• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Presented by Deus de Animus: The Great Aether Open Tournament

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I was wondering what kind of interest I'd have for this tournament, so mention it if you'd be interested in joining.

We're not taking sign-ups at this time.

Because Deus de Animus is a large and prestigious organization, we ought to have a large and prestigious tournament, ne?

Details will be provided later, but here's an overview:

There will be two brackets: Ike and non-Ike. Each bracket will be composed of 32 contestants, making this a 64-person tournament in total.

If there are more than 64 participants, preliminary matches will be held. If there are less than 64, contestants will be able to enter both an Ike and a non-Ike character.

Each 32-person bracket will be composed of a separate tournament, both of them double elimination.

After a winner from each bracket is decided, the loser's bracket will take place. And then, the winner of the Ike's loser bracket will fight the winner of the Ike's winner bracket. The winner of the non-Ike's loser bracket will fight the winner of the non-Ike's winner bracket.

Once the final champions have been decided, the final round will take place; the best Ike will fight the best non-Ike for the championship. The prize will be cash. I will pay the winner out of my own pocket. Everyone likes cash, right? =)

The prize amount and tournament date are undecided at this time. The current projected date is Saturday, March 15th. Depending on circumstances, it may spill over into Sunday.

The official sign-up post will be made later if there's enough interest.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely join! It is online, right? Hopefully by then I will have gotten a Wii-Lan adapter for better connection online.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Yes, it's on Wifi of course. Why spend hundreds of dollars and tens of hours driving to a tournament when you can do it from the comfort of your own home? =)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yes, it's on Wifi of course. Why spend hundreds of dollars and tens of hours driving to a tournament when you can do it from the comfort of your own home? =)

Yeah, well I imagine **** ups could happen with connection and what not.

I think a good stable connection should be REQUIRED.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I've played the Wifi; it's always stable, but there is a slight lag that doesn't interfere in play once you're used to it.

If someone loses and they complain that it's due to lag or their connection, it still counts as a loss. But with my experience with the Wifi, it should work out fine.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Omg awsome

@DMStudios the wii-lan adapter is already out in america? wow>_> im trying to have a better connexion with my stupid usb connector and YOU just told me that pffff.:)

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
its weird because i saw In an official nintendo website that the adapter was not released in usa and canada yet.

How much they worth without your discount ofcourse : 0?

AntonieFC

Smash Cadet
Definitely in. I'll be keeping an eye on this. Any entrance fee? Seems kinda weird to give a prize with no entrance fee (Your just a stand up guy eh :D?).

*Subscribes to thread*

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahaha, you had all better be prepared if your going to best the great god of the penguins. I take it easy on no one. This is going to be so fun.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Alex, I hope to fight and defeat both you and Ri in this tournament. That would be fun. But since anyone can enter it, I hope that roith enters. I'd like to show him a thing or two.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Hehe, I dunno, DJ. I probably won't make it that far...I'm only gonna have a week to train with him. And a jump from light weight Peach to heavy weight Ike won't help either. I'll try to get there, though, and then I'll beat you!! ^_^

Top Bottom