• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing against lvl 9's

xcapablancax

Smash Cadet
so recently i've been doing a lot of playing against various lvl 9 characters with my marth. My friends are on vacation and wifi is just too annoying so my options for practice are limited. Through the lvl 9 matches i have learned the value of walking and spacing, basically things that i didnt give enough attention to before. My concern is that i have often heard people on these boards say that practicing against lvl 9's isn't good because they do things that real players don't. My question is what exactly are the things that these lvl 9's do differently and is it really big enough of a deal for me to stop practicing against them. previously i would practice against lvl 6's but it just got to boring.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
because lvl 9s have non human reaction timing, as in they perfect shield a whole lot more.

But computer practice isnt all bad hey I do it alot too, I dont really have competitive friends

Its funny you mentioned learning the importance of walking and spacing with cpus, so did I hah.

Mix up the level of difficulty the computer is on so you have different types of opponents

And really low level computers are good for combo practice.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Level 9s, like previously said, have inhuman reaction time. They will do things no human will do in a regular match and will get you in some very bad habits when you go back to playing humans.

I'd suggest playing against level 3s. Work on your spacing and don't get hit.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
They create horrible habits. Your spacing will get screwed, they will powershield a lot, won't recover the right way etc. I suggest practicing versus level 1's, as the do the least and still try to break combos...

Humans, no matter HOW bad they are... are still better than a CPU.

MMhawk607

Smash Rookie
when lvl 9s kill you they seem to go to the edge and dodge TOO excellently they also seem to block just at the right time

so fighting characters below 6 might help you with your comboing and will help you prepare for what a human players' capabilities are

IDK

Smash Lord
they dont mess up, DI perfectly, you cannot mindgame and neither can they because they have no minds, and it teaches you to abuse the roll because they are STUPID. level nines are easy to kill.

Top Bottom