• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty Actuate Smash Ballot Data

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Does ssb4dojo seem to think Anna from Fire Emblem is the Tekken character and that the Chorus Kids actual name is Chorus Men?

lol

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Quote at .58%?! Chorus men? Chorus MEN?! Reckless Wiimote Safety?! I think

Thanks for the table, but what I excepted was way off...

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
By the way, if anyone wants to change that ballot a bit, come check out my Pokemon DLC Ideas thread. I'm trying to garner support for new Pokemon. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
This seems ok, but I'm leaning towards this poll not being actuate.
Reckless wiimote safety man, Shrek, Goku on the list...yeahhhh.
And characters that are already in the game like Ridley, Midna, Waluigi probably won't see them getting in until maybe Smash 5.

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
This seems ok, but I'm leaning towards this poll not being actuate.
Reckless wiimote safety man, Shrek, Goku on the list...yeahhhh.
And characters that are already in the game like Ridley, Midna, Waluigi probably won't see them getting in until maybe Smash 5.
Again I'm skeptical, but looking at it, the VOTES are pretty accurate.

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm just looking for polls without the joke characters & characters who are somewhat already programed in the game.
I see.
Then again technically the Ridley in Pyrosphere is a clone so Ridley still has somewhat of a chance.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I'm actually kind of okay with this assuming that the 3rd-parties and 1st-parties are separated like this in the end. i'm still holding out hope for my picks. i'm actually a little surprised to see Bomberman so high up given how little he's talked about here.

but i'm still not going to take this as fact due to not everybody that voted has voiced their vote on these polls. it does give a nice base for us to look at though. appreciate the effort.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Well, it's good to see that a good majority of people in Japan want a Custom Robo in as a playable character. He's the 2nd highest Newcomer (both when looking at Nintendo AND non-Nintendo characters) in Japan and the 5th most wanted character in Japan according to this poll. Shows that a good amount of people actually do care about Ray and the Custom Robo series (at least in Japan, which is where all 5 games were released [the 4th came to the USA and the 5th was international]). I mean, the only Nintendo newcomer in Japan that didn't get lower than Ray seems to be King K. Rool, and he's popular all over the place.

In the USA/Euro poll, he's #16 of the Nintendo Newcomers and #34 overall.

Worldwide, Ray (or a Custom Robo in general) seems to be #11 of the Nintendo Newcomers and #22 of the overall poll. That ain't bad at all. If he doesn't make it in via DLC, at least Nintendo knows that there is a good demand for Ray to make it in someday (maybe Smash 5 if he doesn't get in as Smash 4 DLC).

Thanks for getting that spreadsheet. It gives a good idea. However, like Zoljinx said, seems as though not everyone has voiced their opinions yet (I didn't know about half of these polls). But hey, at least it shows that Ray ain't a lost cause at all. He just needs a bit more support. :)

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Fake until proven real. That said i hope if this is true that they don't just give us wolf and call it a day since i mean, he really should have been in the game in the first place anyway. really dissapointed in my fellow ridley fans for throwing away so many votes and not knowing when it truly is time to give up. realy surprised at bayonetta suddenly skyrocketing in terms of support for smash.

Last edited:

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
Fake until proven real. That said i hope if this is true that they don't just give us wolf and call it a day since i mean, he really should have been in the game in the first place anyway. really dissapointed in my fellow ridley fans for throwing away so many votes and not knowing when it truly is time to give up. realy surprised at bayonetta suddenly skyrocketing in terms of support for smash.
I never said this was offical.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I always thought Shantae had way more support than that, I don't think this is accurate at all, also two of my most wanted, Clefairy and Dark Matter literally both have the same percent, in both polls, spooky.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Apparently you can only vote once and if you vote again it overwrites your first vote.
Saw a video about it on GameXplain although not sure if its true...but it makes sense..

Also people dont give up on the things they love
Ridley #1

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Apparently you can only vote once and if you vote again it overwrites your first vote.
Saw a video about it on GameXplain although not sure if its true...but it makes sense..

Ridley #1
Wait, so are you saying that if you vote multiple times on one of those polls, only the last one is saved? Or are you talking about the Official Fighter Ballot?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Ridley #1
You are only supposed to vote once. They really can only tell if you vote more than once if you are using a static IP. They also probably filter out any votes that share the exact same writing to try and make bots a bit more useless (Which is why having a pre-typed support message for character voting to promote a character might actually be a poor idea.)

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I'm sure Nintendo implemented some sort of anti-bot feature. Otherwise, one person could totally sway the results of the poll in their favor.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Either way the poll is very informal and will most likely be taken simply as suggestions and not single-handedly decide who gets made into DLC. Remember in other regions the site also says the votes might influence future Smash games as well (Japan has actually had similar polls prior to Brawl's release and Melee had an in-house poll.)

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Either way the poll is very informal and will most likely be taken simply as suggestions and not single-handedly decide who gets made into DLC. Remember in other regions the site also says the votes might influence future Smash games as well (Japan has actually had similar polls prior to Brawl's release and Melee had an in-house poll.)
That's true. They gotta eventually make another Smash Bros game in the future. If they exhaust all popular options as DLC, they won't have too many options for the next game.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Poor Chibi-Robo :( People seem to vote by fandom rather than what would actually make a good and different character.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
That's true. They gotta eventually make another Smash Bros game in the future. If they exhaust all popular options as DLC, they won't have too many options for the next game.
Well that and time/work would make it impossible for them to exhaust all popular additions. I mean with the popularity of Splatoon we might see new characters that they wouldn't have know of at the time, and we know that each character that gets added the work for the character after that is actually more than the character that came before it- You have to playtest with each character that came before it, balancing takes longer, characters with unique circumstances like Snake's special grab animations or Kirby's hats have to be made, stages that have character specific events like boxing ring's jumbo-tron have to be fixed, all the voice acting, etc. It is a hug hassle and I can image its a huge undertaking for Sakurai's smaller DLC team.

Poor Chibi-Robo :( People seem to vote by fandom rather than what would actually make a good and different character.
Well its a fan-voting based thing- of course the top choices will be characters fans have wanted to see in Smash or characters with large followings. A lot of people want characters in that they like- We can't always predict how they end up playing in the game though. Many thought Rosalina would be a clone but she is really unique- the opposite can be said for someone like Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Amazing snake and wolf are the top of the list

But ice climbers as number 3

Sorry but they have to be kicked out of the vote we gone over this a million times

They can't get in due to the limitations of the 3ds

But theres 2 beautiful things

And thats THE KING IS THE MOST VOTED FOR NEWCOMER.

YOUR TIME WILL COME KING K ROOL TIME TO SMASH

and for bonus ridley is number 11 that may give are dragon a chance for the clone theory concept. If sakurai waves the white flag on keeping him from being playable.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
I hope this isn't true. SHANTAE is so far down. But bayonetta is pretty up there. I'm happy and upset :-) :-(

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I called it accurate because of the data. People did vote for these characters. Even Shrek.
I appreciate what you're doing, but Smashboard, Sourcegaming, Reddit, Gamefaqs and other online forums do not represent the totality of the voting public.

I'm gonna need more proof than that to regard it as anything more than "pretty accurate".

Top Bottom