• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Presented by Deus de Animus: The Great Aether Open Tournament

Betaz

Smash Ace
*is interested*

will this be tournament rules a la melee?

or will we have smash balls on?
also won't we only register the friend codes with who we are fighting?
because that's only 5 friend codes then...
also how will we know who wins a match?
one person could say they won while the other one calls him/her a liar and says that they won the match?
also how will the players keep in touch to know that it is thier turn?

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
You could use the spectator idea that everyone's been on about. A third person joins and self destructs, the match starts the moment his last stock is gone, then he watches as a witness.

Betaz

Smash Ace
ok that makes sense and solves that problem....
however what about keeping in touch?
will everbody be on AIM or something?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
No smash balls.
Yes.
A judge (spectator) will be watching.
I'm thinking AIM.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Reo: You are going to get knocked 5 times from yesterday.

Sethlon: It'll be good beating you in tournament; I'll be the best Ike in Texas, prepare for the coming!

RULES

For the rules and everything I say we do this. No items (Not even smashballs). 3 Stock (4 Stock is wayyy too long), 7 Minute Time-Limit with nuetral stages. So far, I say the stage line up should be.

Battlefield, Final Destination, Animal Crossing Stage... Whatever else.

SPECTATING.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Nintendo has a "spectator mode" that can let you watch your friends fight. If that's the case, just register and fight! We'll have to use something to stay in touch, I suggest AIM. But only 36 people I believe can fit into one AiM room at a time, so we should do one half of the tournament at one time, the other half of the tournament at the nother time; then IM the two people who won and tell them the final match should now happen; and the last spectator (Which should be the runner of the tournament) should record that finale.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Well Torchik, after I completely and utterly decimate him; please refrain from saying anything else. Matter of fact, you should humble before me and fix my dinners.

comboking

Smash Master
Well Torchik, after I completely and utterly decimate him; please refrain from saying anything else. Matter of fact, you should humble before me and fix my dinners.
Yes, it is Comboking. And RoK, those are some good suggestions...just remember, this isn't your tournament. >_> Oh, AND, Reo's gonna beat you so bad!! ^_^

YPU GUNNA GET BEAT ROK

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Back on topic, I'll be creating the sign-up thread for the tournament soon.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, im pretty sure he was, actually the only reason im posting this time is to bump this thread back up. All the best threads keep going down. Can't let that happen. Guess my friends didn't get out of school today. I did. So I'll keep em up.

Zink

Smash Champion
cool I'm in. somebody needs to teach alls you nubs a lesson in vet respect.

also IRC>>>> AIM in every way, including no limit on people in a channel. So, so much better.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Zareidriel... are you going to be taking sign-ups for the non-Ike tourney before the game comes to America?

Are people who don't have the game until then just supposed to pick who they think they'll be good with?

Or maybe people sign up then, but don't need to decide a character until the tourney starts?

Sorry if I'm bugging you with questions.

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm so good I can get 1st place with Ike after like three days with the game. So good, in fact, that I know that even if I lose nobody will remember this thread so I can brag all I want :D

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
If you're signing up for non-Ike, you can choose your character right before the tournament; however, the character cannot be changed once the tournament begins.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thanks. In that case, I'll definatly be entering the non-Ike tourney when the sign-ups start. If there's few enough people to where we can double-sign; once in the Ike and once in the other, then I'll enter both. I plan on maining Ike, but fighting only Ikes doesn't appeal to me quite as much.

Top Bottom