• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing Bowser by yourself [WIP]

Flayl

Smash Hero
This is more of a 2008 thread but here it is for the sake of completion.

So for whatever reason you won't be able to play with buddies for a while, or you're afraid you'll get too rusty for your next tournament. And if you're like me, playing often on WiFi just throws off your offline game. Hopefully with this guide you can stay fluent with Bowser's maneuvers and you can focus more on matchup tactics. All AIs here are at level 9 unless stated otherwise. DO NOT USE THE AI FOR MATCHUP EXPERIENCE.

In all practice matches: Punishing rolls, Speed-hugging the ledge, Fortress-hugging the ledge, Ledge options, Spacing reverse UTilt, Teching, DI

Olimar on Lylat Cruise

Practice: Spacing aerial Klaw, Klaw-drop FAir/NAir/BAir, Getting rid of Pikmin, Bombing the ledge

Why this character and here:

Pit on Final Destination

Practice: Power-shielding, Shield-dashing into FTilt range, Smash DI

Luigi on Brinstar

Practice: Smash DI, Spacing FTilt and Jabbing non-laser projectiles, Shield-dashing into tip of Jab1 range

Captain Falcon on Castle Siege

Practice: Pivot-Grab, Jab -> Dash Grab, Timing pummels, Chaingrabbing, FTilting after release

Diddy Kong on Smashville with Bananas turned on Medium

Practice: Item tricks

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
This seems really sensible...never thought of it. I'll check it out...

I can see why the Pit and Diddy Kong one work off the bat. The other ones may take more of an explanation..

Erm since none of these really involve anything for killing per se, you can use training mode and just set the computer to "Attack", right?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Well training mode doesn't have decay so you won't be able to see kill %s with UTilt, stale klaw and release FTilt but if you know that already yeah you can just use training mode.

I noticed I forgot to mention practicing timing pummels

Top Bottom