• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Wouldn't mind playing as Bowser Jr., but Duck Hunt Dog seems kind of lame. Also, I don't think it necessary to have Doc on the roster since he was a clone to Mario and they could just give Mario a palette swap like Project M. I also thought Sakuri said he wasn't doing clones anymore? Overall, I do hope this is fake since I really only like 1 of those new characters and I would much rather Mewtwo come back then Doc.

Doc can't be a clone, Mario's down special is his F.L.U.U.D. Doc down special will be something completely different and just Lucina if a character has the slightest differentials they warrant a slot instead of a pallet swap

Master Shiv

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiv_Games
Dark Pit was acknowledged as his own separate character in the Palutena reveal, so I highly doubt that he'll be an alternate costume for Pit.

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Okay, so we're just waiting for trailers for:
Bowser Jr.
Duck Hunt
Shulk
Chorus Kids (when the dlc comes out)
Dark Pit...... Oh wait, they already snuck him into Palutena's trailer. So he could be revealed any of these days without the need of a video/direct. Unless he's kept as a secret unlockable, though.

Edit~
They can reveal the rest (Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, and Shulk) anywhere from now until the Wii U version's western release if they wanted. Which will likely be December-January.

What I'm thinking:
Shulk: September (3ds Jpn release)
Bowser Jr: October (3ds Western release)
Duck Hunt: December (Wii U Jpn/West release)

The JPN and West will not have the same release date. I can JPN release in November/ early December and West late December/early January

Also I don't think this leak is the complete roster! I believe there is more characters you have to unlock namely Dixie Kong

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Also note that the color
"Dark Pit" was removed from Pit's pallet its been more than likely he is his own character regardless of this leak being real or not.

Last edited:

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Dark Pit was acknowledged as his own separate character in the Palutena reveal, so I highly doubt that he'll be an alternate costume for Pit.
You are right! All the Alts that have been announced so far (Wire Frame Mac, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villagers, and Female Robin) were not in an actual trailer. Theybwere just confirmed by Sakurai. If Dark Pit was an Alt I believe Sakurai would of BEEN confirmed that. He doesn't believe in false hype!

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Both of those "mistakes" have been proven wrong
No, they haven't. 'The warmup picture isn't EXACTLY the same!' Is not an argument. This entire fake leak was made with Photoshop. Do you really expect them to copy and paste previous pics?
And it's been proven wrong that shills face lines up perfectly with little macs? No it hasn't, because it does do that.
I could list off the other mistakes in this leak by I've done it like twice already.

Evilmagic101

Smash Rookie
I for one am hoping this leak is real, and playing as the Duck Hunt Dog sounds tons of fun. Also for the people who KEEP saying that Dr. Mario wouldn't be a character just an alt costume for Mario, remember that Sakurai said that if different characters have the same move set but play differently they get their own spot on the roster. Same goes for Dark Pit, if he deals damage differently he gets his own spot.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
The lines separating each character from the next is "black" G&W hand is "black" his hand blends in with the line, also Wario's Jacket is dark blue but with a camera that seems like it only has 5 megapixels and taking a picture of a screenshot/picture the quality is undoubtedly going to be poor! As for Shulk he is 100% in the game! Check the Smash website the first composer Sakurai listed on there is Tomori Kudo from Xenoblade Chronicles....if thats not a hint what is?? Besides your only argument is his face lines up perfectly with Little Mac?? So does Mario's and Fox but I guess that's been confirmed too huh...The only flaw in all of this is Wario's eye! Its clearly missing a pupil! But I couldn't help but think this is a tester testing the game for bugs and flaws and Wario's eye was probably 1 of them that he/she have to point after testing the game

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not refuting your claim entirely, but composers have nothing to do with character inclusions. Composers are hired on an individual basis, and even if the composer works for Monolith Soft it's not that surprising now that Nintendo owns Monolith to use their composer for music work.

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not refuting your claim entirely, but composers have nothing to do with character inclusions. Composers are hired on an individual basis, and even if the composer works for Monolith Soft it's not that surprising now that Nintendo owns Monolith to use their composer for music work.
Understandable, but I'm not saying because Xenoblade composer is in the game that's the ONLY reason he's in the game but its 1 of the reason I believe he's in. Music has nothing to do with it because Nobuo Uemastu did the main theme for Brawl but not 1 Final Fantasy rep showed up n the game but Xenoblade is a different story! Too much is going in Shulk's favor and you can't deny it.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Doesn't mean he can't be an alternate costume as a pseudo-character. Sakurai confirmed that Lucina was originally meant to be an alternate costume for Marth, so its conceivable that she could have had her own name and voice along with her model.
Dark Pit could easily be the same.
You are right! All the Alts that have been announced so far (Wire Frame Mac, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villagers, and Female Robin) were not in an actual trailer. Theybwere just confirmed by Sakurai. If Dark Pit was an Alt I believe Sakurai would of BEEN confirmed that. He doesn't believe in false hype!
WireFrame Mac is actually just a texture swap I think, since it doesn't actually change the model at all, his actual alternate costume is his Pink Sweat Suit, which did appear in his Trailer at the beginning.
Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villager, and Female Robin didn't need to appear in their respective trailers simply because they are meant to be the same character, just different genders..though Female Robin was kind of tacked onto that trailer. Its also possible they didn't have costumes ready when those trailers were created.
As for Dark Pit, he's his own established character separate from Pit.
Also, Sakurai hasn't always been one to confirm something right away. He shown off a Pic of the Day showing off both Female and Male Wii Fit Trainers half a year before revealing Male Wii Fit Trainer as a costume during the Smash Bros. Direct and then there's the Ridley Trolling he's still doing a full year after first teasing Ridley as a boss but not outright confirming it.
Dark Pit could still be a character, just with his own Name and Voice similar to how Lucina would have had her own voice and the Male/Female WFTs and Robin have their own voices. He would be like a pseudo-character.
I for one am hoping this leak is real, and playing as the Duck Hunt Dog sounds tons of fun. Also for the people who KEEP saying that Dr. Mario wouldn't be a character just an alt costume for Mario, remember that Sakurai said that if different characters have the same move set but play differently they get their own spot on the roster. Same goes for Dark Pit, if he deals damage differently he gets his own spot.
Dr. Mario would be better off as a costume for Mario though, its still Mario. It honestly always bugged me that Mario & Dr. Mario had different stats in Melee. It didn't make sense, they are literally the same character just in a different costume, why would his stats be different? Project M also shown that it could be possible to change a Fireball into a MegaVitamin if they wanted and, honestly, Dr. Mario with the Fludd isn't really that odd a thing since he IS Mario still.
As for Dark Pit, his stats being different from Pit's wouldn't make sense either, he is a literal clone of Pit and when you play as Dark Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising, he is a literal palette swap of Pit and acts exactly the same.

Can they be their own characters, sure, but anyone could be..we could have OoT and TP Link be their own separate characters with the same stats and moves if we wanted to, but it doesn't mean we should..

ShadowGamerOmega

Smash Rookie
NNID
Earthboundianz
3DS FC
0447-5101-1686
I don't buy this one at all. To me, the character selection screen lacks visual flare, and some of the icons for the unconfirmed characters either look like they don't fit in, or they're just plain cheesy (not to mention that the character names have been removed, which there's really no reason for). I also find some of the roster choices here illogical, mainly the choice to add the Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, and Bowser Jr. over a more interesting and well deserving newcomer like Isaac. I also see no reason to include Dr. Mario as a veteran out of Melee, and not include someone as popular as Mewtwo. Also, the fact that this leak even mentions DLC really turns me off, especially some of the choices. Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers make sense, but Snake and The Chorus Kids? Snake is pretty much dead to Smash Bros now, and using The Chorus Kids seems like this leak is taking too much from Gematsu (I'm not counting Shulk as Gematsu influence, because he has excellent chances on his own, leak or no leak). I'm only trusting in Sakurai himself, anything else, no matter how convincing, is just going to inevitably be busted. Watch this leak completely fall apart the moment a new veteran gets revealed, and their official character art is completely different from what is depicted in the leak.

EDIT: I feel so stupid after reading this now lol

Last edited:

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Doesn't mean he can't be an alternate costume as a pseudo-character. Sakurai confirmed that Lucina was originally meant to be an alternate costume for Marth, so its conceivable that she could have had her own name and voice along with her model.

WireFrame Mac is actually just a texture swap I think, since it doesn't actually change the model at all, his actual alternate costume is his Pink Sweat Suit, which did appear in his Trailer at the beginning.
Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villager, and Female Robin didn't need to appear in their respective trailers simply because they are meant to be the same character, just different genders..though Female Robin was kind of tacked onto that trailer. Its also possible they didn't have costumes ready when those trailers were created.
Also, Sakurai hasn't always been one to confirm something right away. He shown off a Pic of the Day showing off both Female and Male Wii Fit Trainers half a year before revealing Male Wii Fit Trainer as a costume during the Smash Bros. Direct and then there's the Ridley Trolling he's still doing a full year after first teasing Ridley as a boss but not outright confirming it.
Dark Pit could still be a character, just with his own Name and Voice similar to how Lucina would have had her own voice and the Male/Female WFTs and Robin have their own voices. He would be like a pseudo-character.

Dr. Mario would be better off as a costume for Mario though, its still Mario. It honestly always bugged me that Mario & Dr. Mario had different stats in Melee. It didn't make sense, they are literally the same character just in a different costume, why would his stats be different? Project M also shown that it could be possible to change a Fireball into a MegaVitamin if they wanted and, honestly, Dr. Mario with the Fludd isn't really that odd a thing since he IS Mario still.
As for Dark Pit, his stats being different from Pit's wouldn't make sense either, he is a literal clone of Pit and when you play as Dark Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising, he is a literal palette swap of Pit and acts exactly the same.

Can they be their own characters, sure, but anyone could be..we could have OoT and TP Link be their own separate characters with the same stats and moves if we wanted to, but it doesn't mean we should..

uuuhhh you just validated my point bruh...I'm convinced Dark Pit will not be an alt for Pit he will have his own slot.

NNID
Majorasmask66

Nintendo said wireframe mac is an alternate costume. It comes down as well as to what you consider an alternate costume to be. Do you consider a MASSIVE overhaul in texture to be an alternate costume or no? Because some people do and some people dont which is what it comes down too.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
That Shulk victory screen is just too good, Since it's the same leaker and all.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Even tho not all stages are shown wouldn't there be a green greens stage and a wii fit studio #BunkTheLeak

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Even tho not all stages are shown wouldn't there be a green greens stage and a wii fit studio #BunkTheLeak
Wii Fit Studio is probably unlocked with Wii F-.... oh

Green Greens is uuhh... oh dang

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Another thing going towards this being fake: Bowser Jr.'s art leaves no space in his box at all for his color, which no visual designer would allow. Even Jigglypuff has clear color. The visual designer would at least shift him to the corner and size him down a bit in order to let people see the color!

NNID
Majorasmask66
Well no Ridley so I sure hope it's fake... Was hoping for King K. Rool as well.
Actually, if this leak is real, then Ridley will get in, however king k rool wont be in. This leak lines up with another leak that said the same exact things would happen here that were listed but also talked about Ridley, Mach Rider, Dixie kong, and some one else i cant remember, will join.

Joshua Twilley

Smash Rookie
1. Just because it's at a different angle, doesn't mean it's real. It could've just been photoshopped.
2. The room is based off an actual room in Tomodachi life:
It could be because its a smaller low quality pic it makes the colors much darker.

GameFreak164X

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameFreak164X
3DS FC
3308-4878-1702
I think it's VERY likely that this is fake. But there is some convincing evidence that could be real.
If it is real, then it's a pretty bad roster. 4 of the 5 DLC characters we have to PAY for (including a 3rd party?!) are returning characters. Dark Pit is a horrible addition. Duck Hunt Dog on top of WFT, Villager, and Chorus Men add up to an overabundance of joke characters. We have 7 freaking Mario characters, talk about a lack of balance. Plus, the roster design looks bland and generic. (Once reason it may be fake, considering it's a Sakurai game)

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I think it's VERY likely that this is fake. But there is some convincing evidence that could be real.
If it is real, then it's a pretty bad roster. 4 of the 5 DLC characters we have to PAY for (including a 3rd party?!) are returning characters. Dark Pit is a horrible addition. Duck Hunt Dog on top of WFT, Villager, and Chorus Men add up to an overabundance of joke characters. We have 7 freaking Mario characters, talk about a lack of balance. Plus, the roster design looks bland and generic. (Once reason it may be fake, considering it's a Sakurai game)
Menus in the 3ds version are bland and generic

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Anyone notice how here it's mostly Team Fake, the thread is mostly Team Real, and then the rest of the boards is just a mix? :laugh:

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr Mario was next to eachother because there all clones obviously. Ganondorf and Falco and Toon Link remain because they are veterans and more major, Plus Wind Waker HD. (Dr Mario is literally Mario with different clothes and was left out a game. No Mistake.)

DLC?! Didn't Sakurai say that he'll focus on the game first and THEN the DLC? I calling fake, because of that.
I would be with you but he just added that at the end like an idiot and i feel like if this was real except for the DLC he was just being a jerk. If there were photoshopped pictures of the DLC this whole thing would be fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakethesmasher

Smash Rookie
Who knows, maybe this isn't the full roster. As long as Mewtwo returns, i don't care who Sakurai brings back from Melee.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Mario series getting a lot of love geez. I imagine Dr. Mario being a DLC costume.

Keep in mind that this is not the Duck Hunt Dog. Its Duck Hunt itself. The duck is playable too?

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
It's almost as if it's Nintendo's signature franchise or something.
Yeah but still we dont want this game over saturated with characters from the same franchise when we basically already have the main ones mario Luigi peach and Bowser.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I (think) I have some more evidence of why the leak is fake.
1. Look at Falco. How come his feathers aren't realistic like Fox's fur, Donkey Kong's fur, etc.? I would use the same argument with Duck Hunt, but I think the more 'kiddy' characters aren't as realistic. Ex. Toon Link.
2. Look at the picture with Bowser, Bowser Jr., Pikachu, and Kirby. The CPU coin is hovering over Kirby, so why isn't Kirby translucent like how it is in past smash games when the CPU/Player coin is hovering over them?
My apologies if this has been mentioned.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Yeah but still we dont want this game over saturated with characters from the same franchise when we basically already have the main ones mario Luigi peach and Bowser.
Even including Wario and Yoshi, the Mario series only represents 1/6th of the roster (assuming this leak is true and incomplete). That's not so excessive.

Also, the Mario characters are just more memorable. Rosalina is probably better known than Ridley at this point, so that kinda makes sense.

Still, I know what you mean. I'm a huge Wars fan, and it's so far totally unrepresented. It's a selfish want, though. A character like Bowser Jr. is definitely more famous and popular than any AW character.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Even including Wario and Yoshi, the Mario series only represents 1/6th of the roster (assuming this leak is true and incomplete). That's not so excessive.

Also, the Mario characters are just more memorable. Rosalina is probably better known than Ridley at this point, so that kinda makes sense.

Still, I know what you mean. I'm a huge Wars fan, and it's so far totally unrepresented. It's a selfish want, though. A character like Bowser Jr. is definitely more famous and popular than any AW character.
Well considering this if we put Dr. Mario in the top right where G&W is thats a whole entire row that is to much for me. I just wish we had more diversity thats the main reason why I dont like this roster it adds two more characters from the mario franchise and a clone of pit. Shulk DHD are the really the only ones that adds more diversity to this roster. And hey lol ill even take something from Wars (not exactly sure what game this is) and put it in this game cause this roster is begging for more ppl from different games.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
uuuhhh you just validated my point bruh...I'm convinced Dark Pit will not be an alt for Pit he will have his own slot.
I don't see how I validated your point.
I said that Lucina was originally an alt, likely with her own name and voice. The only reason I see her becoming a character is because Sakurai wanted a Roy-style clone (any gameplay changes would have to be done on purpose, not just by applying a costume)
I also said that Dark Pit, being a literal clone of Pit, has the same exact stats as Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, so why would he be different in Smash Bros?
Nintendo said wireframe mac is an alternate costume. It comes down as well as to what you consider an alternate costume to be. Do you consider a MASSIVE overhaul in texture to be an alternate costume or no? Because some people do and some people dont which is what it comes down too.
They called WireFrame Mac a costume, yes, but they also called the Skyloft-style Link a Costume when its clearly just a texture swap.
Is it a costume from a technical standpoint, yes, but so is Fire Mario and Daisy Peach, but in the context of the comment I was replying to, its not the same as the more 'special' alternate costumes it was lumped with like Female Villager, Female Robin, and Male Wii Fit Trainer, when paired with those, Little Mac's alternate costume would be Sweatsuit Mac.

When it comes to games, I consider a True Alternate Costume to be one that changes the model itself where as the ones that don't were originally Palette Swaps, but now that they change more then previously, I call them Texture Swaps...don't get me wrong though, I love how fancy they are going with their Textures this time around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom