• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing Sheik on Wifi

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Is it that helpful after a certain point?

I've practiced a lot of characters on wifi, but sheik just feels... Way different/worse. I can't react to air dodges properly so killing is a big(ger) issue, and just stringing/edgeguarding is a big issue too. I feel afraid to even b-reverse bouncing fish/needles because a sudden spike of input lag might turn it into grenade.

Last edited:

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I am very hesitant at playing sheik on wifi for these reasons as well. When there is lag you can't do anything and you have to play super careful for no reason so you just get the right inputs. Best way to handle this is to just play on anthers ladder with people near you if you want to practice on wifi. For Glory or people far away is bad practice especially for a Sheik player imo.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I am very hesitant at playing sheik on wifi for these reasons as well. When there is lag you can't do anything and you have to play super careful for no reason so you just get the right inputs. Best way to handle this is to just play on anthers ladder with people near you if you want to practice on wifi. For Glory or people far away is bad practice especially for a Sheik player imo.
Well I was only playing on Anther's with yellows/blues and getting this issue. Maybe I need to move my wii u somewhere I can have a wired connection...

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I only play her offline if there's absolutely minimal or no input delay. Otherwise I'll pick another character, probably diddy or roy.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Well I was only playing on Anther's with yellows/blues and getting this issue. Maybe I need to move my wii u somewhere I can have a wired connection...
Yea you could always try out a lan adapter if that is the only way you can get a stable enough connection.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't try For Glory, i'd say go on friend rooms with local people if playing locally isn't an option. Playing Sheik on wifi is pretty annoying though, once in a blue moon your bouncing fish will come out as a grenade, due to the lag. Not to say this doesn't happen offline too if you're careless, but still.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
The moment that my SH Fair strings turned into mostly Ftilts and empty SHs, I knew that For Glory was not the place for Sheik.

iceman9746

Smash Cadet
Yeah i'm on a LAN adapter and play on anthers ladder with yellow and blues only. Most matches are flawless but every now and then there will be some lag because the person I'm fighting is not on a stable connection. If you get screwed from lag try not to get frustrated and remember you are playing online and to expect it sometimes.

Top Bottom