• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Pre-Loading is coming to Wii U, Super Smash Bros for Wii U will be the first title to use it

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow

Yep, that's right, if you are buying the game digitally, you can download the game before it launches and play it right at midnight!

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050
Well that's pretty cool, I wonder what date you can predownload the game.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
So it's basically a way to get rid of lenghty downloads. A really good solution for the eShop's traffic issues that come up on every major release, everyone will just be downloading **** at different times rather than at the game's launch.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This is a similar situation to the Mario Kart DLC. You could buy the packs in advance and the game would unlock the content on release date.

I'm getting a physical copy so I'm not too informed on how this will work with Smash Bros. But if it's anything like Mario Kart, you should be able to make your download now (or at least, fairly soon as in a few days from now).

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
PS4 and Xbone offer the same thing, but I've yet to use them because I always buy physical. It was only a matter of time before Nintendo jumped on board. I'm just hoping that there is someday a way to register that you've preordered a physical copy of a game, so that it can pre-download the day 1 patch/update that is included in essentially every non-shovelware release nowadays.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's about time Nintendo learned a few things about digital distribution from Steam and the rest of the PC distribution market.

Well, this bumps me from "Might get physical" to "definitely getting digital."

Top Bottom