• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I think the real question here is whether or not these costumes will be available from the start or unlockable. I personally hope that they're unlockable with specific criteria (not like some trophies and other things you can stumble upon). Like complete classic mode in under X amount of time with ZSS to get her alternate, etc.
I would be okay with that.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
I think the real question here is whether or not these costumes will be available from the start or unlockable. I personally hope that they're unlockable with specific criteria (not like some trophies and other things you can stumble upon). Like complete classic mode in under X amount of time with ZSS to get her alternate, etc.
I think that's a pretty good idea, it would add more lifespan to the game, but I don't think this is something Sakurai would do, for costumes he would probably make all already unlocked from start, kinda similar how Link has Dark Link costume and Wario has classic costume from start.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
There is a "colour forward" and "colour backward" button. It's possible we saw the last metal sonic colour first.
In fact, the FOURTH metal sonic costume we are shown IS the actual metal sonic colour.

Last edited:
Totally agree, I really hope alts are unlockable. I love unlocking stuff.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
In fact, the FOURTH metal sonic costume we are shown IS the actual metal sonic colour.

Ohh! Good eyes there! So it seems the leaker used the "Colour backward" button, that would explain why the leaker didn't went through all Sonic Colours before reaching Metal Sonic Alt, and it starts with the last colour, now that makes sense.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I think that's a pretty good idea, it would add more lifespan to the game, but I don't think this is something Sakurai would do, for costumes he would probably make all already unlocked from start, kinda similar how Link has Dark Link costume and Wario has classic costume from start.
That's true, but correct me if i'm wrong, aren't some of the custom moves unlockable? Or was he referring to something else when he said "custom parts" in reference to the treasure chest post of the day?

He says "The treasure chests that appear in Smash Run are very important. Not only do they give you stat boosts, but they also give you custom parts (the bag on the right) and Smash Run powers (the bag on the left). You should pick these up and use them in the next battle!"

At first I thought custom parts were used in Smash Run, but last week's screenshot labeled everything selectable in Smash Run as a power... Hmmm...

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Ohh! Good eyes there! So it seems the leaker used the "Colour backward" button, that would explain why the leaker didn't went through all Sonic Colours before reaching Metal Sonic Alt, and it starts with the last colour, now that makes sense.
Ugh, if this is fake - if any of this is fake - I'm so impressed. These people are so smart!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Wait I may have found something.
Skip to ten. Notice the transition from regular to purple Metal Sonic doesn't have the flash effect. Replay the video. Every other transition does.
EDIT: Same thing happens in 0:14

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The traditional format is subject to change though, and I love this idea and hope it does.

Can I get an update on this Metal Sonic situation and whatever else happened overnight?

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Skip to ten. Notice the transition from regular to purple Metal Sonic doesn't have the flash effect. Replay the video. Every other transition does.
Um... I saw the transition flash effect.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, not sure what I'm supposed to look at. To me all of those transitions have the flash effect.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
If I remember correctly, at least at Smash-Fest the only way of changing colors was tapping the portrait, and there was no way to cycle backwards through the colors. This could have been changed since the demo, but I feel like that wouldn't have been something they would hide, or forget to add almost right away.
EDIT: On a side note, about Dr. Mario being in this leak, couldn't it be entirely possible that he was added to bring back the older attacks like Mario's old down special?

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Um... I saw the transition flash effect.
...Are we watching the same video? Even if it's there it's clearly not as prominent.
EDIT: Okay what the hell.
The embedded version does have the flash.
But the one on youtube it's self doesn't.
NO SERIOUSLY WHAT THE ****!?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
At this point I'm expecting Daisy to pop up as an alt, if all these character-altering alts are any indication. Metal Sonic would definitely have different voice clips (but his lack of spikes would be strange in some moves, like Sonic's Up-Throw)

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Fake.
Imagine this:

Player 1, 2, 3 and 4 join a match. Player 3 drops out. Now they have the option of turning player 4 into player 3, or locking Player 4 as player 3, but now player 3 joined later.

It is within the realm of possibility.
No.

Faking a video is incredibly hard to do.
No it's not.

About this new leak:

I don't believe the leaker (in case he faked it) would forget something so important and obvious as P3 comes before P4.
You don't believe that a guy that would intentionally post a youtube video trying to trick a bunch of Smash fans would **** up? Seriously? The hoops people jump through to try and justify things is astounding to me. Do you know this guy? Is it really that impossible to you that he forgot something. Is it even that outrageous that an extremely talented person could forget something?

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Fake.
No.

No it's not.

You don't believe that a guy that would intentionally post a youtube video trying to trick a bunch of Smash fans would **** up? Seriously? The hoops people jump through to try and justify things is astounding to me.
Oh, an expert. Goodie.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Fake.
No.

No it's not.

You don't believe that a guy that would intentionally post a youtube video trying to trick a bunch of Smash fans would **** up? Seriously? The hoops people jump through to try and justify things is astounding to me.
Well since you're really sure about it being fake you could use arguments why it's fake instead of going all "FAKE" and judging people based on a video that seems legit.

That was the same people reaction when Brawl was first leaked, just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
I can't find the artwork for Metal Sonic used in this leak....I'll keep looking....*gulp* dear god...so many creepy fan arts....

Of course it's entirely possible that he made the art from the ground up. Just look at the Kloana leak.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Metal Sonic being an alt of Sonic would be dumb. Sonic has had tons of viable looks himself without resorting to using a different character for his alt.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What I feel now is that if this roster is real, it's the final roster...

...until the Wii U version comes out.

Think about it--how else can Nintendo keep hype for the Wii U version? By lining up free DLC to snatch when the Wii U version comes out, and the best way to do that is characters. To keep the rosters the same, it's DLC for both versions, not "on the Wii U and downloaded on 3DS". I get the feeling that this is Ridley and Mewtwo's fate. Sakurai can't and probably isn't ignoring them.
This is basically the only thing that has given me hope, ever since the Tomodachi stage leak proved to be very, very plausible. I just don't see people getting hyped up over Lucas, Wolf, and Chorus Men... Though Snake (and Ice Climbers, to a lesser extent) I could see still getting people pumped.

Basically, while at this point not everyone can be 100% pleased, there is still potential for a lot of hopes and dreams in the DLC to make things "right." The problem lies with which way is right, since not only do we have conflicting "leaks," but not everyone wants the same characters. I, for one, would have liked Wolf to stay and Falco to be cut. I'd like Mewtwo to be one of the hidden 5 characters, but some leaks are again him while others are for him...

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
It's interesting how these leaks are coming from the US and Europe... not Japan, where it's releasing very soon.
I think it's because the game needs to be submitted to ESRB to be reviewed before launch, and since US launch is not that far.

And Nintendo of Europe probably got the game to work on the translation for other languages. That's my theory.

D

Deleted member

Okay watch the video on Youtube you don't see the flash there.
But I do though...

Maybe it's a video problem on your end?

Idk, but I can definitely see all the flashes in both the embedded and Youtube page version of the video.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Uh, I'll be honest, I saw the flash for every one of them. You sure your computer didn't lag or something, bud?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but correct me if i'm wrong, aren't some of the custom moves unlockable? Or was he referring to something else when he said "custom parts" in reference to the treasure chest post of the day?

He says "The treasure chests that appear in Smash Run are very important. Not only do they give you stat boosts, but they also give you custom parts (the bag on the right) and Smash Run powers (the bag on the left). You should pick these up and use them in the next battle!"

At first I thought custom parts were used in Smash Run, but last week's screenshot labeled everything selectable in Smash Run as a power... Hmmm...
Custom moves are unlockable. We could see them at the demo. It'd show you the goods you collected after a 3DS smash run match and some people recognized some of them as custom moves. You couldnt use them but they were there.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If this leak is true I can't be mad about Dr. Mario. Say all you want about him, but he would essentially be the answer to people complaining about FLUDD still being Mario's Down+B. Plus his A moves(or at least most of them) had really weird attributes. People seem to ignore that Doc had arguably the most unique NAir in Melee.

D

Deleted member

I see the flash every time as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom