• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Press up, down, up on d-pad (taunts) to turn from Samus to Zero Suit Samus in-game

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Since I think many people stopped checking the Dojo, Sakurai decided to give them the finger and reveal something nobody knows since they're too busy making up crappy names for basic techniques!

Now, what we need is someone to test this in reverse. Does pressing up, down, up (or maybe down, up, down?) as Zero Suit Samus turn you back into Samus?

Elbujo

Smash Rookie
I dont think it works both ways, cuz then you can just keep creating armor parts.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yea it made it sound like it is only TO ZSS not back to Samus. That would be cheap to keep making parts. Samus is not Zelda I guess.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I dont think it works both ways, cuz then you can just keep creating armor parts.
I don't see the armour bits getting much play considering Samus has missles, super missles, and charge beam while ZSS has her stun gun. Although the only way it could happen is if ZSS transforming to Samus wasn't done like the final smash.

Videogamerpat

Smash Rookie

I'm pretty sure it's probably just to go to ZSS, most likely just so that a ZSS user doesn't screw them self over 'cause they wanted to use a smash ball. =P

Gyumi

Smash Cadet
It doesn't seem like it would work that way.
It would only work with changing back to samus(Because just before now nobody knew any other way)
Change back to ZSS using that way there would be no point in getting the final smash to change other than to just cause damage

orintemple

Smash Lord
I don't see the armour bits getting much play considering Samus has missles, super missles, and charge beam while ZSS has her stun gun. Although the only way it could happen is if ZSS transforming to Samus wasn't done like the final smash.
The armor is actually REALLY strong damage and knockback.

In any case its gotta be a one way thing otherwise it would have been mentioned on Dojo.

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem like it would work that way.
It would only work with changing back to samus(Because just before now nobody knew any other way)
Change back to ZSS using that way there would be no point in getting the final smash to change other than to just cause damage
Which is exactly what MOST characters do with a Smash Ball.

EDIT: Why doesn't someone with the game just test it and end this argument? Everybody, quick! PM Brawl owners and bug them about ZSS transformation techniques!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it does not work as ZSS (just tested). In fact, it doesn't work for turning Samus into ZSS either. I tried both spamming Up and Down on the D-pad and do them in turns. Nothing happens (either way).

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
No, it does not work as ZSS (just tested). In fact, it doesn't work for turning Samus into ZSS either. I tried both spamming Up and Down on the D-pad and do them in turns. Nothing happens (either way).
too slow... get those buttos a good tap!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Thing is, you’re going to have to put that command in pretty darn fast in order for it to work.
Quotes don't count as characters, but this sentence does.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Sakurai cant be a liar. Taunt buttons UP DOWN UP super fast. CMONS!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Could someone link me to this fabled Smash Dojo entry?

I've tried litterally spamming Up - Down - Up Down - Up - Down for minutes. I've tried doing just Up - Down - Up really really fast. I've tried doing it slow, nothing's happening.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It speaks about "setting your taunts". Maybe you need to set written taunts to your buttons instead of using the actual character taunts. I haven't done that (and I don't even know how to), so that could explain it.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
It speaks about "setting your taunts". Maybe you need to set written taunts to your buttons instead of using the actual character taunts. I haven't done that (and I don't even know how to), so that could explain it.
Well he said "if you've set the taunts to the + pad". So im thinking that was an all encompassing statement. Probably taking into note other control schemes that MIGHT not have taunts on the D pad (like the classic set-up)

Gamecube by default should be fine. I guess you just need faster fingers! :laugh:

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
it is setting your taunts.... in the +D pad.... it wont work if you have your taunt setting in other buttons... like "side taunt = Z":dizzy: just to is as HELL as fats! until your hand start bleeding:psycho: (or it works);););)

MrCheez

Smash Rookie
O CRAP! I got it.

You have to do it REALLY fast. I had to use both my hands... turned the controller sideways and had a thumb on up and a thumb on down :laugh:

When it happens it interrupts her taunt - she immediately starts to glow and kneels down and puts a hand on the floor, then light flashes from her and the armor falls off.

Tried doing it again as ZSS but nothing happens

MechanisMs

Smash Rookie
FASTER, FOOLS, FASTER! Why would there be a dissemination of false information on an OFFICIAL DOJO MESSAGE as such :[ it's clearly a lacking on your part. DESTROY YOUR FEEBLE FINGERS, >=[

EDIT!!!: @MR. Cheez: thank you, now we know that someone else (to not be named) just has some *cough* controller issues *cough* not to suggest anything about their lack of dexterity

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
O CRAP! I got it.

You have to do it REALLY fast. I had to use both my hands... turned the controller sideways and had a thumb on up and a thumb on down :laugh:

When it happens it interrupts her taunt - she immediately starts to glow and kneels down and puts a hand on the floor, then light flashes from her and the armor falls off.

Tried doing it again as ZSS but nothing happens
Kewl. Now you knew this would happen....

Youtube it.:bee:

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Though it's a nice feature, do people really expect a lot of use out of it?

I suppose in some scenarios it might work, and in tournaments the switch was thought to be impossible.

But really, If your playing one of those 2 minute wifi battles, you'll want to play as samus until forced because zero laser is that powerful. The only way i can think of is half way through the match you decide to completely change your game, which may affect yourself more than the opponent.

I'm a fan of samus/zamus though, so any dojo updates about them are cool.

Oh as well. I doubt that it works in reverse and you can recieve her varia suit. Where would it come from? Zeldas transformation is magical, samus's is mechanical. Though i suppose i could be wrong.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
Oh as well. I doubt that it works in reverse and you can recieve her varia suit. Where would it come from? Zeldas transformation is magical, samus's is mechanical. Though i suppose i could be wrong.
thats doesnt make sense... when you use zamus' FS she gains the suit back out of nowhere... so why not with the taunts.... also has anyone tested her super long grab yet... that thing was awesome to playy with and made it fun to chase noobs with the grapple beam

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
thats doesnt make sense... when you use zamus' FS she gains the suit back out of nowhere... so why not with the taunts.... also has anyone tested her super long grab yet... that thing was awesome to playy with and made it fun to chase noobs with the grapple beam
First off, it would be specified in the dojo update whether it could work the other way.

secondly, zamuses final smash does involve her recieving her power suit, but also causing damage to those near it. So she either has an absolutely pointless final smash that does something a simple button command can do, or she can exectute her final smash anytime.

Top Bottom