• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powershielding/reflecting?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why is powershielding projectiles so hard as ROB? Is it his small shield size? I can do it fairly reliably with Marth, MewTwo, and Bowser, but I'm almost never successful trying to powershield with ROB, and when it happens, I never expect that it was going to work. His shield is rather small for his awkward shape, why is that? It wouldn't bother me so much if side-b was able to take its place, but side-b is much more punishable, and also seems occasionally spotty at reflecting, almost like it has blind spots.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Head/body part size relative to the shield, Lucas' has same thing with his head. Side-b was made to better reflect projectiles more in 2.6 I think.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Head/body part size relative to the shield, Lucas' has same thing with his head. Side-b was made to better reflect projectiles more in 2.6 I think.
Side-b reflects earlier, but not better. for some reason projectiles tend to just go straight through it a lot, especially fast moving ones. I'm guessing if they hit ROB and the reflection bubble at the same time, ROB's hurtboxes take priority. So anytime a projectile goes from outside the reflection bubble one frame to inside it and connecting with ROB's hurtboxes the next frame, it hits ROB. All it has to do is be going fast enough and be in the right position. Which apparently isn't too hard.

Oracle

Smash Master
Robs head isnt protected well during the side b. Also, you may be having trouble psing because the the three characters you listed have some of the easiest powershields in the game. I wish we just had a shield that fully covered our fat robot body

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Also, you may be having trouble psing because the the three characters you listed have some of the easiest powershields in the game.
But isn't the window the same for everybody? Like the first two frames of shield will reflect? The only difference should be shield size, to determine whether the projectile is already hitting you or not once it's in the right position to be reflected. Assuming I have a handle on how PSing works in PM.

Top Bottom