• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Fox infinite on Wario...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
So my friend is at FAST1, and he doesn't like Brawl too much. However, for ****s and giggles, he entered anyway XD. He's playing pools, going random, and got Fox against a Wario player. Something interesting happened during his experiments lol...

Check this...

When you grab Wario, and don't do anything but let him break out, he goes into this weird animation where he falls right back onto you (or near you) unable to do anything.

Most of you knew this. However, apply this into it...

Grab Wario.
Let him break out.
As he falls, dair him.
Regrab.
Let him break out.
As he falls, dair him.

You can see where I'm going with this lol. The Wario couldn't do anything against it. However, this little uh "potential infinite" may not work on levels with platforms right above you, so you'll have to pick things like FD, or do this on Smashville when the platform isn't right above you.

This may have already been known, but if not, then here is the thread XD.

EDIT: I just realized that I'm in the brawl boards... so... to make this uh "infinite" worthwhile... just add an upsmash at the end >.>

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Nice video, but off topic. That should belong in the Sheik character discussion. This is for Fox's version of using the grab on Wario, not Sheik. :) Besides... some of those combos, I think the opponent could've spot dodged in time, or rolled or somethin, I dunno. (yes I realize they are being done on CPUs/empty controllers) /doesn't play Brawl too much.

Good find. Mind if I add this to my thread?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175146
Sure I guess lol.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Nice video, but off topic. That should belong in the Sheik character discussion. This is for Fox's version of using the grab on Wario, not Sheik. :) Besides... some of those combos, I think the opponent could've spot dodged in time, or rolled or somethin, I dunno. (yes I realize they are being done on CPUs/empty controllers) /doesn't play Brawl too much.
Nope, if anything, you can maybe tech the Bair, but the frames to do that are insanely small.

I just put the vid up because it's the only video I know of that shows how Wario's grab release owns himself.

M@v

Subarashii!
Thanks you much. I HAVE to try this. The best player I know(online and off) mains wario/zelda. This might turn it around on his wario if I practice the timing.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Question: Can Wario interrupt/dodge the Dair-Grab? I'm thinking rolling, spot dodging, or a jab interrupt. Can someone test?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i'm guessing the dair would combo into grab around 15+% because that's when it's start to be guaranteed on snake, and if wario's lighter, it's earlier.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I've been experimenting with the jab release on wario. This is not an infinite as they can time a roll or sidestep out of it. You can however also do fair combos from this, and also do a slightly charged usmash out of grab release.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
This isnt an infinite the Wario to break out of it can force a ground break or no struggle during the time his being grab which also forces a ground break i tried kneeing the Wario to make him Struggle but it seems if you hit him it forces a ground break :ohwell:

Top Bottom