• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential * Starting roster on Japanese eshop

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Can I have a look at that Dark Pit Picture? For the life of me I can't figure out what weapon he is Using!
No prob!

Here's a picture from the image dump-

Notice the purple thing in the corner of the picture. I originally thought that it was his badge, but on closer inspection, his badge is small and under his ear. That actually matches up with the top part of the Dark Pit Staff.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
No prob!

Here's a picture from the image dump-

Notice the purple thing in the corner of the picture. I originally thought that it was his badge, but on closer inspection, his badge is small and under his ear. That actually matches up with the top part of the Dark Pit Staff.

The Gem colour seems a bit different but I'm surprised he has a staff I thought they would just copy paste Pit's Move set with the Shadow Effect I guess not!

EDIT :
No...but i am just wondering. Why do you think the final roster is going to be revealed tomorrow
Because Japanese Gamers are Super Humans and Easily finish a game in a Day and Unlock Everything so we should know every single character on the roster by tomorrow :p

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
The Gem colour seems a bit different but I'm surprised he has a staff I thought they would just copy paste Pit's Move set with the Shadow Effect I guess not!

EDIT :

Because Japanese Gamers are Super Humans and Easily finish a game in a Day and Unlock Everything so we should know every single character on the roster by tomorrow :p
You do release it's still 13 days until the game comes out

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

EDIT :

Staff:
The Smash picture seems to be emphasizing the purple more- a good thing since they're really going to have to separate Pit from Dark Pit to make him more acceptable for players.

Unlocks:
Maybe, but some characters could be hidden away well- remember Mewtwo and his 24 hours? However, everyone should be unlockable in regular matches, so someone needs to tell that guy to go to Special, set Flowers, Stamina (1 HP), and Fast, and then rapid-fire go through matches to unlock everyone.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Saw this today after the announcement video on my Japanese 3ds eshop while hoping and looking for a downloadable demo.. lol.

This could be the official starter list being that they usually only show non unlockable characters on "official" select screen screens before launch of game.
Think you could show the other 3 images? The eShop usually has 3 screenshots of every game.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
I honestly didn't expect Robin to be un-unlockable. Or Non-unlockable. Or... erm.... Anti-non-un- asd;lfjkhaskflh.

Playable from the start. That.

Okay but seriousface, I actually like that a good deal of the characters are already unlocked. I mean, I enjoy the experience of the new challenger screen, but at the same time, I know I personally am going to look up how to unlock everyone and get them all as soon as I can.

pickle962

Smash Lord
heh, guess we kinda got our next Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario leak. (That was from Nintendo themselves I mean)
Speaking of which, funny how Captain Falcon and freaking WEE-GEE are starters this time, yet Ness and Jiggs are seemingly unlockable once more. One would think Sakurai would finally have the decency of having the original 12 all starter this time instead of 8 or 10 (Falcon and Ness were starters in Melee), but this is the same man who trolls us with pictures of Luigi's big nose and waits as long as possible to break Ridley fan boys hearts with the purple dragons inevitable playability deconformation.

Remind me to make a machine that let's one read others minds. Sakurai's would be a field day! ;)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We will know the final roster tomorrow, now I am sure.
The fact that the roster was leaked, and that the game was sold early... makes you think we will know the roster sooner?

This proves even more so to me that we were never going to know the full roster until the Wii U version.

Sakurai is not an idiot, he would have planned for a leak. He changed the entire game design, having no Subspace Emissary, specifically to avoid spoilers. This games community is huge- it single handedly won E3! It has forums and websites galore! EVEN BRAWL, six years ago, was leaked.

There is no way he was ignorant to the LIKELIHOOD of a leak. Given his stance on SSE changing because of it, it would shock me if all characters were on the cartridge in the first place.

Solarman

Smash Cadet
Im not so sure I would call this a starter roster mainly because Luigi has always been unlockable. Also I would have though Marth would be unlockable again like he always has been. I think it isn't the starting roster and just shows the characters we know about unlockable or not.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I think it isn't the starting roster and just shows the characters we know about unlockable or not.
If that were the case it wouldn't be missing Lucina. I agree with you though, it might just serve as a screenshot to show some of the characters that are present in the game, for people that for some reason don't know anything that's been going on with the new SSB games as far as information, videos, PotDs, etc. goes.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This could just be a screenshot taken after a few characters were unlocked, but I could see why they'd give you so many characters from the start, I mean even with all these guys ya still gotta go through the trouble of unlocking the other 10 or 15. Although I like how much smash differentiates itself from other fighting games, one thing I'd like it to take from them is having the entire roster unlocked from the beginning. I mean there's so much equipment that has to be unlocked as well and even possibly alternate costumes.
Funny- I much prefer to unlock characters. I would rather have just the original eight, and then have to unlock everyone.

Though to be fair, this is with... ya know, the idea of not knowing who the other characters were. Guess that is impossible in reality. Unless Sakurai really, really figured out how to give me that secret 'Warning: Challenger Approaching' moment. again. If he did that, I don't care if it is a playable Pink Gold Peach, and I will be excited! I simply want a character I did not know about to challenge me!

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Even if at this time and age most players know of the characters, I think it would be cool to have most of the roster unlockable. It gives more of an incentive to keep players into the game, trying to unlock as much as possible. If everyone is unlocked right away, or even most of the roster, the idea of unlocking content will get stale pretty quick because the biggest things, the characters themselves, will already be taken out of the way.

I just hope they have nice balance between character, stages, custom moves, music and trophy unlocks, I'd like that a whole lot more than having most things available immediately leaving me without much to do other than playing Smash mode all the time.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I never get the logic behind making an Easy Mode unlockable rather than the default in any game. I mean, if you've beat the harder mode, why play easy?

I'm talking about them making Marth a starter and Lucina unlockable instead of the other way around.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I never get the logic behind making an Easy Mode unlockable rather than the default in any game. I mean, if you've beat the harder mode, why play easy?

I'm talking about them making Marth a starter and Lucina unlockable instead of the other way around.
Making Lucina an easy-mode Marth is stupid to begin with. It's pretty damn unnecessary. I'd probably like her inclusion more if she wasn't a carbon copy of Marth that simply has different stats to her character, it's uninspired and dull, might as well just not add her.

I personally am somewhat okay with clones that play different in bigger aspects though, kinda like Falco and Fox in Melee. Falco's slower, a bit stronger, his attacks perform differently (like up smash not being as overpowered, and his down air being a spike rather than a multi-hit move), and everything else he has differently just makes him feel differentiated enough that it doesn't feel like a waste of time. Lucina just doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to this honestly.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Yeah, I don't get that either. I know in Devil May Cry games and I think Bayonetta unlocked Easy Mode if you died too many times. It's basically a "You suck, so you should we should hand-hold you, loser". I love that. inFAMOUS - I don't know if the sequels had it - moved you up difficulties if the game notices you're having an easy time. Oh, and Resident Evil 5 apparently had an adaptive difficulty. Each difficulty had a lock - roof and floor - on how difficult it was. So, if you were playing normal, the lowest it can go would be like easy-normal and the highest would be hard or normal-hard. The more you died or took a ton of damage, the lower the difficulty drops and if you were doing well, less health and ammo drops would show up and enemies would be stronger.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yoshi is still out of position, that will bother me forever.
This may be a straw grasp (don't put a lot of weight into it), but it may be because Paper Mario unlockable?

Completed roster with this doesn't seem to make sense.

Also, yeah I think it's the starting roster. So, lots of unockables...

YAY!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Raijinken

Smash Master
This may be a straw grasp (don't put a lot of weight into it), but it may be because Paper Mario unlockable?

Completed roster with this doesn't seem to make sense.

Also, yeah I think it's the starting roster. So, lots of unockables...

YAY!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
I'm fine with any sort of solution, as long as the series' are connected. Heck, if they want to re-rebrand Yoshi as a Mario character, that fixes the issue in another way.

Same for clones, I really hope they end up at least in their series' section.

D

Deleted member

I'm slightly peeved by Ness and Captain Falcon no longer sharing availability status, Toon Link and Luigi being starter, and Wario being hidden, but at least Shulk is starter so I'll be able to experiment with arts as soon as I get the game.

Top Bottom