• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Predictions for Mario Party 10 (and discussion)

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
Hey guys! Am i the only one excited for Mario Party 10? Like.. Im sure it's gonna be the one where all Mario Party fans will finally get along! ...At least i hope,but you can really see they are trying! Instead of Mario Party Island Tour where they taken the worst parts of Mario Party 9 (More luck,shorter and simpler board,less content) and only feel like a Wii Party game with mario characters... But here,it's obvious they are really trying to fix their mistakes! (Classic Mode is back,Really more more content than other games of the series,2vs2 minigames and DK are back,ect...) It's obvious they are listenning their fanbase and that's awesome! And im sure they will try to improve the car system as well so every fans of Mario Party can enjoy it as i did... But enough talking about my feeling about this game,we could talk more about it later :p

I also wanted to tell you my predictions for this game!

First,what will we probably get in the game:
- Spaces doesn't affect Bowser
- Toad's Room will remplace the museum,Bonus Games will remplace the minigame mode and Amiibo Bonus will be the place to get new boards from Amiibos
- Spaces in boards are randomly generated per each Amiibos (except events spaces with "!" on it) and if you scan a different Amiibo of the same character,you get a different design (with witch i mean,differents locations of spaces)
- No chance time but the "?" will do an event wheel like the "!" space in MP9
- Need 4 Amiibos or more to play Amiibo Party and 4 players
- 2VS2 minigames will all be coins minigames
- 1VS3 minigames will NOT be remplaced by BowserVSAll minigames (seen in trailer)
- Bowser Jr minigames will be the same as in Mario Party 9
- Bowser minigames are added to Bowser spaces events in Mario Party Mode. It's an AI controlling Bowser against the players with a set number of lifes (something like 3) If you loose all your lifes,you loose half of your ministars.
- Bowser Jr boss battle is gonna be better and less luck-based but with a brand new theme that isn't as awesome as in MP9
- Bowser will have a less luck-based boss battle as well and you will be able to play as him if you do it on Bowser Party on his board
- Battle spaces are erased,DK spaces as well
- There will be at least 5 luck minigames. 2/3 in 4 players 1/2 in Boss Battles 1 in 2VS2 and 1/3 in Bowser Minigames/1VS3
- The player in last position doesn't have any ministars anymore and 4VS spaces gives more ministars (Like +6 +3 +1 +0)
- Toadette is playable CONFIRMED!
- There is gonna be a counting,a racing,a "press-first-the-button" an "half-luck half-skill" and a really confusing,unplayable and awful minigame(s) in this game

Second,what i would like we get and could happens but has less chances:
- Bowser Party is actually a mode where you are trying to get the more hearts than the others,trying to cooperate with the others players to not let the solo player wins but also trying to kill them when you don't need them!
- Mario Party mode have more items than only dices
- Battle Mode is back and is buffed! 3 different types of Bros comes (Hammer Bro,Fire Bro and Boomerang Bro) And a wheel appears to see how much ministars will be taken.
- Custom set of minigames is back from MP4
- Each modes are way more customables (Short,Medium or Long board / Few,Medium or Lots of events / Few,Medium or Lots of Minigames / Easy,All,Action,Reflexion or Skills set of minigames)
- Online but in a minigame-only mode
- Unlockables characters are from spin-off mario games (Count Bleck,Fawful,ect..) Well,maybe even we could get Tumble and MC Ballyhoo that would be awesome!!

Hope you liked it,it take me a long time to write all that! Tell me what you think of it in replies :p

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Ugh I wanted to say I am hyped too because I didn't get a new Mario Party in a long, long time(Mario Party 5), but your post is a huge spoiler to me...so...I am not contributing much, just want to share my love for this game series

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
Oh im sorry then :/ Because a lot of informations was seen in the nintendo direct and im trying to predict stuff in it ^^'

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
Oh awesome!! Happy to see her back,she's my favorite Nintendo girl actually (hehe ^^')
I've seen them,i should have added "A new puzzle minigame" in my predictions :p
Also,i think this "Minigame with different variety of goombas" will be that counting minigame where you need to count a different species each round :p
Im still wondering what the "base" of the amiibo will be used for... Maybe a special power like "Adds 1 to your rolls" for exemple?
Im really curious how Mario Party 10 will turn out,it looks like they did a lot of improvements,like adding the number of ministars bellow each rows of mini-stars,it will be really useful!
Oh and btw,thanks for the share :p

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
I'd wish they brought back independent traversal across the board, because that's one of the key reasons I loved Mario Party 7 / 8.

I personally haven't bought Mario Party 9, and I really disliked the big bus (or whatever it's called. Buggy?).

When Mario Party Island Tour came out, I was so excited that characters were traveling alone on party boards, but that gave me false hope for Mario Party 10. I ended up never buying Mario Party Island Tour, but that's because of lack of Toadette!

Still, I have high hopes for Mario Party 10, and it's looking to be amazing! Toadette and Donkey Kong are playable once again, Rosalina is now playable, two new party modes! I can't wait! I'm also anticipating an amiibo for every playable character. The Toad one already looks amazing, and now I can have one of my favorite Mario character!

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
Personally,i love the car system,it finally gives a fresh system for the series and i really enjoyed it! ^^ But Island Tour was a let down for me,it was more like a compilation of the cons of Mario Party 9 in a Wii-Party like game but with Mario.
I hope Mario Party 10 really upgrade the car mode because i think done right,everybody could enjoy it!
It's like Mario Party 1 who was really limited compared to the 7th one for example,i think Mario Party 9 is like that ^^

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
Yeah i really agree! Thanks to the wonderful HD :p Spike is a bit disappointing.. I mean,it's not like he was a good guy or an iconic character...

Shog

Smash Ace
Okay, I looked at the art because it was interesting...
first of all, damn son, look at that Peach :O Sometimes you will get remembered why Mario/Bowser lust after her
second...DK RETURNS? MUST BUY FOR ME!!! He was absent for so long ...

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm very disappointed in the lack of Boo in recent games. Sad to see that trend continuing with Mario Party 10.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I predict that the boards are going to be linear, the character roster is going to be tiny, and the game is going to be more luck based than ever before. Though I'll probably buy it anyway since I'm such a huge Mario fan. Embarrass

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
Hmm personally,i really really hope they improve the car system and make it better and less luck-based than in Mario Party 9. I think they are going to that direction but im not sure.. The character roster looks goods for now even if i hope spike isn't playable,that would be too weird..

Top Bottom