• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practice Regimen?

mewtwo64lol

Smash Rookie
If you are a smasher and only play at home by yourself, how do you practice and get ready for tournaments? You have no one to play or practice with, and the hardest opponent you have is a lvl 9 computer.

How do you improve with these limiter resources?

:ohwell:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you play lvl1s and practice tech skill while at the same time analyzing pro videos for their strategic moves. you then play your friends and go to local tourneys to gain experience. recording your videos and then later reviewing them for mistakes helps as well.

IrArby

Smash Ace
at first I was a big proprietor of using the various speed alternates and I thought that as cpus walk rather than dashing L-canceling, wavedashing, etc that lightning mode melee might help to simulate games speed at a tourney. However, smashboards has more or less impressed upon me that altering speed is bad because of the different timings. I find that fighting lvl 1 cpus is really only good for practicing impromtu combos (still very important) but theres no mind games and you can't work on your defensive game much. So any other advice would be welcomed from me too.
Theres no subsitute for actually playing people as good or better than you though. I feel the same way mewto64lol. All the smashers at my school are cheap scrubs with no adv. techs at all. I know alot of people are against it but at least with the Brawl you can always find players online to practice. Whos to say they won't be cheap scrubs too.

Best of luck man I feel your pain.

Top Bottom