• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Pretty Good Gaming's Monthly Smash Attack! Now with Pokken!

Pretty Good Gaming's Monthly Smash Attack! Now with Pokken!
Posted by Bkomel
Claredon Hills Clubhouse
Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Not if it means l won't be comfortable with the character. l've played lke for a few months until Cloud came out, and since then, l haven't been able to play him very well. Nothing a few games won't fix, but l don't care about him too much anymore.
I feel ya, I dropped sheik more and more for cloud as time went on. I don't even consider her my main anymore

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
I can also confirm myself and my friend and also I will still be taking my wii with melee and a monitor.

Last edited:

SE ׀ Justin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bamo01
3DS FC
0490-5952-1832
Definitely going!
Branflakes and Uzen are most likely going.
Might try to bring Jalen again.
I feel ya, I dropped sheik more and more for cloud as time went on. I don't even consider her my main anymore
I've found myself playing Corrin lately, but Ness is too good to drop. At least I found some other character to use.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Definitely going!
Branflakes and Uzen are most likely going.
Might try to bring Jalen again.

I've found myself playing Corrin lately, but Ness is too good to drop. At least I found some other character to use.
Corrin is really good! and it's always great to have a back up plan

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So it's been a long day of setting up for me, and I got more tomorrow. If anybody needs help, contact my cell. 510-259-8465

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Tfw your dad waits until you're done with a pile of late homework to tell you you can't go.
Lol I was wondering what happened. There were a couple of people who wanted to take you down. hope to see you may 7th

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Hey everybody! just as an announcement, we are going to start charging a venue fee. I spent about an hour after the tournament and pgg crew for another hour sunday just cleaning the room. Mopping up spilled drinks, picking up orange rinds and banana peels, and unclogging the toilet..... On the other spectrum, we also spend money to make these better. I recently spent 200$ on wires to make commentating more clean. at the same time more people are coming and not entering (So we make no money there)

TL;DR On good days we hemorrhage breaking even. We spend lots of money to make the venue better, and we require more money to continue doing so. Plus we're getting tired of cleaning up after certain people.

I hope to see you all on the 7th, and I'll post the finals here, once it's done being rendered. GG everybody!

Last edited:

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody! just as an announcement, we are going to start charging a venue fee. I spent about an hour after the tournament and pgg crew for another hour sunday just cleaning the room. Mopping up spilled drinks, picking up orange rinds and banana peels, and unclogging the toilet..... On the other spectrum, we also spend money to make these better. I recently spent 200$ on wires to make commentating more clean. at the same time more people are coming and not entering (So we make no money there)

TL;DR On good days we hemorrhage breaking even. We spend lots of money to make the venue better, and we require more money to continue doing so. Plus we're getting tired of cleaning up after certain people.

I hope to see you all on the 7th, and I'll post the finals here, once it's done being rendered. GG everybody!
Dude, that cleanup sounds brutal. If it stays that bad, you should consider not offering food. Its nice that you do, but there's a lot of places people can get stuff to eat/drink down the hill. In the end, its not your responsibility to give us free food/drinks. On a side note of the venue itself, it got stuffy in there near the end. Not really sure how to remedy that, but some people had some pretty bad B.O. around that time.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Dude, that cleanup sounds brutal. If it stays that bad, you should consider not offering food. Its nice that you do, but there's a lot of places people can get stuff to eat/drink down the hill. In the end, its not your responsibility to give us free food/drinks. On a side note of the venue itself, it got stuffy in there near the end. Not really sure how to remedy that, but some people had some pretty bad B.O. around that time.
Yeah, We'll have a couple fans running and the doors open next time. It's funny you said that, I just got off of being sick, so I couldn't smell a thing.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Was anyone using the Bidou control set-up? l've been wanting to work on that offline, although my characters don't even need to space on the ground. Top tier aerials. Bidou makes me want to try out Fox more, with his massive Perfect Pivot distance compared to Corrin, which sounds really powerful, when combined with Fox's tilts.

ModernBulbz

Smash Cadet
Was anyone using the Bidou control set-up? l've been wanting to work on that offline, although my characters don't even need to space on the ground. Top tier aerials. Bidou makes me want to try out Fox more, with his massive Perfect Pivot distance compared to Corrin, which sounds really powerful, when combined with Fox's tilts.
No, or not that I know of.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I know a couple people practicing it, but no as far as I know, no one used it at the tournament

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
I know a couple people practicing it, but no as far as I know, no one used it at the tournament
There's always a first ;)

Side note: am totally considering using a different name from now on. Chief Yamato Hotsuin's a character from the Devil Survivor 2 game/anime (who's way more of a jerk than l am), and l'm pretty sure that, if l keep going with the name, the devs wouldn't be happy with me.

Thing is, l can't change my SB name without paying for becoming a Premium member, and my only reliable source of income is begging for Dad, and l'm sure he wouldn't agree to that. Ech.

Chief will still be in it, of course. l don't think you should even bother with changing YT video titles or stuff for something small like this, if you were thinking about it.

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
There's always a first ;)

Side note: am totally considering using a different name from now on. Chief Yamato Hotsuin's a character from the Devil Survivor 2 game/anime (who's way more of a jerk than l am), and l'm pretty sure that, if l keep going with the name, the devs wouldn't be happy with me.

Thing is, l can't change my SB name without paying for becoming a Premium member, and my only reliable source of income is begging for Dad, and l'm sure he wouldn't agree to that. Ech.

Chief will still be in it, of course. l don't think you should even bother with changing YT video titles or stuff for something small like this, if you were thinking about it.
I'll try to remember to just put chief from here on out

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I couldn't attend your last two tournaments, but I'll try to make it to this one.
So there's no prizes for the Pokken winners? I haven't played it, but I'd like to try it.
one day we will meet =)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I can diddly-do. I didn't mention but I also have the GC Controller adapter, figured it was a given but just saying in case it wasn't clear. I'll be there with everything +TV + Power tree. In need of another folding table? I can bring one of those too.
I'm so sorry I didn't get to thank you for last time. your set up absolutely made the tournament better. would you be attending the next one?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Yeah probably will. I can bring my setup again.
Thank you so much. I don't know if you know how much you've helped, but because of you and your help, these tournaments have turned out sooo much better.

Top Bottom