• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Prepare Yourself (Ike Match-up thread)

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
First post. Corrin main, pocket Ike. I'd say Corrin has at least a slight advantage as she can outspace Ike and he has trouble dealing with her combos/juggling. Eruption can still edgeguard Corrin, but holding down during the up-b will often hit Ike out of it. It's far from a hopeless matchup, as Ike still has some good range and back air OOS is fantastic if Corrin doesn't space well. IMO it's a -1.
It's doable but can be difficult. His range can be annoying and so can his dash kick thing. His recovery is pretty sub-par for this game though which can make stage control a tad easier. I don't have much experience in the match up; haven't played in forever!

samisawesam

Smash Rookie
I'm partial to believe Ike goes even with Corrin.
I can concede it as even, though Corrin's side b can shut down the matchup as Ike cannot punish it. It just makes the matchup extremely difficult, even if you read and powershield it.

However, Corrin has virtually nothing at close range. IMO Ike should play this matchup defensively. Corrin will often try to fast fall her aerial combo starters (fair and nair), and if she misspaces or lands on shield, then Ike can grab/dtilt/bair/jab/pretty much anything. Also, ftilt puts Corrin in a horrific position offstage. It makes it easy to use counter on her recovery.

This matchup is by no means impossible, it's just difficult for Ike.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I can concede it as even, though Corrin's side b can shut down the matchup as Ike cannot punish it. It just makes the matchup extremely difficult, even if you read and powershield it.

However, Corrin has virtually nothing at close range. IMO Ike should play this matchup defensively. Corrin will often try to fast fall her aerial combo starters (fair and nair), and if she misspaces or lands on shield, then Ike can grab/dtilt/bair/jab/pretty much anything. Also, ftilt puts Corrin in a horrific position offstage. It makes it easy to use counter on her recovery.

This matchup is by no means impossible, it's just difficult for Ike.
You can punish grounded Dragon Lunge hard with dash attack. Ike's dash attack reaches far enough that if they do the kick, they eat a dash attack. They need to land and redo Side B or jump into a setup to be safe.

Top Bottom