the characters on your 3DS version. I'd assume that the transferable data would either be profile locked, or locked to be downloaded just once--this way transfers won't become abused.
  3. You have waited to buy Smash 4. You wanted to know which version to get, because it was in your better interest to buy only one version of Sm4sh. In this case, which version would you be willing to buy, after finally knowing what is in either version? It's a tough call. If you're interested in portability, and you're okay with DLC, you could get the 3DS version. However, in this instance, the version with the most influence over people's interests would probably be the Wii U version--it starts with the absolute full roster. GG WP, Nintendo, giving the indecisive consumers incentive to purchase the Wii U version, if they are patient and only want one version. I'm talking about you, parents. It's just another hidden motive to bolster the Wii U's sales.
By the way, I think I've finally recalled something interesting. I'm not sure if many people remember, but Sakurai was crushed with how Brawl was handled. He did not get the satisfaction, in his eyes, of surprising us Smashers with Brawl--due to the rampart sharing of SSE cutscenes on YouTube, and abundant leaks. See where I'm going with this? It's crucial that you do.

It gives Sakurai potential motive to find a way to truly surprise us. Now, this sort of marketing would achieve just that.

By the way, I forgot to mention...

You know the leaks we've had? They're all for the 3DS version. They are all playtester leaks, of sorts, for the 3DS version only. Where are the Wii U leaks...? Oh, that's right, they're not out yet. No one has been given official playtester builds of the Wii U version, yet. Until then, do not believe any Wii U information you may hear.

I've stated, numerous times, that the marketing theory dictated our potential, inevitable "disappointment" with the 3DS version's roster (what with it not containing newcomers from some bigger franchises like Star Fox, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, and Kirby). This way, it sets the stage up for a big surprise. The surprise being the remaining Sm4sh characters to be featured alongside the Wii U version. It would cause the infamous "Crashboards" to reappear for, like, weeks. It'd be that big.

Now...

These leaks don't phase Sakurai's goal. Want to know why? In the end, the impact of the 3DS roster on us speculators would have been the same: We'd be potentially disappointed--at least, at first (which is what is already happening to many Smash speculators, undoubtedly). We'd inevitably accept the "reality", of course. However, just when we accept the "reality" of the 3DS roster, that "reality" get smashed by Sakurai. The real surprise, then, ensues. Afterward, all potential marketing goals of Nintendo would fall into place...

Even with these leaks, Sakurai will still achieve his goal of surprising us. The man would be genius to set up an inevitable systematic surprise like this.

In the end, trial for the marketing theory has not commenced. We're waiting for the critical time:

The time between the release of the 3DS version and the Wii U version. This is the time frame where Sakurai will finally shed light on the Wii U version. The reason why they have kept the Wii U version in the dark is to keep the attention on the 3DS version--to influence people to purchase it because it appears to be the most desirable version at the time. Any Wii U information while they push to market the 3DS version would only serve to stymie Nintendo's intentions.

Anyways, this time frame (the 2-3 months between both versions' releases) could easily make or break the marketing theory. All we can do is wait.

As for the characters that would be featured alongside the Wii U version, well...

I expect them to mostly appear from the major franchises that have yet to receive a newcomer. These franchises, mentioned before, are Star Fox, Metroid, Kirby, Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

Hence, Krystal's chance (Star Fox). Also, it's sort of why the theory was born a while ago on this thread. Funny to see it still alive, and how it's evolved over time...

Anyways, with all of the above said, I still consider the old thread worth the read. It will give you good insight behind the thought process of the marketing theory, and how it has changed over time (even though the thread was closed due to the lack of substantial evidence). However, it is a theory--it will delve into a hypothetical look at Nintendo's marketing choices. Of course it's not going to have much substantial evidence (if any), because Nintendo won't simply tell us their marketing strategies--that'd be stupid of them:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-feature-different-hidden-characters.365209/

This will probably be the last time I post about this theory (unless something big happens within the next few months). Instead, for anyone who has questions, I will use this post as a reference (I encourage others to do the same with this post, instead of just linking them to the thread alone). The theory has been revised since the thread, and I found it necessary to keep everyone up-to-date. Linking the thread alone does this theory no justice, since it is an outdated link. Also, due to the thread being closed, there's no way I can update the theory there--it will remain with the older conclusion.

Lastly, it's just a theory. It has a chance to happen. I'm not claiming it will happen. Of course, there's always the chance of simple DLC for both versions to happen. It depends on what Nintendo has planned.

Alright, now back to the topic at hand: Krystal.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
as much as i want krystal in the recent leak videos showed trophies. it showed a wario character trophy showing what the character trophies are like and it showed other trophies and krystal had a trophy and it was not a character trophy. sorry guys. She was in my top 3 wish list characters.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
as much as i want krystal in the recent leak videos showed trophies. it showed a wario character trophy showing what the character trophies are like and it showed other trophies and krystal had a trophy and it was not a character trophy. sorry guys. She was in my top 3 wish list characters.
We've known about that picture for a couple weeks now. We're also not convinced it rules her out 100%.

We've seen other Star Fox characters get trophies of their appearances from specific games before, so it's not out of the question that Krystal could be playable and also have her Assault version as a different trophy. Those other trophies' descriptions had no continuity with the trophies of their playable forms, meaning the description of the Krystal trophy we saw doesn't hurt her chances at all. There's also the fact that Sakurai said in a PotD a few months ago that the trophies on the 3DS version would be mostly from handheld games...and yet Krystal's using her appearance from Assault, a console game, a move that seems suspicious. What does throw a wrench in things is the fact that trophy doesn't specify a specific appearance like how the others did in previous games--Fox (Assault), Falco (Command), etc. Our only shot then is if they don't specify the appearance until you unlock her...which is unlikely, but possible.

There's one other thing to consider, though: that trophy could be for her playable form. The trophy descriptions have been more freeform than in previous games, and so the fact that the description doesn't mention how she fights isn't necessarily damning evidence against her. Her trophy number may be very late, when the ones for playable characters have always been right at the front...except not anymore because we also got a screenshot of Wario's trophy and his number is even later. It'd also explain why she'd be using her Assault appearance: it's her most well known one aside from the tribal outfit from Adventures, something that might've been seen as a little too sensual to be the default costume in an E10-rated game. There's a problem with this theory, though: even though the trophy model could plausibly be based on new, official art for SSB4 like how all the playable characters have had new art, it's missing the biggest key to her inclusion: her staff. That staff is the reason her moveset potential is so high and why many people want her in Smash as the series' first agile spellcaster...and yet it's missing in the trophy model while every playable character that uses a weapon is shown wielding it in their official art. If that was her playable form, it'd likely mean she got in despite not using her biggest asset toward being a unique character...and one of the main reasons she'd have been considered in the first place.

There's a lot we still don't know yet, and even if Krystal's not in the 3DS version, she's not dead in the water unless she's an Assist Trophy or a background element in a stage. @ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 may be on to something with his theory and she may be a delayed newcomer that debuts in the Wii U version. Even if that fails, though, Smash DLC is a very real possibility now that Mario Kart 8 is getting such comprehensive DLC itself. Krystal's only drawback is her lack of relevance...but the new Star Fox game comes out next year, and as long as she plays a role in the game, that drawback would no longer exist. If they did create a DLC pack to celebrate Star Fox's return to the limelight, and they did decide to include a newcomer with it, Krystal would be the best choice hands down because of how effortlessly she could be made distinct from the rest of the cast.

Wow, I can't say I expected that reply to become an essay. >_>

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Same thing with fox and falco they had assault trophies so no it doesn't hurt us.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie

-Krystal(Starfox series)
-Impa(Zelda series)
-Ridley(Metroid series)

If that's true I think everyone would be happy :D (except the Krystal hate base:troll:) xD and not to be biased but I really think DK deserves both even though I want Dixie the most. :)

Looks like Bayonetta has a Fox McCloud costume for the upcoming game!

Missed the opportunity to use Krystal, Platinum! :troll:

I have moral standards so I'd never play that game but if I did that Fox costume would've been mistaken as her default costume by how much I'd use it..:awesome: They really missed the opportunity use Krystal but once again, there's always DLC xD

I already beat Sakurai to the punch with alt colors for Krystal :troll:

Yay! I was waiting for someone to do this :D xD It'd e so cool if she had her alts from assault!! :D I also think it'd be super cool if Krystal were able to sheathe her staff from behind her like Fox can in Adventures when he needed to be hands-free. :)

Looking at the CSS, Does anyone else find it odd that Falco's background color is green or greenish. O.o It's like Fox and Falco should swap background colors so it'd better suit the two imo.. o.o'

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
If that's true I think everyone would be happy :D (except the Krystal hate base:troll:) xD and not to be biased but I really think DK deserves both even though I want Dixie the most. :)

I have moral standards so I'd never play that game but if I did that Fox costume would've been mistaken as her default costume by how much I'd use it..:awesome: They really missed the opportunity use Krystal but once again, there's always DLC xD

Yay! I was waiting for someone to do this :D xD It'd e so cool if she had her alts from assault!! :D I also think it'd be super cool if Krystal were able to sheathe her staff from behind her like Fox can in Adventures when he needed to be hands-free. :)

Looking at the CSS, Does anyone else find it odd that Falco's background color is green or greenish. O.o It's like Fox and Falco should swap background colors so it'd better suit the two imo.. o.o'
I'm really digging the Fox mcCloud costume they gave for Bayonetta. I may very well get Bayonetta 2 which comes with the first game. After all, Platinum Games has a good library of games I've played like Madworld, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Wonderful 101. Strange that they didn't go with a Krystal costume for her. It would have worked there. But oh well, I'm glad that the Starfox series is getting the attention it really needs. Very likely we'll have some more on it for SSB4 with Krystal being a DLC character(if she's not in the initial roster) and another likely fact of having Fox as a guest character for DLC for Mario Kart 8.

Regarding about the alt color swaps for Krystal, I really like the blue and dark grey swaps for her uniform. Now if she is included and they include her alt Adventures uniform, wonder what color swaps they can use for that. To answer your statement there for Dixie and K. Rool, anyone of those 2 would be fine since the DK roster really needs a newcomer and the same goes for the Starfox series. As of now, Krystal, Dixie, K. Rool, and Ridley and probably Impa(not sure) are the most requested characters that the fans would love to see and I think even Sakurai should realize. I don't know if this is true(but I think it is). But it appears that Krystal is slowly getting popular in Japan. We know she is popular here in the United States, Europe and most likely in other parts of the world like South America for instance.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
This video is a total mess xD!!!

Your face after watching this video if this actually happened " :facepalm:, :evil: or :glare:" xD!!!

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
This video is a total mess xD!!!

Your face after watching this video if this actually happened " :facepalm:, :evil: or :glare:" xD!!!
That's probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while haha XD but if that actually happens then Sakurai is messed up haha

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Terrible! What a hater!
I know right?! This video both made me laugh and feel uneasy xD I wasn't gonna share it here at 1st cause I didn't want to come off that I was mocking that I'd rather want Slippy. ^^'

That's probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while haha XD but if that actually happens then Sakurai is messed up haha
I laughed too xD!!!! It's so poorly made xD!! I would seriously be so unhappy if that happened though. :/

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I know right?! This video both made me laugh and feel uneasy xD I wasn't gonna share it here at 1st cause I didn't want to come off that I was mocking that I'd rather want Slippy. ^^'
Be honest though. Do you want Slippy? I'm not saying over Krystal or anyone, but do you want him? This video made me realize what a gigantic waste of money sending him to film school was. Rag doll physics, no story, no diet coke ads, doesn't even feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series... kid is terrible.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but this basically deconfirms Krystal, unfortunately:

Note how her model is still blocky. Like, Assault-level blocky. Plus, if she were playable there would be a piece in the description that describes how she plays (the leak showed a picture of Wario's trophy that was posed just like his render and mentioned a special move, specifically Wario Waft).
She could potentially be DLC maybe many months later, but at launch it looks like she's a lost cause. I'm still happy with the current roster though (now that Shulk is in).

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but this basically deconfirms Krystal, unfortunately:

Note how her model is still blocky. Like, Assault-level blocky. Plus, if she were playable there would be a piece in the description that describes how she plays (the leak showed a picture of Wario's trophy that was posed just like his render and mentioned a special move, specifically Wario Waft).
She could potentially be DLC maybe many months later, but at launch it looks like she's a lost cause. I'm still happy with the current roster though (now that Shulk is in).
Seems everyone states this, even though repeatedly it's been acknowledged and answered (to some degree). Yes, we know the trophy exists (have for some time), and it's been subject to more curiosity than disbelief. It's agreed that the possibility for DLC certainly is favorable.

The one thing that is noted, strangely, is that this trophy is not the Command outfit variant (which was the more expected version, given the trend of trophies for the handheld variant of SS4B). It's these little things that have made this trophy a center of speculation so far.

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
well the last potds (5 left) should hopefully be cool
Doubt it, we're likely going to get full blown trolled with content everyone has seen via leaks, further confirming what,a this point, is already confirmed. I just hope we get an announcement for DLC possibilities, especially character related.

(And to those who dislike this idea, honestly screw your sense of entitlement. If Nintendo wants to introduce more characters at the cost of some money, I would never complain. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's not like they spend resources for this kind of material just to have it be free for consumers).

Last edited:
Top Bottom